News Big changes coming to EPCOT's Future World?

techgeek

I don't buy that the festival center has been pushed back. Literally most of the work, especially the early work, in Future World has been to make space for this festival center.

I could buy that instead of a unique piece of architecture, we wind up with a much more pedestrian (and cheaper) structure. Or a perma-tent. I agree that leaving it a empty field would be a bit much, even for the current leadership mindset.

aladdin2007

Maybe they are rethinking some of this and going to change the plan (do away with some of this egocentric horrible idea in the first place) in some way? (except I guess it still wouldn't be for the better) even though they so proudly ripped out the fountain and tearing down buildings that could have been redone. Keep botching this park up Disney, seems to be what you do best anymore.

DreamfinderGuy

I'd like to once again point out that we have not passed the point of no return with Innoventions West. In the fraction of a percent chance that Disney is even remotely considering backing out of this, do it now. The embarrassment will be there regardless of whether you tear this building down or not, so you may as well keep it while you can. If there's any sort of indecision, pump the breaks on this and continue on when a new plan has been finalized. I don't buy them cancelling or retooling this project, but if they do now is the time to do it.

rnese

It's just like they say with children. You always remember the FIRST time they do something, but don't remember or appreciate the LAST time. Like my son used to suck his thumb. We tried to get him to stop for years. Now that he has, we always talk about how cute he was when he did it.

You always remember the FIRST time you see something at Disney. Pandora, Galaxy's Edge, Fantasyland Expansions, etc. I was in EPCOT 2 years ago and didn't realize it would be the LAST time I'd see the fountain or Communicore West. Didn't take one final look. Didn't reflect on all the great times I had in that building as a kid.

Last edited:

Unbanshee

I'd like to once again point out that we have not passed the point of no return with Innoventions West. In the fraction of a percent chance that Disney is even remotely considering backing out of this, do it now. The embarrassment will be there regardless of whether you tear this building down or not, so you may as well keep it while you can. If there's any sort of indecision, pump the breaks on this and continue on when a new plan has been finalized. I don't buy them cancelling or retooling this project, but if they do now is the time to do it.

Fountain of Nations has been removed. For what?

KBLovedDisney

I don't buy that the festival center has been pushed back. Literally most of the work, especially the early work, in Future World has been to make space for this festival center.
I don't know man, I mean look what happened to the fully planned out theater that was to take place in Magic Kingdom recently. I believe the entire thing got completely scrapped after so much publicity. (Someone please correct me if I am wrong.)

DoleWhipDrea

I would be surprised if the festival pavilion is cancelled, as its design screams of future upcharged events (there’s no way that the average guest will be welcomed to watch HarmoniUS on that top level unless they pay another $150+.) And the park has needed a solid festival event space that could get guests indoors. That said, the placement for such a thing would make more sense in World Showcase. It’s definitely not worth messing with the sight lines for Spaceship Earth. “Vanity project” sounds about right.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom