Pre-Trip Turn the Page

This trip is the beginning of a new chapter for my wife and I. Her mother recently passed away after battling cancer for 2 years. She was an amazing woman and we were all very close. Most people loathe their in laws, but i was blessed to have a wonderful relationship with my mother in law. Its been less than 2 weeks since she passed and we both are learning to cope with the idea of her mother not being a part of all the the things we did together as a family, and trips to WDW was a major part of that. This trip will be us turning the page to begin the next part of our life story.

We didnt always travel together, but we shared in the enjoyment together. My wife and her took as many trips as they could over the last two years and made many wonderful memories. Her mom and I would always send each other pictures (of whichever one of us was down there), having a beer at 11 am in Pandora or munching on some nudel gratin in Germany Pavilion and so many other traditions we had which overwhelms me emotionally when I begin to think that it wont be happening on this trip. Even typing that out is difficult while trying to hold back the tears.

This trip was scheduled to be their next vacation, but as her condition rapidly declined over the last few weeks, we knew it wouldnt happen. Her mother told us she wanted us to take this trip and celebrate her life instead of canceling it and mourning her. The thought of taking a trip to WDW without her being there or sharing in the fun when we send pictures and call her each day to talk about what we did seemed too difficult for us to handle this quickly, but her mom insisted we go and celebrate and continue our traditions. Each day gets a little easier and perhaps a visit to our second home is exactly the therapy we need right now. This PTR is the beginning of that therapy for me as well.

CandG.jpg

259175783_283708020_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

257847132_282102122_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

257691028_281851276_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

And here I am...on the TR forums again. There I am, up on the stage. Here I go, with her mom in my heart. There I go....turn the page.

We will be staying at BWV in a studio room, pool view, for 7 days. As you already know, it will be my wife and I on this trip.

20151017_205100.jpg

For anybody who has not read any of my past trip reports, be warned, there will be lots of booze pics! Our trips mostly center around eating and drinking with the occasional attraction thrown in. Considering that Food and Wine will be happening, there will definitely be some new things to try. We will be up to our usual antics of mocking my older sister by taking random pictures in front of places that in no way whatsoever show that we are at WDW, which my sister still does to this day. Here is an example from a previous trip.

20151016_170504.jpg

And Im sure I will have some business calls to tend to while we are riding attractions.

438877939_855955029_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

We have plenty of jokes and traditions that we share with my family as well so it will be great to continue that while celebrating my mother in laws life.

Chef Art Smiths Homecomin' was a favorite of hers and weve already made an ADR there for lunch. More updates to come as we get to planning. I would also like to thank the many wonderful forum members here (you know who you are) who have been so supportive over the last few years in regards to what we have gone through. This place has been my outlet to share some emotional struggles and all the kind words, thoughts and prayers from everybody has helped out more than you know. God Bless you all!!!

Thanks for following along!

krisri18

This trip is the beginning of a new chapter for my wife and I. Her mother recently passed away after battling cancer for 2 years. She was an amazing woman and we were all very close. Most people loathe their in laws, but i was blessed to have a wonderful relationship with my mother in law. Its been less than 2 weeks since she passed and we both are learning to cope with the idea of her mother not being a part of all the the things we did together as a family, and trips to WDW was a major part of that. This trip will be us turning the page to begin the next part of our life story.

We didnt always travel together, but we shared in the enjoyment together. My wife and her took as many trips as they could over the last two years and made many wonderful memories. Her mom and I would always send each other pictures (of whichever one of us was down there), having a beer at 11 am in Pandora or munching on some nudel gratin in Germany Pavilion and so many other traditions we had which overwhelms me emotionally when I begin to think that it wont be happening on this trip. Even typing that out is difficult while trying to hold back the tears.

This trip was scheduled to be their next vacation, but as her condition rapidly declined over the last few weeks, we knew it wouldnt happen. Her mother told us she wanted us to take this trip and celebrate her life instead of canceling it and mourning her. The thought of taking a trip to WDW without her being there or sharing in the fun when we send pictures and call her each day to talk about what we did seemed too difficult for us to handle this quickly, but her mom insisted we go and celebrate and continue our traditions. Each day gets a little easier and perhaps a visit to our second home is exactly the therapy we need right now. This PTR is the beginning of that therapy for me as well.

View attachment 408710

View attachment 408713

View attachment 408714

View attachment 408715

And here I am...on the TR forums again. There I am, up on the stage. Here I go, with her mom in my heart. There I go....turn the page.

We will be staying at BWV in a studio room, pool view, for 7 days. As you already know, it will be my wife and I on this trip.

View attachment 408718

For anybody who has not read any of my past trip reports, be warned, there will be lots of booze pics! Our trips mostly center around eating and drinking with the occasional attraction thrown in. Considering that Food and Wine will be happening, there will definitely be some new things to try. We will be up to our usual antics of mocking my older sister by taking random pictures in front of places that in no way whatsoever show that we are at WDW, which my sister still does to this day. Here is an example from a previous trip.

View attachment 408721

And Im sure I will have some business calls to tend to while we are riding attractions.

View attachment 408722

We have plenty of jokes and traditions that we share with my family as well so it will be great to continue that while celebrating my mother in laws life.

Chef Art Smiths Homecomin' was a favorite of hers and weve already made an ADR there for lunch. More updates to come as we get to planning. I would also like to thank the many wonderful forum members here (you know who you are) who have been so supportive over the last few years in regards to what we have gone through. This place has been my outlet to share some emotional struggles and all the kind words, thoughts and prayers from everybody has helped out more than you know. God Bless you all!!!

Thanks for following along!
So sorry to hear about C's mom, I hope the both of you are able to celebrate her memory and enjoy your time together.

Tiggertoo56

Sorry to hear about C's mom, but so glad that you are doing the trip to keep up the tradition. I love reading your reports and that antics you get up to. Hoping there will he more new white T's and phone calls on this one. Looking forward to the TR when it happens.

PacNWTigger

So sorry to hear about the passing of C's mom. My heart and thoughts go out to you guys as you turn the page and honor her wishes. I'm sure you will be up to your usual antics and loving hand gestures to one another before you know it. ;)

Megbutnotmegan

I’m so sorry. I am truly grateful that you share trip reports but this one in particular will be a gift. You are showing us all how to celebrate life well. I cannot imagine how difficult this trip will be at points but I hope it does help you begin to heal.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
So sorry to hear about C's mom, I hope the both of you are able to celebrate her memory and enjoy your time together.
Thank you!
I am very sorry for your loss. I love using the trip as a celebration of her life, what a meaningful way to honor her memory.
Thank you. We will definitely be celebrating!
So sorry for your and C's loss. She sounds like a wonderful woman, and a wonderful tribute to her.
She was absolutely a wonderful, kind and loving woman. Thank you for the kind words.
I don’t even have words to type that would convey how sorry I am to hear about C’s mom. My condolences to you both.
Thank you, ma'am.
So sorry to hear about your loss! What a wonderful way to celebrate her life by visiting a place you all love so much.
Thank you!
Sorry to hear about C's mom, but so glad that you are doing the trip to keep up the tradition. I love reading your reports and that antics you get up to. Hoping there will he more new white T's and phone calls on this one. Looking forward to the TR when it happens.
White T's will definitely be a wardrobe staple if its still hot out. And of course i'll be making some calls while we ride stuff!
Great title. You hit home. My dad's tribute song.

So many funny memories in your reports with C and Mom. My favorite........... A n a l Kingdom. :hilarious:
Her mom loved some Seger! She loved all classic rock, but Seger was her favorite. She would always have some music jamming when her and C would cook family dinners and would get us all dancing. Not sure if I'll ever listen to him again without tearing up a bit. And ya, that AK picture was a classic! She hasnt posed for that picture in years. She always tells me "no", before I even ask, when we first get to the park, lol.
So sorry for your loss. Looking forward to following along and seeing how you pay tribute to her memory.
We have some fun stuff planned. Stay tuned!
I am so very sorry to hear of the passing of C's Mom. I'm a long-time lurker who has always enjoyed reading your antics! Thank you sharing your adventures. I am looking forward to following along!
Thank you, ma'am, and keep on lurking! Anitcs will be a plenty on this trip! 😁
So sorry to hear about the passing of C's mom. My heart and thoughts go out to you guys as you turn the page and honor her wishes. I'm sure you will be up to your usual antics and loving hand gestures to one another before you know it. ;)
I probly get told that "Im #1" more than any other husband! haha

20151018_182243.jpg

I’m so very sorry for your loss. Although this trip may be difficult and emotional, I think it is a lovely tribute and a chance to celebrate her life. I’ve no doubt that she’ll be with you in spirit and enjoying the trip right along with you.
We are preparing for a lot of emotional ups and downs but looking forward to celebrating more than anything!
As sad as it is for C to lose her mother, I believe that her mother will be smiling down on the both of you during your trip. She'll be there in spirit.
She'll definitely be there in spirit! She loved dragonflies and had several decorative ones in the house. Since she passed, we have had several interesting occurrences with a dragonfly hovering right over us and flying circles around us at her house. We know she is sending us signs.
So sorry for your loss. I think that it is lovely for you and C to honor her in this trip. I hope you both will be able to find some joy and comfort.
We have a lot to honor! She loved beer as much as I do, especially trying new ones at WDW so there will be lots of beer...er, joy to have!
I’m so sorry. I am truly grateful that you share trip reports but this one in particular will be a gift. You are showing us all how to celebrate life well. I cannot imagine how difficult this trip will be at points but I hope it does help you begin to heal.
It will be difficult, but we are focusing on the positive as best we can! Thanks for following along.
I'm SO sorry for your families loss... I think it's harder when you know what's coming.

When will you be in the world?
It was definitely more difficult knowing it was coming, but at least it gave us the chance to be together and have many wonderful (and completely tear jerking) moments and talks about our memories. And we will be visiting at the beginning of October.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I forgot to mention when will be visiting. We are heading down for October 4-11. My family got me a cool trip countdown made of wooden blocks.

IMG_20190911_090527.jpg

And for once, I've actually got a few new clothing items purchased and ready to go. Running around the day before we leave and getting everything was a bit of a hassle last trip so I'm trying to be all prepped a few days on advance.

fizzieee

I'm so sorry for your loss. This trip may be incredibly difficult for you and C but it's such a wonderful opportunity to honor your mother-in-law. Thank you for sharing this with us and I hope you have a great time celebrating all of the memories the three of you shared.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom