Millennium Falcon: Smuggler's Run - Ride/Queue Details and Discussion

drod1985

I also think SR reflects a mistaken understanding of what SW fans want. I don’t think there is great fan desire to FLY the Falcon, which is explicitly clunky, oddly shaped, and unreliable. I think there is more desire to RIDE in the falcon (with Han or Lando flying) and to FLY an X-Wing.

Piloting the Falcon was a dream come true for this Star Wars fan, probably moreso than piloting an X-Wing would be.

CinematicFusion

I’m fascinated by this data. One would think piloting the Falcon would have been a draw in itself. I can only imagine what the tone in the Imagineering offices is like right about now.

I’d be curious to see further data that explores the rating in depth. Was it Hondo, the queue, the mission, the graphics, intensity, the coaxium? A sum of all the parts?

It will be fascinating to see @lentesta ’s data after (and if) the missions change, if the ride makes it into any top 5s.
Han Solo is a huge part of the Falcon experience in the minds of many.
Characters are what makes Disney great.

CinematicFusion

Having it be the Falcon means you actually get to explore the ship, which is definitely something Star Wars fans wanted. I would like to fly and X-Wing too. I just wish we were doing something cooler than stealing some crates.
That’s a good point. Pilot the Falcon on the 2nd Death Star run that would be Awesome!!!....oh wait... we are in Disney’s New Coke Star Wars. All main original characters are dead and we can’t go to the past. The Falcon will never escape the clutches of Darth Vader or out run imperial Star Destroyers.
For some of us... you aren’t allowed to relive childhood memories with your favorite characters and moments.
Oh well...

Last edited:

CinematicFusion

Is that really so hard to believe? How many people have posted how disappointed fans are that the new highly anticipated high dollar land is based on the new episodes and not the old ones people are so nostalgic about? Disney traffics in nostalgia, allowing people to reconnect with much beloved stories from their youth. Iger chose to theme the new land around the new stories produced under his leadership. Not enough time has passed to know if people are or will be nostalgic about the new movies. He took a huge risk investing in the newer stories and characters. Only time will tell if people will develop the same nostalgia for those movies.

If the new ride gets up and running consistently, and if it's as good as people say, people will flock there because of the new ride. Lands and attractions don't always have to be connected to movies from our youth (Pirates, HM, etc) but it sure helps.
It’s really really sad we as paying customers don’t see traditional stormtroopers, imperial officers, Darth Vader roaming the streets of the new park, etc. It hurts a lot. Huge Part of the Star Wars experience missing.

However, if the new ride works and is the number one ride in all the parks then things in Galaxy’s Edge should pick up steam.

Movielover

That’s a good point. Pilot the Falcon on the 2nd Death Star run that would be Awesome!!!....oh wait... we are in Disney’s New Coke Star Wars. All main original characters are dead and we can’t go to the past. The Falcon will never escape the clutches of Darth Vader or out run imperial Star Destroyers.
For some of us... you aren’t allowed to relive childhood memories with your favorite characters and moments.
Oh well...

mikejs78

Premium Member
Oh well...
So you're in favor of book report rides. Got it.

CinematicFusion

So you're in favor of book report rides. Got it.
It's a video game simulation ride. Heck, they can have 15 different simulations on the Falcon video game screen if Disney wanted.
You wouldn't have fun flying inside the death star? You could choose your ride....you wouldn't have to do your book report ride if you didn't want to. Everyone wins.

mikejs78

Premium Member
It's a video game simulation ride. Heck, they can have 15 different simulations on the Falcon video game screen if Disney wanted.
You wouldn't have fun flying inside the death star? You could choose your ride....you wouldn't have to do your book report ride if you didn't want to. Everyone wins.
It would ruin the thematic integrity of the land. Other missions, sure, and while I'd absolutely love to fly the Falcon in the Death Star, it would be out of place.

Maybe some other missions though with higher stakes.

Mickeyboof

It would ruin the thematic integrity of the land. Other missions, sure, and while I'd absolutely love to fly the Falcon in the Death Star, it would be out of place.

Maybe some other missions though with higher stakes.

Eh, the citizens of Batuu wearing name tags and the strollers are more out of place than a trip to the Death Star. Just to name two things.

It is Disneyland after all!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom