News The Effect of “Frozen 2” in the Parks (SPOILER HEAVY)

Disneyson

Original Poster
So, this will be a spoiler-heavy post about Frozen 2 - you’ve been warned.

“Frozen 2” is out, and now Anna and Elsa can add three brand-new outfits each to their collection, making a grand total of 14 outfits. I cry for bank accounts all across the world. It seems that the new “Adventure” outfits and the “Finale” outfits have been created by by the Disney parks (complete with appropriate new hairstyles and Anna’s brand-new very-hyped accessory) — and in a strange twist, it seems like the Royal Summerhaus has gone with the Finale outfits. Do we think this is a permanent change, or something that will run until like, January 5th? And if we return to original costumes, will Anna retain her bling? It makes a lot of sense to keep changing their outfits so that they can sell more photos, but I wonder if there will be complaints and demands for the original outfits.

The soundtrack has also come out, and is fully ready to be integrated into the Disney Parks, whether it be via Main Street Piano, in new Nighttime Spectaculars, Shows, Parades, or into Norway’s BGM. Where do you think it’ll appear first?

And finally, I feel that the appearance of a literal canoe and river might not affect our ride, but may affect future designs of Frozen Ever After. What we might be more vigilant of is seeing characters like Honeymaren or Ryder appearing in Norway, which might be Disney’s way to connect the real indigenous people of Norway with an animated property. Doing a sort of show in Norway like the Coco show in Mexico would be ideal, especially with some characters that feel more tied to the actual traditions of Norway. If nothing else comes from Frozen 2, a little edutainment would most certainly be welcome.

What do you folks think?

Disneyson

Original Poster
Where are the spoilers? New dresses, music and a canoe were evident from the trailers...

The new dresses are not the same as the ones from the trailer. The ones featured in the parks show Anna as the Queen of Arrendelle and Elsa as the Fifth Element and Protector of Northundra. This is the “twist” of the movie - that the sisters are separated in the end.

Now that the movie is released, the songs have been set into context and people that wish to talk about the scenes surrounding the new songs will be able to.

The canoe factors into spoilers when Elsa literally pushes her sister away again, causing Anna to fall into a physical (and literal) depression, which is a key plot point in the film that was probably not promoted so much beforehand because your favorite princess experiencing severe mental anguish is not the best thing to put on a poster.

Additionally, while this isn’t specifically WDW, I can easily imagine that the Four Elements (Gale the Wind, Bruni the Salamander, Nokk the horse, and the Rock Giants) could factor heavily into the Frozen coaster in HKDL. The characters befit a theme park really well, and while I don’t see the infrastructure or space in Norway to create an attraction based on the Elements, I can really see attractions based on the elements in the three under construction Frozen lands.

disney4life2008

Omg I hope they reduce the amount of frozen. When that movie came out the first time, I was so sick and tired of hearing that horrible song let it go. Not to mention, they replaced Cinderella wish with frozen.

Disneyson

Original Poster
Omg I hope they reduce the amount of frozen. When that movie came out the first time, I was so sick and tired of hearing that horrible song let it go. Not to mention, they replaced Cinderella wish with frozen.

I agree. I think the show should have included both Cinderella and Frozen characters - it totally drags in it’s current form.

CJR

I'll be surprised if we see changes anytime soon. What color is Rapunzel's hair in her M&G? Same thing, different characters.

Tony the Tigger

Didn’t read the whole first post because I haven’t seen it yet and probably won’t until it’s on D+ or HBO.

But the trailer did remind me of the ride when they were apparently riding something on water.

Disneyson

Original Poster
Is this news/rumors ? Or general discussion?

I would say news because the movie has already directly affected the parks with merch, foods, and a change to one of the most popular meet and greets on property (the news bit), and has potential to change the existing offerings (the speculation bit). But if the discussion ought to be moved that's totally fine.

rodserling27

So since Elsa left, she shouldn't be in the parks now, right? Just like we can't find Luke Skywalker or Darth Vader anywhere in SW:GE. ;)
Frozen II was a major, major disappointment. Convoluted, forced storyline. I was mad at the ending too, with Elsa abdicating the throne and then not even being at her sister's coronation. Terrible character writing. I can't believe that's the best they could do.
As far as the parks are concerned, I would say we see very little impact from the new film in the long term. Sure there will be new outfits, and references to it, and possibly a ceremony for the now-Queen Anna, but the original Frozen 1 is basically where it's at for most people.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom