Something needs to change with MK close on non Party Nights

NickMaio

You are completely correct of course, but what many of us see pushes the envelope of probability.

If I were handicapped, I would be conscious of public perception. As in, I would keep the jumping up out of my scooter and flitting about seemingly effortlessly to a minimum. Especially in high crowd stress situations.

This story is a bit unusual in the person in question was in an actual wheelchair. Scooters are ripe for abuse, but wheelchairs not so much. I'm thinking with those it is glaringly legit or glaringly fake.

Some people can stand and be mobile for short amounts of time. One trip one year my mom had knee surgery, had a scooter. Was able to occasionally get up to stretch - - - The judgement was ridiculous - - - Why can't people just mind their own.................let people live and be.
You don't know - - - you don't need to know - - - why do you care so much?????????????????????

kenny279

I like the idea of only letting resort guest on the resort monorail. That is how it should be. I remember being on one jammed full that emptied at the TTC, very little resort guests were on it. It will make staying at a monorail resort much less stressful. I have never liked that non-resort guests used it.

NickMaio

I like the idea of only letting resort guest on the resort monorail. That is how it should be. I remember being on one jammed full that emptied at the TTC, very little resort guests were on it. It will make staying at a monorail resort much less stressful. I have never liked that non-resort guests used it.
I am sorry but there is simply too many people entering and leaving the MK. Having only the boats and a few busses to bring back people to the TTC would be asinine. Even in the "low season", the MK traffic is crazy. Never mind the busy season.
Our last visit the monorail was down after the fireworks - - - it was pandemonium, just crazy.

NickMaio

On some nights there can be 100,000 people in the MK. To get everyone out in an acceptable amount of time we are ALL going to be squished. Just because you are staying at a WDW monorail resort does not mean you should get special treatment. We ALL need to get back home or to our resorts.

OneofThree

I like the idea of only letting resort guest on the resort monorail. That is how it should be.

Agreed -it's the only thing that makes sense. Scan this board (or any other for that matter), and you'll find that overwhelmingly, the major factor in people shelling out for deluxe resorts is location. If access is a hassle concerning MK and GF/Poly/CR, "location, location, location" as some have said, doesn't mean quite as much.

disneyworlddad

I have never seen them close off the resort monorail to non resort guests. We almost always would take it to the TTC. One of the best little tricks. The resorts guests alone aren't going to run that line at capacity for the full time the park is emptying out so why shut it off to TTC guests?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
It's been a quite a few years since we've seen any fireworks shows inside MK, mainly because of the crazy mobs of people exiting the park at the same time. We've been shoved, pushed, stepped on, etc.

Lately, we enjoy them from afar, not quite the same, but at least, we avoid the exiting crowd madness.

kong1802

It wasn't so bad when the parks were open later and you could "wait it out."

Now with reduced hours, and even further reduced hours during "party season" (August - Dec), it is absolutely insane. We opted for the buses during summer and it was truly awful. It's the worst way to end the day. We've only seen HEA 2x's in our 10 visits to MK over the last 2 years for this very reason...

ETA: I have never seen them restrict the resort monorail line. How did they do it? Walk through the line and scan bans?

jloucks

Some people can stand and be mobile for short amounts of time. One trip one year my mom had knee surgery, had a scooter. Was able to occasionally get up to stretch - - - The judgement was ridiculous - - - Why can't people just mind their own.................let people live and be.
You don't know - - - you don't need to know - - - why do you care so much?????????????????????

The answer to that question is simple. But first, you need to understand what is, or is not, other peoples business. Anything that affects you, is your business. People cutting in line, for ANY reason, is your business. People faking handicaps is every bodies business.

You're mother standing up and stretching in the middle of the park is nobodies business as if affects nobody.

You're mom cutting in the bus line, standing up, stretching, doing a back spring, and skipping happily into the bus is the business of everybody standing in that line that now has to wait on another bus.

Obviously I am not saying your mother did the latter. I am wildly exaggerating to make a point. People tend to generalize the scenarios a little too much.

jloucks

Navigating the parks with scooters & wheelchairs suck. Not to mention the scooters are pricey. What would be the benefit of faking handicap status?

That was kinda my point. Wheelchairs are a pain. Only for those that need them do they help. Fakers would generally never go for a wheelchair.

Scooters tho, those are a different category. Those are usually a better deal for even able bodied people. ...exception huge crowds.

NickMaio

The answer to that question is simple. But first, you need to understand what is, or is not, other peoples business. Anything that affects you, is your business. People cutting in line, for ANY reason, is your business. People faking handicaps is every bodies business.

You're mother standing up and stretching in the middle of the park is nobodies business as if affects nobody.

You're mom cutting in the bus line, standing up, stretching, doing a back spring, and skipping happily into the bus is the business of everybody standing in that line that now has to wait on another bus.

Obviously I am not saying your mother did the latter. I am wildly exaggerating to make a point. People tend to generalize the scenarios a little too much.
People faking handicaps is every bodies business. - - - - My point is you will never know this.......That fact that you think you do - - - is an unrealistic judgemental notion.
You're mom cutting in the bus line, standing up, stretching, doing a back spring, and skipping happily into the bus is the business of everybody standing in that line that now has to wait on another bus. - - - - I have never seen someone do this, I seriously doubt anyone has......using this as an example as to why "fakers" effects you really does not make any sense.

Just because someone can "walk" does not mean they are a faker............. it appears that empathy is rarely extended in the happiest place on earth.

NickMaio

Who is cutting the line ????? I am not sure I get this. WDW has a system for people with physical disabilities and other reasons. If they see fit to grant this, who are you to say otherwise- - -that fakers effect everybody because they cut in?
Honestly this is so strange and entitled to me.............. Your justification that because someone can do "specific" things that , in your eyes, they are faking their condition.
There are more important things going on in my life than to cast misaligned judgement at others. This comes up all the time on this forum.
I will never get it...........................

Touchdown

Original Poster
I’ll reiterate this again, it was an MK wheelchair, ie one that would never leave the gate. CMs were on to them the moment they pushed themselves to the front of the line. It was a pretty clear they “borrowed the wheelchair” and seeing as they silently used the injured person as a battering ram (they made no sound) that they were highly suspect. Security was coming up the ramp when the train left.

jloucks

Who is cutting the line ????? I am not sure I get this. WDW has a system for people with physical disabilities and other reasons. If they see fit to grant this, who are you to say otherwise- - -that fakers effect everybody because they cut in?
Honestly this is so strange and entitled to me.............. Your justification that because someone can do "specific" things that , in your eyes, they are faking their condition.
There are more important things going on in my life than to cast misaligned judgement at others. This comes up all the time on this forum.
I will never get it...........................
People faking handicaps is every bodies business. - - - - My point is you will never know this.......That fact that you think you do - - - is an unrealistic judgemental notion.
You're mom cutting in the bus line, standing up, stretching, doing a back spring, and skipping happily into the bus is the business of everybody standing in that line that now has to wait on another bus. - - - - I have never seen someone do this, I seriously doubt anyone has......using this as an example as to why "fakers" effects you really does not make any sense.

Just because someone can "walk" does not mean they are a faker............. it appears that empathy is rarely extended in the happiest place on earth.

You're twisting my words. Lemme try to untwist...

"Who is cutting the line ?????"
Anyone that does not wait in the line as long as I do. And yes, this includes pay-to-cut people if it makes it more equitable.

"that fakers effect everybody because they cut in"
Yes, that is correct.

"Your justification that because someone can do "specific" things that , in your eyes, they are faking their condition"
"Just because someone can "walk" does not mean they are a faker"

In my eyes they are more likely to be faking their condition. I never said they are faking their condition. While you may chose to view the world through rose colored glasses, does not mean that everybody does. ...or should.

"My point is you will never know this.......That fact that you think you do - - - is an unrealistic judgemental notion"
I never said I know it. I implied I suspect it. There is a big difference. The probabilities, and public opinion, shift when a person has no symptoms. That is far from unrealistic. My whole point of posting in this thread is to say that people with disabilities might avoid some judgment if they eased up on acting perfectly healthy in front of people that are already agitated because of the situation. I get it, you are saying they shouldn't have to. I heard you. Heck, you are right from some perspectives. ...but that doesn't make my statement incorrect.

"I have never seen someone do this, I seriously doubt anyone has......using this as an example as to why "fakers" effects you really does not make any sense."
Neither have I. I explained it in the next sentence that you selectively left off.

I see the world differently than you. You have such a beautiful pristine view of people. It is very admirable. I hope that you never get hurt because of your perspective. I on the other hand, have experienced a different world. A world full of liars, cheats, thieves and even murderers hurting other people. I have learned to be aware of behaviors and other indicators increasing the probability that somebody is up to no good. This has served me well.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, you would be a fool not to consider for a moment that it might in fact, be a duck. I am not going to assume it is not a duck, just because it is wearing a "not a duck" sign around it's neck.

To roll with the duck analogy... if you are not a duck, best to not quack, walk, and look like a duck. ...if you can at all help it.

drizgirl

If Disney was making the resort monorail for resort guests only, that's an admission that they KNEW it was going to be a ****show last night. Instead of cracking down on transportation options, why not lighten the load on all transportation by keeping the park open later to stagger the crowd? I know, anything but that. Forget guest experience. Disney has to shave hours off to save a few more dollars.

NickMaio

You're twisting my words. Lemme try to untwist...

"Who is cutting the line ?????"
Anyone that does not wait in the line as long as I do. And yes, this includes pay-to-cut people if it makes it more equitable.

"that fakers effect everybody because they cut in"
Yes, that is correct.

"Your justification that because someone can do "specific" things that , in your eyes, they are faking their condition"
"Just because someone can "walk" does not mean they are a faker"

In my eyes they are more likely to be faking their condition. I never said they are faking their condition. While you may chose to view the world through rose colored glasses, does not mean that everybody does. ...or should.

"My point is you will never know this.......That fact that you think you do - - - is an unrealistic judgemental notion"
I never said I know it. I implied I suspect it. There is a big difference. The probabilities, and public opinion, shift when a person has no symptoms. That is far from unrealistic. My whole point of posting in this thread is to say that people with disabilities might avoid some judgment if they eased up on acting perfectly healthy in front of people that are already agitated because of the situation. I get it, you are saying they shouldn't have to. I heard you. Heck, you are right from some perspectives. ...but that doesn't make my statement incorrect.

"I have never seen someone do this, I seriously doubt anyone has......using this as an example as to why "fakers" effects you really does not make any sense."
Neither have I. I explained it in the next sentence that you selectively left off.

I see the world differently than you. You have such a beautiful pristine view of people. It is very admirable. I hope that you never get hurt because of your perspective. I on the other hand, have experienced a different world. A world full of liars, cheats, thieves and even murderers hurting other people. I have learned to be aware of behaviors and other indicators increasing the probability that somebody is up to no good. This has served me well.

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, you would be a fool not to consider for a moment that it might in fact, be a duck. I am not going to assume it is not a duck, just because it is wearing a "not a duck" sign around it's neck.

To roll with the duck analogy... if you are not a duck, best to not quack, walk, and look like a duck. ...if you can at all help it.
No twisting of words.....
I never said I know it. I implied I suspect it. - - I am sorry but that is the same thing and incredibly semantical. Your implication of said "faking" people who are mobile IS the same thing as writing this as your belief of knowing. There is no way around it...........

I have experienced everything you chose to express and sadly more negative events in my life. The fact that I am not judging others based on what I see does not mean I see the world in rose coloured glasses. It simply means that I choose to let others live and be in their own.
I do not let the negative experiences in my life jade my values and opinions of others. Especially those who have physical or mental issues.

When others state things they can not possibly know, I will call them out for it, on any forum, public place or discussion.

NickMaio

If it looks like a duck, quacks like a duck, and walks like a duck, you would be a fool not to consider for a moment that it might in fact, be a duck. I am not going to assume it is not a duck, just because it is wearing a "not a duck" sign around it's neck
This analogy / comparison to individuals that have physical issues is really quite sad. If you try to say otherwise - - - this is what our discussion has been about after all. Disabled people, and your profound knowledge and life experience to prove them otherwise.

I am sorry that you view the world this way. These are other things to be concerned with, I am sure we can all agree.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom