The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Songbird76

I should have done shopping this weekend due to the sales and coupons but the malls would be packed so I didn't go. And I try not to go shopping during peak hours. Which leaves today being Armistice/Vererans Day out.

Though I did see something wierd yesterday. This table of 6 at a restaurant was sat at a table. After ordering drinks, moved to another table ( they knew the person sitting down).

I don't understand what's weird about that. You see someone you know, isn't it normal to combine tables unless it's a really special occasion you're celebrating in a more intimate group.
Forgive me while I vent a little.

What a horrible weekend... (week really) Hubby's back and developed new issues and he has to get an MRI and xrays... only we are still waiting for the hospital to call with a time... it's usually super quick... so I'm not sure what's taking so long. Gotta call today and find out.

Saturday our electric decided to die in the whole upstairs and part of my kitchen downstairs. (basically one circuit) So we have been without power part of the weekend... the two saving graces are the heat and appliances are on different circuits, and our internet is out because of this, so luckily... the one thing comcast does do right is allow you to connect to any xfinity wifi... luckily the neighbors connection is close enough that most of the time we can still watch tv.

This could be a very costly adventure because we have OLD old wiring... and we definitely need a new box... maybe the entire house rewired. Can I cry now?

Needless to say, no trips for us for awhile!

And... it's snowing like crazy this morning.

Sigh!
I'm so sorry to hear that! Have you gotten the date for the MRO and xrays now? I saw you got the electrical issue fixed. Did you perhaps ask the neighbor how much rewiring will cost? Since you said it's old and probably needs to be done, maybe he can help you out without you having to pay big company prices.
Yes...three different times in the last 10 years I drove from NJ to Orlando and back. I'd always stop in NC or SC and get a good nights sleep before continuing. Well anyway....each of those multi state I-95 trips I would get stuck in a back up of cars, and when I finally got to the front...well the tragic reason for the back up was that some maniac had crashed into the concrete divider or gone off the road due to overly aggressive driving. I hate the people who weave in and out of the lanes at 85mph....squeezing themselves into small gaps just to get ahead. I always leave a safe gap between myself and the car in front of me....and I'm not a weaver either;):cool:
My husband always drives a little slower than the speed limit. Most people speed, so we get passed left and right, but it saves gas apparently, and it was just on the news this morning that they are going to reduce all the speed limits to 100km/h from 130. DH drives 100 anyway, so it won't change anything for us. I doubt people will follow it anyway.
One thing...do teach her how to pump gas. Especially if she's bringing her own car. It was amazing the number of confused NJ students we had...I make fun of NJ, but this one's serious. I had a very nervous freshman in chorus tell me her car was low on gas and she had no idea what to do...and that was my senior year after hearing the same story over and over again...
Why wouldn't people in NJ know how to pump gas?
I'd add changing a tire and being able to jump start a car to the list of things one should do before being allowed to drive because even with AAA waiting for them could take quite a while and not every place has a good signal to call from.
Isn't this standard? We had to learn how to change a tire, how to check oil and transmission fluid, how to add oil or transmission fluid, and wiper fluid, how to use jumper cables...we learned it all in drivers ed. And I guess Drivers Ed wasn't mandatory, but pretty much every 16 year old took it anyway. Is this not a standard thing everywhere?
I know. Good thing I finished my book last night so I have plenty of watching time devoted.
Ooooh what book? I just finished Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts last night. I checked out Year One at the library last weekend not realizing it was part of a trilogy. It was at least the first book in the trilogy, but then I had to go back and check out the 2nd, and I discovered the third book doesn't come out for 2 more weeks. When I checked the online catalogue on the library website, it doesn't have the 3rd book ordered, and it doesn't list the 2 books they have together as part of a trilogy, so I'm thinking they bought them as stand alone books, not realizing there's a set. So they probably won't get the third one. Their English section is pretty pitiful and I only have a subscription because I got it for free for a year. If I want to renew next year, it's 50 euros, which is not really worth it for the number of books they have in English. But now I have ordered the entire trilogy, pre-ordering the 3rd book so I get to read it, since the library won't be getting it. And I don't want to just own the last book of the trilogy, so I ordered the first 2 as well.
But I love hearing about what other people are reading.

Rista1313

I'm so sorry to hear that! Have you gotten the date for the MRO and xrays now? I saw you got the electrical issue fixed. Did you perhaps ask the neighbor how much rewiring will cost? Since you said it's old and probably needs to be done, maybe he can help you out without you having to pay big company prices.

Not yet.. we are playing tag with the dr's office and the hospital... apparently his MRI orders are MIA.

I did not ask him about the rewire... I wanted to... but I was scared.

93boomer

Premium Member
@MySmallWorldof4 call your cable company and they will be able to tell you what your bill without cable be. Their site should have the prices for each individual component. We dropped the house phone and use a Track Phone flip phone as the house phone, that costs a whole $7 per month
We dropped our cable 2 years ago but still have wifi. We complained about how high wifi would be alone. The girl let us have a deal. All my DH has to do is every January call and let them think we are going to drop wifi, and the deal stays the same!
My DD does the same for her dish every year. If you act like you are dropping it, a deal is offered.

StarWarsGirl

Ooooh what book? I just finished Of Blood and Bone by Nora Roberts last night. I checked out Year One at the library last weekend not realizing it was part of a trilogy. It was at least the first book in the trilogy, but then I had to go back and check out the 2nd, and I discovered the third book doesn't come out for 2 more weeks. When I checked the online catalogue on the library website, it doesn't have the 3rd book ordered, and it doesn't list the 2 books they have together as part of a trilogy, so I'm thinking they bought them as stand alone books, not realizing there's a set. So they probably won't get the third one. Their English section is pretty pitiful and I only have a subscription because I got it for free for a year. If I want to renew next year, it's 50 euros, which is not really worth it for the number of books they have in English. But now I have ordered the entire trilogy, pre-ordering the 3rd book so I get to read it, since the library won't be getting it. And I don't want to just own the last book of the trilogy, so I ordered the first 2 as well.
But I love hearing about what other people are reading.
I just finished "When We Believed in Mermaids" by Barbara O'Neal. Amazon gives Prime members a free "first pick" every month, a new release from their choices. Well, usually I wait until the end of the month when others have reviewed the books and pick the best reviewed one because some of them have been lousy. This one was an exception, it was quite good. It's about two sisters, one who's an addict. They think the one sister died in a train bombing in Paris, but then they find she faked her own death to overcome her addiction, so the other sister goes to look for her when they realize it. It was a good read. I might read it again one day.

Rista1313

We dropped our cable 2 years ago but still have wifi. We complained about how high wifi would be alone. The girl let us have a deal. All my DH has to do is every January call and let them think we are going to drop wifi, and the deal stays the same!
My DD does the same for her dish every year. If you act like you are dropping it, a deal is offered.
I use to do that... but they called my bluff at one point.... and I was done.

StarWarsGirl

@StarWarsGirl have you seen the Mandalorian yet? If not you MUST, ASAP!
Not yet. I've been in a nostalgic mood, plus I was feeling a bit depressed yesterday with both of my aunt's cats, plus one of my cousins has been in the hospital since Friday and we're worried about her.

So I cuddled with Belle and watched five episodes of Kim Possible. It's funny; it made me feel a bit better.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom