News Star Wars Galactic Starcruiser coming to Walt Disney World 2021

doctornick

..because it is set in the same time frame as Batuu - between EP8/9

Yeah, I know that's the plan. I'm just saying there's no reason it couldn't at this stage be modified to change to a different setting. The changes would be almost entirely cosmetic and easy to do. And it is still being built.

The only issue would be an inconsistency with Batuu's setting, but... is that really a big deal? People don't seem bothered that the Hogwarts Express takes you between lands that are set at different times.

Roy G. Dis

Disney is (still) gambling that they can turn the ST into its own thing. An 8 year old in 1977 (Star Wars original release date) just turned 50 last year. The OT movies will always exist but Disney probably thinks it's better to build its own thing, purple hair and all, than to hope that people are still going to be caring about Tattoine in 2037.

Personally I'm interested to see what they come up with. For as great as the OT movies were I gotta say there wasn't a ton of worldbuilding in those movies that I'd like to see IRL. Tattoine (a desert).. Forest Moon of Endor (a forest).. Hoth (an ice planet).. Bespin (a factory).. is that it?

ToTBellHop

Yeah, I know that's the plan. I'm just saying there's no reason it couldn't at this stage be modified to change to a different setting. The changes would be almost entirely cosmetic and easy to do. And it is still being built.

The only issue would be an inconsistency with Batuu's setting, but... is that really a big deal? People don't seem bothered that the Hogwarts Express takes you between lands that are set at different times.
Sometimes Disney is TOO obsessed with realism. We know the places in the films are imaginary and that this is just a theme park. The OCD-level fixation on ensuring that everything is realistic can sometimes feel condescending.

Make the hotel a freakin' imperial star cruiser to placate the uber fans who they are expecting to spend thousands to stay here. The casual Star Wars fan is unlikely to consider staying at this hotel, regardless, and there are only so many crazy-rich buffoons who will stay here merely because it's "luxe". I assume they want high occupancy in 2 years but also in 12 years.

ToTBellHop

After how this year has gone for them I'd say they'd be overjoyed for high occupancy lasting more than 12 hours after this thing opens.
They should cancel it and convert it to a value resort. It already looks like one. Erect a 40-ft BB-8, build a pool shaped like Kylo’s light saber, and call it a day. Open the thing by next Spring Break.

Bam!

flynnibus

Premium Member
I'm just still really intrigued by what that service building will be for. It's huge! Seems short if it were to be for the shuttles...

Costuming... kitchens... more?

KikoKea

Just curious if they will have porches on those rooms. If so, they'll have to put some otherworldly landscaping in to keep up the pretense.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
I'm just still really intrigued by what that service building will be for. It's huge! Seems short if it were to be for the shuttles...

Costuming... kitchens... more?

I imagine this hotel will have larger then usual number of CMs, some of which will probably have special costuming or even makeup requirements, so I assume part of the building will be used for that.

Chris767

So I have an idea of the whole Star Wars only hotel doesn’t get as much guests as they want, how about keep the idea of a space cruiser, but its like a space cruiser that takes you to all different planets and areas of different franchises. So keep the cruise ship idea, but expand the areas it takes you to get more interest. Like one day the port excursion is Batuu. The next day is Pandora. Then a day takes you to the Xandarian outpost at Epcot. Then one drops you off next to space mountain. Disney now has different sci-fi franchises in every park, so have this hotel do itineraries to all of them. Onboard the ship can be interactions with characters from all these franchises. Star Wars, Pandora, guardians, maybe even treasure planet charachters🤷‍♂️ and buzz light year, just make it the place to experience all Disney sci-fi IP with individual bus entrances at all 4 sci-fi areas in each park, much more appeal

The_Jobu

So I have an idea of the whole Star Wars only hotel doesn’t get as much guests as they want, how about keep the idea of a space cruiser, but its like a space cruiser that takes you to all different planets and areas of different franchises. So keep the cruise ship idea, but expand the areas it takes you to get more interest. Like one day the port excursion is Batuu. The next day is Pandora. Then a day takes you to the Xandarian outpost at Epcot. Then one drops you off next to space mountain. Disney now has different sci-fi franchises in every park, so have this hotel do itineraries to all of them. Onboard the ship can be interactions with characters from all these franchises. Star Wars, Pandora, guardians, maybe even treasure planet charachters🤷‍♂️ and buzz light year, just make it the place to experience all Disney sci-fi IP with individual bus entrances at all 4 sci-fi areas in each park, much more appeal

It sounds cool to me but I'm guessing they want to keep it SW to hook the big fish with deep pockets.

ImperfectPixie

Disney is (still) gambling that they can turn the ST into its own thing. An 8 year old in 1977 (Star Wars original release date) just turned 50 last year. The OT movies will always exist but Disney probably thinks it's better to build its own thing, purple hair and all, than to hope that people are still going to be caring about Tattoine in 2037.

Personally I'm interested to see what they come up with. For as great as the OT movies were I gotta say there wasn't a ton of worldbuilding in those movies that I'd like to see IRL. Tattoine (a desert).. Forest Moon of Endor (a forest).. Hoth (an ice planet).. Bespin (a factory).. is that it?
I'd love to see either the Ewok village or the Wookie planet (sorry, don't know the name)...I think it would be a blast to walk all the elevated walkways, etc. (I know...I'm in the minority, but still...)

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I'd love to see either the Ewok village or the Wookie planet (sorry, don't know the name)

There are tears on Kashyyyk tonight.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
I've never seen a space ship with a porch... :bored:

The porte-cochère is a planet-bound space port. You enter the port and you are then transported via a simulation room to the cruise liner in space.

Similarly, when you go to SWL, you enter a bus themed to be a space transport in an enclosed dock. It takes you planetside to BSO.

Yeah, but being cooped up inside a hotel might get old, even if it is SW. Guess they'll be out at the parks some, though.

There are non-stop activities. You are as cooped up in this hotel as your are cooped up on a cruise ship.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom