News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

britain

Hey hey - these views look pretty good!

note2001

How long until we hear of a pair of guests fighting over controlling the window vents: open vs closed?
I suspect this might be a point of major contention if someone has a protien spill going back to the resrt on a very cold NYE.

ImperfectPixie

How long until we hear of a pair of guests fighting over controlling the window vents: open vs closed?
I suspect this might be a point of major contention if someone has a protien spill going back to the resrt on a very cold NYE.
I give my boys about 5 seconds. Autism is super fun like that.

ETA: Don't worry...it's not like I just sit there and tolerate their crap, lol...it will last about as long as it takes to start because they'll be told if they can't behave, they go back to the resort with a babysitter and dad and I go back to the parks.

voodoo321

I see this system as being a total disaster. It's far too logistically complicated for the average guest to navigate and load/unload will be an operations nightmare.

There is an obvious solution to the transportation problem that would fit the physical environment perfectly but they are too stupid to think of it. Wait for it.......... Canals! Duh?

They can have a MK to Pop canal, another from Epcot to POP, another canal from MK to AoA, another from DHS to POP, one from MK to CR, another seperate one from Epcot to CR, one from CS to POP, CS to MK, and so on. It's so simple.

Each resort has it's own dedicated canal to all the parks and other resorts. All they have to do is dig channels down to the water table(2 ft.) and all those carbon spewing busses are eliminated.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
I see this system as being a total disaster. It's far too logistically complicated for the average guest to navigate and load/unload will be an operations nightmare.

There is an obvious solution to the transportation problem that would fit the physical environment perfectly but they are too stupid to think of it.

Systems like this are used all over the world at tourist destinations and for urban transport and they keeping building then lm so the must be working ok. There was even a report in this thread from someone who ran a lift at a ski resort in the off season for non skiers and he said there was little problem getting people loaded an unloaded.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom