Disney names new parks leadership roles

HauntedPirate

Park nostalgist
Premium Member
Josh is a people person. He was always seen in the parks at DL. I would hope that continues at wdw. The one that intrigues me is the new DL president she comes from a non parks role.

"Going forward, Disneyland Resort will be overseen by Rebecca Campbell, who most recently was president of Europe, Middle East and Africa for the company’s direct-to-consumer and international segment. She has more than 20 years of experience with the company."

Guessing she was hand-picked by Chapek for her merchandising background. Great...

And I'm not really buying that Powell wanted out. When someone in her position suddenly leaves, with all the bad publicity that SW:GE has gotten, and then both Bob's talk about how well SW:GE is doing and it's "exceeding every expectation we had"? Yeah, I'm calling B as in B, S as in S on that. It's not passing the smell test right now.

Cmdr_Crimson

Caleb Gallo What Does It Mean GIF - CalebGallo WhatDoesItMean Freckle GIFs

Animaniac93-98

And I'm not really buying that Powell wanted out. When someone in her position suddenly leaves, with all the bad publicity that SW:GE has gotten, and then both Bob's talk about how well SW:GE is doing and it's "exceeding every expectation we had"? Yeah, I'm calling B as in B, S as in S on that. It's not passing the smell test right now.

Agreed, just look at these two quotes from the article (bold emphasis mine):

"In an exclusive interview with CNBC, Bob Chapek, chairman of Disney parks, experiences and products, said the integration went so well that “what could have been a five-year mission turned out to be an 18-month mission.”

Chapek said Powell’s departure was a mutual decision, as the role had become extraneous. Powell is a 15-year veteran of Disney and is highly thought of within the company, he said."

So Bob says Powell, an experienced employee, was well liked within the company but just kicked out after 18 months of promotion?

Either the integration was frivolous in practice, simply not done, or Powell was forced out.

Bob should never have given a number for the integration mission.

drew81

"Powell’s sudden departure had many speculating that she was leaving the company after lackluster attendance at Disney’s new Star Wars-themed lands at Disneyland and Disney World. Chapek called the reports “erroneous.”

“I will tell you that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has exceeded every expectation we’ve had,” Chapek said. “There is no there there to this being anything but a runaway success.”

OK Bob, if you say so...

LOL Right?

doctornick

Alright Josh, as your first decree as King of Disney World, can you bring Disneyland's reservation rules to the east coast? I want dining reservations reduced to 60 days out and no advanced booking of Fastpasses. Legacy rules all the way.

Didn't Kalogridis come directly from DLR prior to his current WDW stint? I know you are being facetious, but they really do run the resorts very differently, even with having leadership frequently cross the country in terms of roles (so there would be plenty of opportunities to institute "best practices" at each resort but do they?)

Rteetz

Original Poster
Didn't Kalogridis come directly from DLR prior to his current WDW stint? I know you are being facetious, but they really do run the resorts very differently, even with having leadership frequently cross the country in terms of roles (so there would be plenty of opportunities to institute "best practices" at each resort but do they?)
Yes he did. George has been all over. He was VP of Epcot at one point I believe too.

Kman101

"Powell’s sudden departure had many speculating that she was leaving the company after lackluster attendance at Disney’s new Star Wars-themed lands at Disneyland and Disney World. Chapek called the reports “erroneous.”

“I will tell you that Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge has exceeded every expectation we’ve had,” Chapek said. “There is no there there to this being anything but a runaway success.”

OK Bob, if you say so...

To be fair, what else is he supposed to say? He's not going to say "yep, it's a failure and I got rid of my competition"

Kman101

Agreed, just look at these two quotes from the article (bold emphasis mine):

"In an exclusive interview with CNBC, Bob Chapek, chairman of Disney parks, experiences and products, said the integration went so well that “what could have been a five-year mission turned out to be an 18-month mission.”

Chapek said Powell’s departure was a mutual decision, as the role had become extraneous. Powell is a 15-year veteran of Disney and is highly thought of within the company, he said."

So Bob says Powell, an experienced employee, was well liked within the company but just kicked out after 18 months of promotion?

Either the integration was frivolous in practice, simply not done, or Powell was forced out.

Bob should never have given a number for the integration mission.

I think it's clear Powell was forced out, JMO.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom