Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

Disstevefan1

The Skyliner is too big to fail. All we can do is hope they will fix whatever caused the malfunction. In my opinion the evacuation plan they have in place will not evacuate folks fast enough if people are stuck in 95 degrees, in the hot sun of the middle if the day.

Lets all hope for the best. This is not new technology, as per wikipedia, The first design of an aerial lift was by Croatian polymath Fausto Veranzio and the first operational aerial tram was built in 1644. In the beginning of the 20th century the rise of the middle class and the leisure industry allowed for investment in sight seeing machines. Prior to 1893 a combined goods and passenger carrying cableway was installed at Gibraltar.

The Skyliner its not designed and manufactured by Disney. I am guessing subcontractors hired by Disney may have installed it maybe? It appears they are getting support from the manufacturer. Its in everyone's interest to get this fixed. Could you imagine if Disney let loose their lawyers on the gondola manufacturer? For the manufacturer, it would be more comfortable in the skyliner in 95 degrees, in the hot sun of the middle if the day.

Goofyernmost

These are the lessons that I have learned over my 71 years. People get killed in cars so I'm never going to ride in a car again. People get killed in trains, boats and buses so they are off my list as well. Motorcycles? Are you kidding me. Everyday there are many deaths related to accidents involving bicycles. People have fallen while using roller boards/skates, hit their heads and died, they are out also. A lady was killed while walking on the sidewalk here last week, walking is now a no-no! I read somewhere that someone slipped and fell while taking a shower, bathing is now off the table. I guess that from now on it is going to be sitting in the house, dirty, smelly and unhappy, but, until I have that heart attack caused by inactivity I'm sure not going to ride in a Gondola and get stuck for a couple hours. That seems like suicide!

Last edited:

wdw71fan

Just as I suspected, no explanation from Disney and people are happier than ever to get back on it despite the small risk of getting stuck on it all night. How great is that risk? Who knows. No one is talking.

Just like people flocking back into the water at Volcano Bay.. The public at large doesn't care about the details, there is a blind ignorance that is 'Everything is fine now! Of course they fixed it!"..

From the other perspective, why does Disney owe anyone an explanation? It's their prerogative to not divulge anything that could be damaging to the company or it's image.

Goofyernmost

The Skyliner is too big to fail. All we can do is hope they will fix whatever caused the malfunction. In my opinion the evacuation plan they have in place will not evacuate folks fast enough if people are stuck in 95 degrees, in the hot sun of the middle if the day.

Lets all hope for the best. This is not new technology, as per wikipedia, The first design of an aerial lift was by Croatian polymath Fausto Veranzio and the first operational aerial tram was built in 1644. In the beginning of the 20th century the rise of the middle class and the leisure industry allowed for investment in sight seeing machines. Prior to 1893 a combined goods and passenger carrying cableway was installed at Gibraltar.

The Skyliner its not designed and manufactured by Disney. I am guessing subcontractors hired by Disney may have installed it maybe? It appears they are getting support from the manufacturer. Its in everyone's interest to get this fixed. Could you imagine if Disney let loose their lawyers on the gondola manufacturer? For the manufacturer, it would be more comfortable in the skyliner in 95 degrees, in the hot sun of the middle if the day.
Do you have any idea how long it has been since Disney designed and built any form of Transportation? I know you are thinking about the Monorails, but, monorails existed long before Disney started to use them. They may have designed the body but, the mechanics and engineering were already in existence.

fngoofy

A simple press release stating the problem, the resolution, and any changes necessitated to prevent this from happening again would build a lot of confidence in the system and show transparency. So of course that won't happen.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom