Coco ride? (Image on new Imagineering Site)

wityblack

Original Poster
Wow thanks! Would they both be boat rides, or would be additions- not boat rides- to their locations?
DCA would benefit from a capacity boosting boat ride. I know Gran Fiesta is about 1600 per hour, around the same as Radiator Springs Racers. Only 4 rides in DCA have larger capacity, going from most to least, Incredicoaster, Grizzly River Rapids, Little Mermaid, and Guardians of the Galaxy.

EPCOTCenterLover

DCA would benefit from a capacity boosting boat ride. I know Gran Fiesta is about 1600 per hour, around the same as Radiator Springs Racers. Only 4 rides in DCA have larger capacity, going from most to least, Incredicoaster, Grizzly River Rapids, Little Mermaid, and Guardians of the Galaxy.
DCA is lacking in so many ways- much like the Studios park. In both countries.

wityblack

Original Poster
It is VERY popular here in California. So if it does come to DLR I think it would be a huge hit.
Honestly, California Adventure could use a section celebrating latino culture, as it is a very big part of California and its history. But I doubt they would execute a Coco attraction in a way that ties into California, especially if it has to be on Pixar Pier.

SplashJacket

Was Coco popular enough for a ride?

I do not think popularity plays into the debate of adding a ride as much as it may seem at first.

Look at Galaxy's Edge, the epicenter of American culture is sure to be a smashing success, right?

Tron got a ride in Shanghai, and it is coming to MK despite making less than half than Coco in the box office.

Non IP rides are enormously popular.

I can assure you, next to no one goes on Splash Mountain because Song of the South is their favorite movie.

I assume most people do not go on 7DMT for Snow White.

People enjoy good rides.

I have never seen a Harry Potter movie. I read the first two chapters of the first book but was not a fan so I put it down. Yet I absolutely love Forbidden Journey and Hagrids.

The OG Figment was universally praised, however, the current iteration of Figment is universally trashed.

deWild

I do not think popularity plays into the debate of adding a ride as much as it may seem at first.

Look at Galaxy's Edge, the epicenter of American culture is sure to be a smashing success, right?

Tron got a ride in Shanghai, and it is coming to MK despite making less than half than Coco in the box office.

Non IP rides are enormously popular.

I can assure you, next to no one goes on Splash Mountain because Song of the South is their favorite movie.

I assume most people do not go on 7DMT for Snow White.

People enjoy good rides.

I have never seen a Harry Potter movie. I read the first two chapters of the first book but was not a fan so I put it down. Yet I absolutely love Forbidden Journey and Hagrids.

The OG Figment was universally praised, however, the current iteration of Figment is universally trashed.
Preach

lazyboy97o

It was more popular than Ratatouille and Tron
TRON and Ratatouille were paid for by others. They’re being added to Walt Disney World because they already existed and Disney was desperate.

Tell that to Iger. He has repeatedly stated he is only interested in investing in attractions related to franchises. Box office gross and merchandise sales are the most important metrics to approving an attraction, not its actual experience.

Last edited:

Sped2424

A Coco attraction has been designed for the Mexico Pavilion in Epcot and an unnamed location at DLR (possibly also for Paris, but my source isn't sure), but the actual implementation of the design has not been green lit. It did not make it in the revamp Epcot budget, which means that it is probably several years away. I'm told the designs would involve significant changes within the pavilion to accommodate necessary queue modifications. At this point, it looks more likely to arrive at DLR first when given the go-ahead.
the DLR crowd is BEGGING for a coco attraction. The crowds that would show up at DCA for the show featuring puppet Miguel was always insane!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom