The Muppets Present… Great Moments in American History'

FoozieBear

When this idea first came about, I thought it was a test. Then if/when proven to be a success, to be moved to DHS. I'm far from an insider, but perhaps this could be moving to grand ave????

They're working on something there, but that's still a long way off anyway. I don't think it means that this show has to end though just because they're going to do something there though.

No Name

I do hope the show doesn't end. It's an excellent example of how studio IPs can be used to uphold the theme of an area rather than take away from it.

When this idea first came about, I thought it was a test. Then if/when proven to be a success, to be moved to DHS. I'm far from an insider, but perhaps this could be moving to grand ave????

It wouldn't make sense there. The show is about early American history, which is why it's in a colonial-America-themed area, not in Downtown Los Angeles. It was designed for Liberty Square and wouldn't work as well anywhere else.

Last edited:

Cmdr_Crimson

It wouldn't make sense there. The show is about early American history, which is why it's in a colonial-America-themed area, not in Downtown Los Angeles. It was designed for Liberty Square and wouldn't work as well anywhere else.

What he mean't is what they could do on an upper balcony stage and can be about anything else...Only problem is the area they could put it in is Right around Mama Melroses and it's fairly tight around that said area...
wdw_melrose.jpg

I've also brought up a "What If' they were to move to Grand Ave building and few poster's have said it will not be happening...
grand-avenue-dhs.jpg

No Name

What he mean't is what they could do on an upper balcony stage and can be about anything else...Only problem is the area they could put it in is Right around Mama Melroses and it's fairly tight around that said area...
wdw_melrose.jpg

I've also brought up a "What If' they were to move to Grand Ave building and few poster's have said it will not be happening...
grand-avenue-dhs.jpg

Okay, it sounds like he meant moving the show-as is, but say he didn't. That would mean changing almost the entire show, everything from the name to the script to the set-up. I doubt Disney would go through that effort. It feels unneccesary.

What's the problem with keeping it in Liberty Square?

FoozieBear

If a show would make its way to Grand Avenue, it would be completely different than the one over at Liberty Square. Now that Great Moments is pretty successful, the show over DHS probably has a far more likely chance to take off.

Disney-Trains

Correct...I was saying Muppets presenting a live show within buildings was the test. The theme of that show can change.

I don't have any problem with the muppets staying in Liberty Square. It just seems obvious to me that the goal would be to one day group muppets together.

No Name

It just seems obvious to me that the goal would be to one day group muppets together.

Why is that a good idea? Are the Muppets a theme?

Disney is in the business of operating theme parks, not upscale amusement parks. Orlando is becoming the upscale amusement park capital of the world, and I'm not sure that's a sustainable business model for any competitor. Anyway, your turn.

Disney-Trains

Why is that a good idea? Are the Muppets a theme?

Disney is in the business of operating theme parks, not upscale amusement parks. Orlando is becoming the upscale amusement park capital of the world, and I'm not sure that's a sustainable business model for any competitor. Anyway, your turn.

I have no idea what your point is. Grouping consistent themes together is part of a theme park correct? Again I don't have any problems with muppets in Liberty square... I love them! I just could see it making sense to test that type of show 1. At a time when hall of presidents will be down for an extended time. And 2. While the area around muppets courtyard / grand avenue is under major construction.

It also could have nothing to do with that.

MrHappy

Gonna have to say, "called it."
Just for the thinking that it was "tested" at MK, and if deemed a success, to be moved to its rightful place....Muppets courtyard!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom