Star Wars: Rise of the Resistance

TalkingHead

Not trying to say anything about what they specifically have to axe to make room. Just that Disney parks have to seriously economize their space, especially Disneyland which is surrounded on all sides. Much easier to do shorter rides than longer ones.

Their Pirates is twice as long as WDW’s. The sizes of the resorts have little to do with the length of the rides.

Last edited:

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Sure, but you don’t have to follow directions and do anything on Rise. You just sit and watch.
You don't know that yet until we get some actual ride povs. We do know you have to enter/exit the transport, load onto the ride vehicle. There maybe other steps. so i dont see how its different than other rides at that park. plus there is a rey hologram, are they gonna play it in 5 languages at the same time? of course not. so language does not matter. they are probably not putting in Falcon cuz the ride sucks

ToTBellHop

You don't know that yet until we get some actual ride povs. We do know you have to enter/exit the transport, load onto the ride vehicle. There maybe other steps. so i dont see how its different than other rides at that park. plus there is a rey hologram, are they gonna play it in 5 languages at the same time? of course not. so language does not matter. they are probably not putting in Falcon cuz the ride sucks
They chose not to put in Falcon before guests decided “it sucks”. I’m sure you’re right and I have no knowledge of the RotR ride experience, dialogue, or level of interactivity.

“Move from here to here” is easily stated in English and French. The frequent instructions on how to play the MFSR video game, on the other hand, not so much. And heaven forbid the 6 “players” not speak the same language. There’s dialogue on Tower of Terror and Phantom Manor, too, but you can enjoy both just fine without understanding the dialogue.

I will agree with you that the guest response to MFSR cemented the decision not to clone it.

SWGalaxysEdge

and we're waaaaayyy off topic again... ;-) - here ya go...
Lots of bad acting in this ride car.

5NPHkmXQ.jpg

Bocabear

I dunno. If that is indeed a practical effect, I‘m probably going to have a similar reaction. :D
I am pretty sure most of what you see in that teaser are not real practical effects...Just look at the Rock N Rollercoaster teaser going through real sets, not painted flats....

djkidkaz

They chose not to put in Falcon before guests decided “it sucks”. I’m sure you’re right and I have no knowledge of the RotR ride experience, dialogue, or level of interactivity.

“Move from here to here” is easily stated in English and French. The frequent instructions on how to play the MFSR video game, on the other hand, not so much. And heaven forbid the 6 “players” not speak the same language. There’s dialogue on Tower of Terror and Phantom Manor, too, but you can enjoy both just fine without understanding the dialogue.

I will agree with you that the guest response to MFSR cemented the decision not to clone it.

MFSR can be fixed if they just close Star Tours and make MFSR randomized scenes taking me to places I know while flying the MF. It’s an easy way to add classic Star Wars to the land and keep the ride different and fresh. It also lets me fly the MF instead of the star tours starspeeder 2000 or whatever they call it. You combine the best things about the two rides and problem solved.

SWGalaxysEdge

MFSR can be fixed if they just close Star Tours and make MFSR randomized scenes taking me to places I know while flying the MF. It’s an easy way to add classic Star Wars to the land and keep the ride different and fresh. It also lets me fly the MF instead of the star tours starspeeder 2000 or whatever they call it. You combine the best things about the two rides and problem solved.

...trouble is, it's Disney. They'd have to take a simple solution like that and throw 20 Imagineers at it to see what they can come with - they'd over Imagineer it and take years to come up with what you did in 10 seconds.

SWGalaxysEdge

** I WAS WRONG ** - I will take the walk of shame and admit I was wrong about the AT-AT heads.
They do, in fact, not move as I was told. This coming from a second source who has ridden at least 10x so far.
In sort of fairness to my original source, they hadn't actually ridden the ride. They're in the show building, but hadn't ridden it.

socalkdg

** I WAS WRONG ** - I will take the walk of shame and admit I was wrong about the AT-AT heads.
They do, in fact, not move as I was told. This coming from a second source who has ridden at least 10x so far.
In sort of fairness to my original source, they hadn't actually ridden the ride. They're in the show building, but hadn't ridden it.
What we really want to know is if they will talk like the cars from RSR? ;)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom