The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

MySmallWorldof4

To the insurance people out there. I had 2 neighbors redo their roofs in the last week. One of the workers rang my door and spoke to me. He asked if I knew that insurance companies pay for new roofs? I of course always assumed that would not be covered unless a tornado came threw, or maybe a hurricane. Anyway he said we had a hail storm in May (I didn't remember), and that insurance companies will pay for a new roof if you have hail damage. He then offered to take a look at our roof for no cost. Our house was built in '04 and we have no trees around it. I thought roofs could last at least 20 years. Anyway he said that even though the storm was in May, our insurance company should cover it, but the deductible portion of course. I don't know it all sounded fishy. He should me pictures of some dents on the down spouts and the flashing on the side of the garage. We just changed insurance to Liberty Mutual in June from Horace Mann. He said it would be no problem and they would go through Horace Mann. Told me an inspector would come out and they would assess the damage. It just sounds dishonest and a quick way for this roofing company to make money. It is 6 months from this storm. If it was a week, I would get it. Sounds like a way for them to drum up business quickly before the winter. My dh thought it sounded a bit fraudulent.

MySmallWorldof4

Mine is vegan so I can't help you with a recipe but found this and it may be just what you're looking for https://www.amazon.com/Fermentaholi...jbGlja1JlZGlyZWN0JmRvTm90TG9nQ2xpY2s9dHJ1ZQ==
Here's an easy "mozzarella cheese" sauce that I found. It is really delicious. I use it for my veggie lasagna.

MouseDreaming

A lot of his books are like this with the movies. Arguably Pet Cemetery was equally as good as the book. The Shining as well, although that's because Jack Nicholson is amazing. The Running Man was a completely different story almost, but both were good. I think Stephen King just writes in a way that is easily translated to screenplay
In the case of The Shining, I thought the book was much better. With Stephen King, you get more info from the book, so things in the book tend to make more sense. Fun fact about Pet Cemetary. I think it was the first movie since Psycho (which he watched when he was about 12), that really scared/freaked my Dad out. I had rented it (ah, video stores), started watching it, and then ended up going out with friends. Dad kept watching it. He was so mad at me, that I would bring home such an awful movie. I pointed out to him, he could have turned it off at any time.

Figgy1

Premium Member
To the insurance people out there. I had 2 neighbors redo their roofs in the last week. One of the workers rang my door and spoke to me. He asked if I knew that insurance companies pay for new roofs? I of course always assumed that would not be covered unless a tornado came threw, or maybe a hurricane. Anyway he said we had a hail storm in May (I didn't remember), and that insurance companies will pay for a new roof if you have hail damage. He then offered to take a look at our roof for no cost. Our house was built in '04 and we have no trees around it. I thought roofs could last at least 20 years. Anyway he said that even though the storm was in May, our insurance company should cover it, but the deductible portion of course. I don't know it all sounded fishy. He should me pictures of some dents on the down spouts and the flashing on the side of the garage. We just changed insurance to Liberty Mutual in June from Horace Mann. He said it would be no problem and they would go through Horace Mann. Told me an inspector would come out and they would assess the damage. It just sounds dishonest and a quick way for this roofing company to make money. It is 6 months from this storm. If it was a week, I would get it. Sounds like a way for them to drum up business quickly before the winter. My dh thought it sounded a bit fraudulent.
Sounds super fishy to me. Is he going to call your insurance company if so even fishier!!!!!!!! I've seen statements out by state AG's offices never to use a company that knocks on your door! If you decide to do it triple check their insurance and licenses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MouseDreaming

I saw a snowflake in my forecast for next week. There is a call for flurries Tuesday. :coldfeet:
Woke up to a dusting this morning. The cold front has descended. Too early for it to be so cold. But, spending another green Christmas with my dad in AZ. The other night he told me it is cold there. Only getting up to 88 or so. Seeing as my highs for the day are lower than his lows, don't wanna hear it.

StarWarsGirl

This was Dad advice from when we had the same thing happen after a hail storm...those companies knocking on your doors probably are fishy. Don't trust them.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Sounds super fishy to me. Is he going to call your insurance company if so even fishier!!!!!!!! I've seen statements out by state AG's offices never to use a company that knocks on your door! If you decide to do it triple check their insurance and licenses!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
This was Dad advice from when we had the same thing happen after a hail storm...those companies knocking on your doors probably are fishy. Don't trust them.

Never trust a company that knocks on your door. But also, feel free to call a reputable roof company in your area and float the question to them. If it's legit a thing, all the companies likely do it.

There are so many horror stories out there about people trusting the companies that knock on their door. Sure they're out there to drum up business, but when it comes to my house I'm trusting word of mouth and plentiful reviews. I know at least a dozen people who had to redo driveways because they took advantage of an "amazing deal" from someone knocking on their door.

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
Woke up to a dusting this morning. The cold front has descended. Too early for it to be so cold. But, spending another green Christmas with my dad in AZ. The other night he told me it is cold there. Only getting up to 88 or so. Seeing as my highs for the day are lower than his lows, don't wanna hear it.

Ours is supposed to start right at commute home time :rolleyes::rolleyes:

Rista1313

SCAM!

eta: even though if you do have significant hail damage, your insurance company might pay for it... but months later? Unlikely...

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom