News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
To be fair, on a cruise ship, you can go up to the pool deck for some fresh air or sunlight if your cabin doesn't have its own verandah. Aside from that, the cruise ship analogy seems to be reasonably accurate.

Not if you're leaving from Newark in the wintertime. ;)

And yes, that's a thing. An incredibly stupid thing that suckers in people who don't know any better and don't want to fly to a (semi-)tropical port to cruise, and then swear they'll never cruise again because of how bad an experience it is.

Ravenclaw78

Not if you're leaving from Newark in the wintertime. ;)

And yes, that's a thing. An incredibly stupid thing that suckers in people who don't know any better and don't want to fly to a (semi-)tropical port to cruise, and then swear they'll never cruise again because of how bad an experience it is.
Newark, NJ? Or is there a Newark further north? I'd happily cruise out of Jersey in the winter. You wouldn't catch me actually getting in the pool, but I'd head up a few times a day for some fresh air. Especially if they have hot cocoa dispensers on the pool deck like DCL does. :)

KikoKea

It's a 3 day cruise in the space liner, right? I suppose most people would stay a few extra days at WDW after their SW experience in order to visit the other parks.

Ravenclaw78

It's a 3 day cruise in the space liner, right? I suppose most people would stay a few extra days at WDW after their SW experience in order to visit the other parks.
That's the idea - get people to stay for another 4 days in a traditional resort or hotel and round out a week's vacation with 4-day passes to WDW. I can't imagine they won't offer a combo deal - discounted on-site hotel/ticket package for guests at the Starcruiser.

yensid67

I think this hotel will be transformed to a value resort in a few years. I don't see fans paying $3300+ more than once! The after all the fans that are monetarily able to stay there, do, what use is it? I can't wait to see how they are going to handle those guests staying extra days to enjoy the other parks, how much more money will they request to stay at another resort, discounted tickets, etc. People paying $3300+ PLUS thousands more for the extra days...looks like only wealthy guests will be able to afford it...leaving the middle class OUT!

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
I think this hotel will be transformed to a value resort in a few years. I don't see fans paying $3300+ more than once! The after all the fans that are monetarily able to stay there, do, what use is it? I can't wait to see how they are going to handle those guests staying extra days to enjoy the other parks, how much more money will they request to stay at another resort, discounted tickets, etc. People paying $3300+ PLUS thousands more for the extra days...looks like only wealthy guests will be able to afford it...leaving the middle class OUT!

There can only be about 3,500 reservations per year. It will take a while to exhaust the fandom base (who can afford it).

yensid67

Like I said, eventually this hotel with be transformed into a value resort...it may take years but I don't see them keeping this SPECIFIC THEMED to just a single land. And are all those reports true that are saying that SW:GE in both parks, have been a FAIL!? Disney thought it would attract guests galore, but the reports are saying that the land is quite empty...or is that FAKE NEWS!? LOL

MisterPenguin

Premium Member
Like I said, eventually this hotel with be transformed into a value resort...it may take years but I don't see them keeping this SPECIFIC THEMED to just a single land. And are all those reports true that are saying that SW:GE in both parks, have been a FAIL!? Disney thought it would attract guests galore, but the reports are saying that the land is quite empty...or is that FAKE NEWS!? LOL

They're not "empty" now. They have the usual crowds that any 'land' in any park has. I was there this first week of October and it was plenty busy.

ImperfectPixie

It actually is fake news. While the lands haven't been the draw Disney had expected, they aren't a failure, and they aren't empty. Attendance across the boards both at Disneyland and WDW is even or slightly down from last year (or was at the end of September).

The only aspect in which Galaxy's Edge can be factually be called a "failure" is that it didn't raise gate admissions.

Ravenclaw78

value resort

danlb_2000

Premium Member

They won't request any more to stay at another resort then they would if you had just stayed at that resort in the first place. This will sort of be like a Disney Cruise + parks package, where the hotel is the cruise. It the hotel doesn't sell well, I would not be surprised if they offered discounts on a package like this. Like some other things at WDW, this is a premium experience, not every guest can afford Victoria and Albert's, or a Presidential suite.

mergatroid

I imagine that if you want to stay at another resort for 4 extra days, then you'll just pay to do so? I'm not sure why Disney will handle these guests differently, I can't see how staying at this resort is suddenly going to give guests the right to get discounted stays at another resort.

matt9112

It actually is fake news. While the lands haven't been the draw Disney had expected, they aren't a failure, and they aren't empty. Attendance across the boards both at Disneyland and WDW is even or slightly down from last year (or was at the end of September).

The only aspect in which Galaxy's Edge can be factually be called a "failure" is that it didn't raise gate admissions.

Isnt raising additional admission literally the single quantitative objective of a new land or attraction. The name attraction literally forwarns of its entire purpose. To attract people. So if the new attractions (land and ride) have not attracted people in a quantifiable way? Failure.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Isnt raising additional admission literally the single quantitative objective of a new land or attraction. The name attraction literally forwarns of its entire purpose. To attract people. So if the new attractions (land and ride) have not attracted people in a quantifiable way? Failure.

…. and increase in per guest spending.

Incomudro

I would articulate that GE has increased guest spending sure. A shop itself selling sabers and droids (half down middle) with immersive theming could have done the trick no? Was billions worth the success of a store for man babys?

The stores aren't for kids too?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom