Disney names new parks leadership roles

gerarar

Premium Member
Is there any pyro left in Fantasmic at WDW? It seems very small compared to Disneyland.
I mean there's still plenty of it. Although currently they're cutting back around 5-10% of it as per usual during this (sluggish) time of year.
The pyro used at WDW has more altitude compared to DL, which I really love.
These were from this past week:

Also not sure if it's due to technical difficulties or just temporary budget cuts, but Mickey doesn't even go on top the Tom Sawyer cabin anymore at DL F!, at least for the last 3-ish weeks. With this, more then half of the pyro launches aren't being used and pyro is reduced in half.
Pic also from this past week showing Mickey not in his usual spot:

In this sequence, only the one launch on the left and right are being used, as opposed to the 3 each on left and right.

Sorry if this was too informative versus what you were looking for lol, just really passionate about F! :)

Last edited:

dhslxop

Yeah I haven’t heard many bad things about George really. Josh is certainly more of a “face” to the position.
I hope this is true. If Josh's Instagram is any representation of him as a person - and I realize that it could just be PR - he seems to value relationships with the Guests and Cast. As a CM, I'd love for it to be "normal" for the president of the resort to wander around and interact with Guests and Cast.

aladdin2007

Someone help me out here, who was the former vp of mk, that became vp of hollywood studios before holmes was thrown into there? He was well liked for the most I believe but I can not remember his name...anyway I will never forget seeing him at the studios walking along hollywood boulevard and picking up trash in suit and tie while overseeing things. I knew it was him because I had seen pictures...is he still with the parks? But that type of thing sounds like Josh has the personality for which is exactly what they need, more people who actually care, so I hope there is a operation stardust east coast style to come.

Lilofan

Someone help me out here, who was the former vp of mk, that became vp of hollywood studios before holmes was thrown into there? He was well liked for the most I believe but I can not remember his name...anyway I will never forget seeing him at the studios walking along hollywood boulevard and picking up trash in suit and tie while overseeing things. I knew it was him because I had seen pictures...is he still with the parks? But that type of thing sounds like Josh has the personality for, so I hope there is a operation stardust east coast style to come.
The legendary Dan Cockerell. I think he left to start his own business.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Like it or not...chapek is angling himself to take over...

That is the worst news ever for us...as he will price the hell out of everything to suck up to the board and the investment funds.

Terrible.

I’ll say it again: we NEED a recession

Lilofan

Like it or not...chapek is angling himself to take over...

That is the worst news ever for us...as he will price the hell out of everything to suck up to the board and the investment funds.

Terrible.

I’ll say it again: we NEED a recession
If you know when the sky is falling please advise so I can short the stock and make a killing. I won't be the only one.

Last edited:

Indy_UK

You know once 2021 comes round then will be a Huge management shakeup.

I’m hedging with:

CEO - Kevin Mayer
Head of Parks, experiences and Products - Josh D’Amaro
chairman of Walt Disney Studios - Peter Rice

I think Kevin Feige will move to oversee both Lucasfilm and Marvel while both divisions have their presidents too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom