Pre-Trip Turn the Page

This trip is the beginning of a new chapter for my wife and I. Her mother recently passed away after battling cancer for 2 years. She was an amazing woman and we were all very close. Most people loathe their in laws, but i was blessed to have a wonderful relationship with my mother in law. Its been less than 2 weeks since she passed and we both are learning to cope with the idea of her mother not being a part of all the the things we did together as a family, and trips to WDW was a major part of that. This trip will be us turning the page to begin the next part of our life story.

We didnt always travel together, but we shared in the enjoyment together. My wife and her took as many trips as they could over the last two years and made many wonderful memories. Her mom and I would always send each other pictures (of whichever one of us was down there), having a beer at 11 am in Pandora or munching on some nudel gratin in Germany Pavilion and so many other traditions we had which overwhelms me emotionally when I begin to think that it wont be happening on this trip. Even typing that out is difficult while trying to hold back the tears.

This trip was scheduled to be their next vacation, but as her condition rapidly declined over the last few weeks, we knew it wouldnt happen. Her mother told us she wanted us to take this trip and celebrate her life instead of canceling it and mourning her. The thought of taking a trip to WDW without her being there or sharing in the fun when we send pictures and call her each day to talk about what we did seemed too difficult for us to handle this quickly, but her mom insisted we go and celebrate and continue our traditions. Each day gets a little easier and perhaps a visit to our second home is exactly the therapy we need right now. This PTR is the beginning of that therapy for me as well.

CandG.jpg

259175783_283708020_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

257847132_282102122_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

257691028_281851276_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpg

And here I am...on the TR forums again. There I am, up on the stage. Here I go, with her mom in my heart. There I go....turn the page.

We will be staying at BWV in a studio room, pool view, for 7 days. As you already know, it will be my wife and I on this trip.

20151017_205100.jpg

For anybody who has not read any of my past trip reports, be warned, there will be lots of booze pics! Our trips mostly center around eating and drinking with the occasional attraction thrown in. Considering that Food and Wine will be happening, there will definitely be some new things to try. We will be up to our usual antics of mocking my older sister by taking random pictures in front of places that in no way whatsoever show that we are at WDW, which my sister still does to this day. Here is an example from a previous trip.

20151016_170504.jpg

And Im sure I will have some business calls to tend to while we are riding attractions.

438877939_855955029_dsnyRes-base_dsnyLoc-reg.jpeg

We have plenty of jokes and traditions that we share with my family as well so it will be great to continue that while celebrating my mother in laws life.

Chef Art Smiths Homecomin' was a favorite of hers and weve already made an ADR there for lunch. More updates to come as we get to planning. I would also like to thank the many wonderful forum members here (you know who you are) who have been so supportive over the last few years in regards to what we have gone through. This place has been my outlet to share some emotional struggles and all the kind words, thoughts and prayers from everybody has helped out more than you know. God Bless you all!!!

Thanks for following along!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Update:

C has family that lives near Vero Beach and she reached out to see if any of them wanted to drive up for a day while we're there. Her cousin has a 6 year old son whose birthday is during our trip and he has never been (the son). He called yesterday to tell us they were gonna come up for the day and he would get a room for the night. We asked where and he said off property. We cant have that! We told him they could crash in our room for the night so he could save some money and it would be great for his son to be able have a mid day break and rest and/or swim at the pool. Her aunt called later to say that she would drive up the next day and have lunch with all of us.

We are very excited and C is planning some birthday surprises for R (the birthday boy). Luckily he's a Star Wars fan so we will be in a perfect place to surprise him with some cool SW stuff.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
It's getting real!

IMG_20191001_093840.jpg

My mom got me that countdown set and I love it!

And in a shocking turn of events, I've actually got most of my clothes shopping finished already. I always get everything last minute, like literally the last few hours of the day before we leave. It actually feels quite good to have all my new stuff washed and ready to pack.

One of the reasons I decided to get started early is because C is at her mom's house and is gonna pick me up the morning we leave. Why would she not just come back to our house the night before, you ask? Well, the other day I did a thing....

IMG_20190928_084431.jpg

IMG_20190927_133951.jpg

*The Price is Right announcers voice* A new car!!! Queue the music!!!

We are super excited to get this bad boy on the road for a trip, but I'm having them add the big off road tires and wheels and it will be ready right before we leave. The dealership is right down the street from her mom's house so we're gonna pick it up and C leave it with C so she has the day and evening to get all her stuff packed and loaded without having to transport it all back to our house first.

Another bonus is that I had a client who dropped off their dog and had all their food stored in a new Igloo cooler that was their version of the "Yeti". When they picked the dog up after training I had commented on how nice it was. A week later a UPS truck pulled up to the house and delivered one! They had got it for me as a thank you for the training. It was an amazing and kind gesture. It's with C so she can load it up with all the dry food and snacks and we will stop once were closer to WDW and get fruits, veggies and some ice to keep everything cool if the room isn't ready.

More updates to come...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Nice!

When my dad has his F150, he customized it by adding LED lights in the grill. That bad boy looked tough at night!
I've been looking at those grilles. They're pretty sweet. And they ain't cheap, lol. Definitely gives it a great look at night.

Darstarr

In the Parks
No
❤️The new truck. I was never much of a truck girl but driving my son’s F150 back and forth from his school to home, well, I am a fan!

I am very excited for you both. Have fun!!!

Laura Loves Tigger

I am so sorry for your loss. I have read many of your trip reports and look forward to reading about this very important trip. I also want to commend your sensitivity and support of C spending time at her mother's home. Your understanding of her need to grieve in her way is wonderful. You are a good husband! Have a wonderful trip!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
I am so sorry for your loss. I have read many of your trip reports and look forward to reading about this very important trip. I also want to commend your sensitivity and support of C spending time at her mother's home. Your understanding of her need to grieve in her way is wonderful. You are a good husband! Have a wonderful trip!
Thank you very much for the kind words. This will be an emotional roller coaster of a trip but we are ready. C and I havent spent more than 24 hours together in several months and we are just excited to be together and to do so in WDW is even more special.
❤The new truck. I was never much of a truck girl but driving my son’s F150 back and forth from his school to home, well, I am a fan!

I am very excited for you both. Have fun!!!
Thanks! I have a GMC Yukon and I kept it so it can be my work truck to be able to transport dogs around for training and I really considered a new SUV but the more I looked at trucks, the more I wanted one. Plus, I recently installed a barrier panel in the rear of my Yukon so it keeps the dogs in the rear cargo hold and the truck wont have dog hair everywhere and we can still use it for daily driving if need be. Im hoping the F150 will be ready today with the new wheels and tires and Ill definitely post some pics.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Original Poster
Got my truck back today with new wheels and tires. She looks so pretty!!

IMG_20191002_161933.jpg

IMG_20191002_171104.jpg

She's now sitting 2 inches higher and has 35 inch tires. I was aiming for potholes on the drive home and could barely feel anything as I cruised over them. I only got to drive her a few miles before dropping her off with C and now I'm having major withdrawals, lol. But it was nice to hop back in my Yukon to drive home. The Yukon and I have been through a lot and she will always be my baby.

C was excited since she'll get to cruise around in the truck tomorrow running errands and get used to sitting up high on the road. She'll be picking me up bright and early on Friday morning to hit the road to O-Town!

And @Zipitidoda , you'll be glad to learn that I've found the most AMAZING white tee v necks EVER!! Banana Republic! Granted it was $27 per t shirt but the material is awesome and they are whiter than a fresh storm trooper uniform! Details to come soon...

MinnieM123

Premium Member

View attachment 415819

View attachment 415820

She's now sitting 2 inches higher and has 35 inch tires. I was aiming for potholes on the drive home and could barely feel anything as I cruised over them. I only got to drive her a few miles before dropping her off with C and now I'm having major withdrawals, lol. But it was nice to hop back in my Yukon to drive home. The Yukon and I have been through a lot and she will always be my baby.

C was excited since she'll get to cruise around in the truck tomorrow running errands and get used to sitting up high on the road. She'll be picking me up bright and early on Friday morning to hit the road to O-Town!

And @Zipitidoda , you'll be glad to learn that I've found the most AMAZING white tee v necks EVER!! Banana Republic! Granted it was $27 per t shirt but the material is awesome and they are whiter than a fresh storm trooper uniform! Details to come soon...

Snazzy new road toy!! :joyfull: Congratulations on your purchase. You and C will have fun zipping around in this rig, so enjoy! :happy: (P.S.: Please keep a safe distance behind from little cars like my 2007 Aveo, with the dinky engine. ;) I always panic when I see powerful vehicles bearing down behind me at faster speeds. LOL . . . :facepalm: :) )

Last edited:

Zipadeelady

Love the truck, wheels look sweet. But most importantly I'm glad to hear that you are still you, wearing your white Tees even though we all tease you about it. Keep it real Puddin. ;)

PacNWTigger

View attachment 415819

View attachment 415820

You're referring to the truck as a her/she...does she have a name yet?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom