Haunted Mansion Christmas Overlay Dates?

Disney Irish

Premium Member
But the new one's effect doesn't rely on the projection, it relies on the head dropping into the body.
There was an issue with the original effects which caused both heads to be seen at the same time. It was such an issue that they took it out because they couldn't fix it. The new one is an upgrade of the effect with newer technology that allowed them to get the effect to work properly.

As for the projection, it allows them to get him to do faces, lookup, etc. while in the hatbox. All of which you couldn't do without it.

If you do a Google search there is several blogs dedicated to the history of the old chap. It goes over all the issues and the fixes in the new one too I believe.

TROR

There was an issue with the original effects which caused both heads to be seen at the same time. It was such an issue that they took it out because they couldn't fix it. The new one is an upgrade of the effect with newer technology that allowed them to get the effect to work properly.

As for the projection, it allows them to get him to do faces, lookup, etc. while in the hatbox. All of which you couldn't do without it.

If you do a Google search there is several blogs dedicated to the history of the old chap. It goes over all the issues and the fixes in the new one too I believe.
I'm well aware of the history. I just don't find these to be adequate excuses.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Hhmm...

Okay.
Plus the Haunted Mansion to me is one ride that holds a lot of personal meaning on many levels so I am very quick to defend it. Even though I dont own it or work for Disney and by all accounts have nothing to do with the ride or its daily operations or decisions therein. To me I have alot of special memories and experiences in it. I just love it and it brings out the joyful kid in me no matter what hard crap i go through in life. A ride on the Mansion can make me smile even in the darkest times. I love it so when someone attacks it, it just gets under my skin and I illogically consider it a personal attack. it boils my blood and it gets me passionate about it. because I love it. I am very mellow in real life despite what my typing in all caps on the internet may have you to believe.

Sundown

Original Poster
Is there any way I can confirm the specific date in 2020 that the attraction will be back up and running as the normal Haunted Mansion?

Sundown

Original Poster
Thanks for your reply Phrubrah. Do you know of any way to confirm the exact date? I'm not going to do to Disneyland if it's not reverted back.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom