Disney Skyliner shutdown and evacuation - October 6 2019

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Does this change anyone's thoughts about riding on future visits? I know rides break down all the time...but this is kind of scary.
Nope...I have no qualms about riding it. But I also don’t see a fantastic convenience to it in the first place. No desire to stay/go to Pop, AoA, Caribbean or the Barbados Villas...

So if my pattern is Boardwalk, Beach Club, Epcot and MGM...what am I really gaining?

flynnibus

Premium Member
Does this change anyone's thoughts about riding on future visits? I know rides break down all the time...but this is kind of scary.

rollercoasters go through much worse... in fact guests are being evac'd off RipRocket right now at Universal too. The good news is this looks to be a small bump situation... the problem is.. it really shouldn't happen. So we'll see what they do about it.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
rollercoasters go through much worse... in fact guests are being evac'd off RipRocket right now at Universal too. The good news is this looks to be a small bump situation... the problem is.. it really shouldn't happen. So we'll see what they do about it.
Little different, isn’t it? Roller coasters lock down before collisions...and there is no variation in the circuit 9999 out of 10000

But I agree that this is probably a faulty fail safe or operator error and they’ll smooth it out.

Rider

Little different, isn’t it? Roller coasters lock down before collisions...and there is no variation in the circuit 9999 out of 10000

But I agree that this is probably a faulty fail safe or operator error and they’ll smooth it out.
Rip Ride Rocket has bumped trains multiple times in the past. There are plenty of other examples too. Look up "The Smiler" coaster.

Bob Harlem

Local news has picked up the story:

Good news: ”no reported injuries”

One of the local TV reporters was stuck along with the others, this one actually has her doing a report video from her phone.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Rip Ride Rocket has bumped trains multiple times in the past. There are plenty of other examples too. Look up "The Smiler" coaster.
Not saying it doesn’t happen...but it is a rollercoaster...so the expectations might be different.

And if they do bump...it’s a “pee poorly” designed ride, is it not??

As an aside...at least sense of humor isn’t lost😂

Attachments

• 5546B7D1-64AF-459E-BC69-B11BD6F488D7.png
    5546B7D1-64AF-459E-BC69-B11BD6F488D7.png
    85.3 KB · Views: 260

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom