Railroad Refurbishment

wedway6482

Original Poster
Anyone have information on the Railroad refurbishment, and to what degree it will be worked on? Thanks in advance!

cjkeating

The word on the street... mainly from ED92... is that it was initially closed as a cost cut (thanks Chapek, but at least it meant DLP got good press by saving parks and resorts in latest quarterly financial results) but whilst the Frontierland Theatre was being constructed the track has been damaged. As the theatre isn't actually complete and work is going to continue after The Lion King ends its run in September repairs are not due to be made until after the construction is fully complete.

So in reality don't expect to see the Railroad until 2020. Repairs and cost cutting permitting.

TrainsOfDisney

I was wondering about this too.... would hate to not get to ride the train on a visit to Disneyland paris (what could potentially be my only visit to the park) but was hoping to plan a trip when I could see Mary Poppins on the west end too.....

cjkeating

Has there been any update on this? And when does the castle go behind scrims or whatever is going to happen?
Railford reopening has been delayed until next year, current date is April 1st but don't take that as definite.

No announcement on castle refurbishment, I don't expect that to happen until 2021 (although I did see a rumour last week that it may start by Christmas season 2020).

TrainsOfDisney

Thanks. I maybe should just make the trip... see the park (and Paris) in Christmas decoration and not worry about the train. It looks like it will be the only thing down for the Christmas season so otherwise I’d see the full park and many attractions in good shape from what I hear.

I could always find some steam trains in England to ride to make up for it ;) ha.

cjkeating

Thanks. I maybe should just make the trip... see the park (and Paris) in Christmas decoration and not worry about the train. It looks like it will be the only thing down for the Christmas season so otherwise I’d see the full park and many attractions in good shape from what I hear.

I could always find some steam trains in England to ride to make up for it ;) ha.

I would go this Christmas for sure... so much entertainment in the season over and above you'll get at most other times of the year.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom