Oga's Cantina at Disney's Hollywood Studios

danheaton

Just curious, why would you want to go to what is primarily a bar before 9:55AM?

Basically, I was just doing a one-night trip over two days. I was getting to DHS before 6 a.m. and only planned to stay for 3-4 hours before heading to the Magic Kingdom. The time ended up being fine since I stayed at DHS until 11, thankfully. I just got the Black Spire Brew (which is cold brew coffee and honey) and some oats, and both were okay. I wasn't a huge fan of Oga's, but part of that might be going there so early in the day.

Horizons '83

In the Parks
No
Basically, I was just doing a one-night trip over two days. I was getting to DHS before 6 a.m. and only planned to stay for 3-4 hours before heading to the Magic Kingdom. The time ended up being fine since I stayed at DHS until 11, thankfully. I just got the Black Spire Brew (which is cold brew coffee and honey) and some oats, and both were okay. I wasn't a huge fan of Oga's, but part of that might be going there so early in the day.
It was a blast around the 12:00PM hour, but that might have been because everyone seemly was ordering their 2 drink max. We were told we could only stay for an hour so they could let others come in. Everyone was chanting singing, it was much more fun than I thought it could be and I am guessing later at night it was even more spirited.

TimeTrip

I wonder how many people will reserve it thinking its got more than a single snack for food in the evening. I mean it has a fork and knife in the MDE app. That happened to us, I didn't realize it was pretty much just a super-well-themed bar with pretty much drinks only. I wanted to be surprised given the hype.Thankfully we hopped over to Docking Bay 7 which had really great food (as others noted).

Other things: We were informed that we had a max time to be inside of 45 minutes. Also, the Fuzzy Tauntaun will definitely leave your lips tingling for an unexpectedly long time after having had the foam. I think it tingled for a good 10 minutes after for me.

The Grand Inquisitor

Did this character called Harkos ever show up in the cantina?

Epcot_Imagineer

I believe this is the right place to be asking this sort of question (Not trying to bump an incorrect thread) -- I'm heading out to Disney spur of the moment for a day in January to check out SW:GE. How would one go about getting a reservation to Oga's? At this point is it best to just will the force to help me? It seems that there is no problem getting a reservation for Savi's or the Droid depot... only Oga's!

DryerLintFan

Premium Member
I believe this is the right place to be asking this sort of question (Not trying to bump an incorrect thread) -- I'm heading out to Disney spur of the moment for a day in January to check out SW:GE. How would one go about getting a reservation to Oga's? At this point is it best to just will the force to help me? It seems that there is no problem getting a reservation for Savi's or the Droid depot... only Oga's!

Without knowing what the opening of the second ride will do to the park.... if things remain as they have been, you stand a really good chance of having a pretty short wait as a walk-up

trainplane3

One can only hope! Their reservation page was really selling the doom and gloom story for walk-ups. Thank you!
On 10/2 I had a reservation for 2pm but my friends wanted to see if we could get in at 9am. Walked up and got right in. Later in the day there was a decent wait. You may have a chance if you want a early morning drink.

Keep checking the site though.

Rob562

One can only hope! Their reservation page was really selling the doom and gloom story for walk-ups. Thank you!

Also keep an eye on the park hours. If they decide to extend them, they're almost sure to extend the operation hours of Oga's, leading to new late-evening ADR openings. Might not happen at the same time the park hours are extended, so keep checking for a few days until they do.

-Rob

BoarderPhreak

Oga's is pretty cool. Richly detailed, fun vibe with the jammin' tunes. Not a huge fan of it's overly small size and cramming people into niches but it does lend the place a packed galactic club scene vibe, as I suppose it was intended.

The Fuzzy Tauntaun hype is legit. It's $16, but worth doing at least once - the numbing mouth and lips experience is wild.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom