Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I don't think City of Orlando fire dept just " volunteers their services " to help another area outside of their responsibilities because of the goodness of their heart without sending them a bill.
These are called mutual aid agreements. It is usually done at a county level to organize and relocate resources during emergencies. It’s really the glue that allows large scale mobilizations of first responders.

phillip9698

I love Disney. We all do. Nobody wants to see these things but I just wish disney would have invested in some type of peoplemover trams at most places ground level like we see at airports and larger cities instead of taking the cheaper way out which also doesn’t look as good (my opinion)

They need to consider situations like this more. Front end cost vs bad PR costs now

And what's the solution when the people movers crash/derail and injure/kill people as have happened with those airport and city systems. There is no 100% safe transport solution.

natatomic

Just out of curiosity but with so many people posting here, not one person was actually on the skyliner when it happened?
I'm not wildly sympathetic to the complaint about still having to have a bag check, but some snacks and at least a bus waiting backstage to take people to the Epcot parking lot would have been appropriate. Maybe it wouldn't be feasible to have Minnie vans available for everyone, but I'd think a bus to the parking lot and busses transporting everyone onward from there would be doable and good service.

A coworker was on it and this is what she posted in our FB group.
She said they got taxi comps. 🤷🏻‍♀️

Attachments

• 1DFB0649-7038-4DDE-B240-A450D1647432.jpeg
    1DFB0649-7038-4DDE-B240-A450D1647432.jpeg
    81.2 KB · Views: 401

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
I agree with others that they will get more compensation. I think the gift cards and passes was just to get them through the night. But truth be told, this was a traumatic experience. Different than being stuck on the monorail or a boat. I think the only thing close would be getting stuck on a coaster.
The free stuff is more PR action to quell upset guests than lawsuit prevention. Unless you can prove legit damages a lawsuit goes no where. Being stranded for 3 hours does not entitle you to anything. Now if there was a physical injury or loss that resulted from the experience that would be another story. But according to media there were no injuries.

disney4life2008

The free stuff is more PR action to quell upset guests than lawsuit prevention. Unless you can prove legit damages a lawsuit goes no where. Being stranded for 3 hours does not entitle you to anything. Now if there was a physical injury or loss that resulted from the experience that would be another story. But according to media there were no injuries.

Don't exclude the people that walk around with these pathetic animals (not the real support animals) but emotional support.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Don't exclude the people that walk around with these pathetic animals (not the real support animals) but emotional support.

If an owner of an emotional support animal is stuck on a gondola in the Florida sun, is a good samaritan exempt from civil liability under 768.139 if they break the glass to save the animal?

Movielover

Is it possible to get stuck on rocking coaster when it's upside down?

Really only in cases where such an inversion is near a device that could catch the train such as a station or lift hill. You are more likely to get stuck upside down on a flat ride that flips you upside down than a coaster since in most cases a coaster is using gravity and motion to travel through an inversion. In most cases for coasters the valley areas (where a train would naturally come to a stop if not able to make it over a hill) and the block brake segments (which are used to keep trains separated and from hitting each other) will be known and have adequate evacuation methods like catwalks. Evacuation from a stalled coaster is thus a relatively simple procedure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom