Avengers Campus - Reactions / Reviews

mickEblu

so anyone have a guess when they would actually start on construction of the show building for the avengers ride?

will they wait till phase one opens before they get started then make everyone wait another 2.5 years or will they be proactive and get the show building going and maybe open things up sooner.

My guess is sooner than later so they can at least have the facade up with the Quinn Jet since it’s facing the rest of the land In very close proximity. Unless its a separate structure and they re able to do that without working on the show building?

Ismael Flores

My guess is sooner than later so they can at least have the facade up with the Quinn Jet since it’s facing the rest of the land In very close proximity. Unless its a separate structure and they re able to do that without working on the show building?

Looked like a large building that is separate from the smaller entrance building. Speaking of the large show building I really hope that the art they showed was just a teaser art and not finished. If all they do is paint the building grey and add a huge "A" logo I will be very disappointed. They really need to add a proper facade to match the entrance structure. It will also be interesting to see how they make the building fit with Carsland. A huge grey building looming over Luigis and dwarfing the eastern mountain range will not be very appealing.

Last edited:

truecoat

Looked like a large building that can is separate from the smaller entrance building. Speaking of the large show building I really hope that the art they showed was just a teaser art and not finished. If all they do is paint the building grey and add a huge "A" logo I will be very disappointed. They really need to add a proper facade to match the entrance structure. It will also be interesting to see how they make the building fit with Carsland. A huge grey building looming over Luigis and dwarfing the eastern mountain range will not be very appealing.
transformers building.jpg

mickEblu

Looked like a large building that can is separate from the smaller entrance building. Speaking of the large show building I really hope that the art they showed was just a teaser art and not finished. If all they do is paint the building grey and add a huge "A" logo I will be very disappointed. They really need to add a proper facade to match the entrance structure. It will also be interesting to see how they make the building fit with Carsland. A huge grey building looming over Luigis and dwarfing the eastern mountain range will not be very appealing.

i agree. That’s such a cheap and lazy way out. This isn’t the Hollywood backlot where you I can get away with that.

SSG

From the concept art, it seems like a platform for a Quinn Jet could easily be built separately. That and the Dr. Strange show area would pretty much block out the Avenger ride construction zone. So actual ground breaking for the ride could be a ways off as there would be a pretty contained Marvel area with two attractions, shops, dining, M&G space and show space.

mickEblu

Hopefully they go way underground but it doesn’t look like it in the concept art.

Ismael Flores

From the concept art, it seems like a platform for a Quinn Jet could easily be built separately. That and the Dr. Strange show area would pretty much block out the Avenger ride construction zone. So actual ground breaking for the ride could be a ways off as there would be a pretty contained Marvel area with two attractions, shops, dining, M&G space and show space.

View attachment 419070

The platform for the Quinn jet is actually already being placed on the entrance show building. The supports were pointed out in one of the videos. You are correct that the show building can start at anytime since it will be in a secluded construction zone.

Its too bad that they may not continue the aesthetics of the entrance building towards the showbuilding. Something like Hong Kong concept art would work nicely as a backdrop facade for the building. Lets hope they addres the backdrop for Luigis though

Ismael Flores

Hopefully they go way underground but it doesn’t look like it in the concept art.

they also seem to be taking the lazy route out on the northern side. The animation building will only be getting a grey paint job and a logo. I am sure that at ground level the height of the PYM and restrooms will hide a good chunk of it but not sure about that once you are standing on the south side of the land by Dr. Strange area

Old Mouseketeer

they also seem to be taking the lazy route out on the northern side. The animation building will only be getting a grey paint job and a logo. I am sure that at ground level the height of the PYM and restrooms will hide a good chunk of it but not sure about that once you are standing on the south side of the land by Dr. Strange area

That's a good call. One of the things they have taught in new employee orientations is the importance of "transitions" as in between lands. It will be interesting to see how this one plays out. I'm not optimistic.

Old Mouseketeer

I wonder if that is cheaper to retrofit and build around the existing structure or just bulldoze the entire thing and start new

"Welcome to the new Disney+ reality series 'Beancounter vs. Imagineer'!"

There are degrees of reno. WDW Tomorrowland was a reskin. DL Tomorrowland '67 and Fantasyland '83 involved a lot of stripping down to structural steel, even if the cement floor was ripped out. Note that all subterranean construction was limited to areas not being re-used.

Gotta count those beans!

Phroobar

"Welcome to the new Disney+ reality series 'Beancounter vs. Imagineer'!"

There are degrees of reno. WDW Tomorrowland was a reskin. DL Tomorrowland '67 and Fantasyland '83 involved a lot of stripping down to structural steel, even if the cement floor was ripped out. Note that all subterranean construction was limited to areas not being re-used.

Gotta count those beans!
So it has never happen where they bulldozed an entire land and started with a blank slate. They away retrofit and expand existing building.

Wait, they've bulldozed an entire land before - A Bugs Land!!! To bad they will never bulldoze Tomorrowland.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom