Adventures By Disney

blreinsel

Original Poster
Has anybody ever done the Adventures By Disney Southern Cali/Disneyland itinerary? My husband and I are planning to do it next summer, so I'm interested in your experience and reviews. :)

TIA!

TP2000

I have not done it, but had friends who did. You need to be a Disney nerd, but if you can wear that badge proudly you will probably enjoy it.

What I have been told is that it is vastly superior to any sort of Guided Tour that WDW does via their Keys To The Kingdom or Backstage Magic tours, where the tour guides deal mostly in urban legends and go wildly off script and/or just make stuff up about what Walt did or said, or might have done or might have said. Lies and the liars who tell them.

The Adventures by Disney tours are handled much like the Disneyland Guided Tours and are highly professional and thoroughly fact checked. Unlike WDW, you won't have aged tour guides in plaid skirts making stuff up and creating fake news out of thin air just because they have poor supervision and even poorer training at WDW.

Seriously, hit Play and realize she's just making stuff up here. And people paid cash money for that, and she's wearing a plaid skirt and a nametag so they probably believe her.

Good luck with Adventures by Disney! It will at least be noticeably more professional and polished than WDW.

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

I’ve never done any of the Adventures by Disney trips, however I have experienced the majority of the things included in the Southern California package, with the exception of the Jim Henson tour.

Disneyland and California Adventure are givens. I enjoy both, but Disneyland is one of my favorite places on earth. If you’d like specific information and tips on the parks, I’d suggest checking out our info thread:

I have stayed at the Loews Hotel in Hollywood and enjoyed my experience. Manage your expectations for Hollywood. It is not like how it was during the Golden Age. You will find many tourists, people in costumes trying to get you to take pictures with them for a fee, people trying to sell you their music, people with signs, claiming we’re all going to hell if we don’t praise Jesus Christ and claim Him as our Lord and Savior, amongst other things.

With that being said, there are many redeeming qualities about Hollywood and Highland. The Hollywood and Highland Center is a very nice, open-air mall with lots of shops and some restaurants. You can get some nice shots of the Hollywood sign from specific vantage points from the mall. The Chinese Theatre is lovely and a gem, as is the El Capitan Theatre, which is owned by Disney. If you can, try and see a movie there. It’s a fun experience. The theater shows both new and old Disney movies. It also has a Disney store attached that happens to include a Ghirardelli’s. The Dolby Theatre is also really cool.

There’s an In-N-Out within walking distance. Try it out! ;)

The Walt Disney Studios is another one of my favorite places. I’ve been many times and it was always a treat and privilege when going as a kid. Take in the history and relish in the fact that you’re walking the same grounds that Walt Disney and his animators walked many years ago. It’s a special place that I hope you enjoy! It’s very quaint and cute. I’m not sure if you guys and gals will be eating in the cafeteria, but the food is good. Save some money in case they let you shop in the store on campus.

I really hope you and your husband enjoy yourselves.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

Never heard of it. sounds like it is a tour of some kind. is it something that is done by Dinsey itself or a third party company that meets you at the park and takes on yon a tour?

TP2000

Never heard of it. sounds like it is a tour of some kind. is it something that is done by Dinsey itself or a third party company that meets you at the park and takes on yon a tour?

It's a Disney thing.

It's not well known, and they don't advertise it or market it well at all. I'm surprised it's still around, really. It's also not cheap, but if you need a tour guide through life it can be worth it. https://www.adventuresbydisney.com/

Californian Elitist

I have not done it, but had friends who did. You need to be a Disney nerd, but if you can wear that badge proudly you will probably enjoy it.

What I have been told is that it is vastly superior to any sort of Guided Tour that WDW does via their Keys To The Kingdom or Backstage Magic tours, where the tour guides deal mostly in urban legends and go wildly off script and/or just make stuff up about what Walt did or said, or might have done or might have said.

The Adventures by Disney tours are handled much like the Disneyland Guided Tours and are highly professional and thoroughly fact checked. Unlike WDW, you won't have aged tour guides in plaid skirts making stuff up and creating fake news out of thin air just because they have poor supervision and even poorer training at WDW.

Seriously, she's just making stuff up. And people paid cash money for that, and she's wearing a plaid skirt and a nametag so they probably believe her.

Good luck with Adventures by Disney! It will at least be noticeably more professional and polished than WDW.

“Fake news” lol. She definitely made up the stuff about Magic Kingdom as it relates to Walt Disney at the beginning of the tour. Fake news indeed... Alternative facts.

WDW should just embrace their own, unique history and stop trying to force Walt Disney where he doesn’t belong.

TP2000

Is it better to do that tour or the walk in walt footsteps tour? also isnt there a tour where you get vip access to everything besides these two?

The Adventures By Disney itinerary for SoCal and Disneyland is 6 days and starts at $3,199 per person. The Walk In Walt's Footsteps Tour is $98 and covers a lot of the same ground at Disneyland, but is only like 3 hours long.

Your choice.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

The Adventures By Disney itinerary for SoCal and Disneyland is 6 days and starts at $3,199 per person. The Walk In Walt's Footsteps Tour is $98 and covers a lot of the same ground at Disneyland, but is only like 3 hours long.

Your choice.
the under $100 buck one it is then!

Californian Elitist

Is it better to do that tour or the walk in walt footsteps tour? also isnt there a tour where you get vip access to everything besides these two?

These two tours aren’t comparable at all. I can’t imagine any local Southern Californian, or any Angeleno to me more specific, to pay for the Adventures by Disney SoCal offering. The Walk in Walt’s Footsteps tour is very specific to Disneyland and I know a few of my local friends who have done it.

TP2000

“Fake news” lol. She definitely made up the stuff about Magic Kingdom as it relates to Walt Disney at the beginning of the tour. Fake news indeed.

Seriously, did you hear what she said about the Tiki Room??? o_O

She claims it was opened at Disneyland as a "dinner show", but that audiences were too scared to eat underneath what they thought were live birds, for fear of them pooping on their plates. So the "Walt Disney Company" (her words) that actually wouldn't exist until 1984, was forced to close the dinner show in 1963 and rework it into the Enchanted Tiki Room theater show that we know today.

All of that is a lie. All of it. It's vaguely grounded in some form of reality, in that in 1962 WED had considered a dinner show and approached Stouffer's as a sponsor, but that concept was quickly abandoned before 1962 was over. By early 1963 it was confirmed to be a theater show, no meal involved. And in June, 1963 it opened as a theater show without any food involved whatsoever. Even the pineapples on the enchanted fountain were fake.

She's just making stuff up, lying to her paying customers. And they giggle along and believe her because she's a WDW employee and she's got a plaid skirt and a nametag and why would she lie?

You know why she'd lie? Because she was poorly trained and she's badly managed by WDW, that's why.

But that's Walt Disney World in the 21st century for you. And people wonder why Californians laugh at them. 🙄

TP2000

WDW should just embrace their own, unique history and stop trying to force Walt Disney where he doesn’t belong.

EXACTLY! Preach it, my friend!

Walt Disney World could have its own rich and interesting story to tell. But that story all involves people who did their best work five years or more after Walt Disney died. Walt never saw Disney World, and what was opened in 1971 was nothing like what he envisioned before his death five years earlier in early December, 1966.

October, 1966. Oh look, it's a map of Disneyland circa 1965 with a bunch of stuff that doesn't actually exist around it.
Walt-Disney-in-Front-of-Florida-Project-Map-EPCOT-Film-1966.jpg

But instead they throw their real story away and fabricate a story that never happened, and that can all be blown out of the water with a 40 second Google search.

WDW should celebrate their differences and realize they were the generation long after Walt. Instead they pretend that Walt was somehow involved from beyond the grave in the planning and execution of WDW. He wasn't. And just to make themselves look like even bigger fools, they then lie and tell fake urban legends about what Walt did or said at Disneyland in 1962 that he might have done or said as a ghost at Disney World in 1971.

It's not just creepy and weird, it's factually incorrect and professionally incompetent. As if the Internet doesn't exist and anyone with 10 minutes of free time can't find out exactly how the Tiki Room was created and built by Walt Disney and his staff during 1961-1963?

Also, I just want that WDW Tour Guide to wear her hat. Where the heck is her hat?!? At Disneyland, they always wear their velvet riding hats, and they always stick to their script and don't make stuff up.

At Disneyland, they don't lie. And they wear hats.

img_5307.jpg

Last edited:

Californian Elitist

Seriously, did you hear what she said about the Tiki Room??? o_O

She claims it was opened at Disneyland as a "dinner show", but that audiences were too scared to eat underneath what they thought were live birds, for fear of them pooping on their plates. So the "Walt Disney Company" (her words) that actually wouldn't exist until 1984, was forced to close the dinner show in 1963 and rework it into the Enchanted Tiki Room theater show that we know today.

All of that is a lie. All of it. It's vaguely grounded in some form of reality, in that in 1962 WED had considered a dinner show and approached Stouffer's as a sponsor, but that concept was quickly abandoned before 1962 was over. By early 1963 it was confirmed to be a theater show, no meal involved. And in June, 1963 it opened as a theater show without any food involved whatsoever. Even the pineapples on the enchanted fountain were fake.

She's just making stuff up, lying to her paying customers. And they giggle along and believe her because she's a WDW employee and she's got a plaid skirt and a nametag and why would she lie?

You know why she'd lie? Because she was poorly trained and she's badly managed by WDW, that's why.

But that's Walt Disney World in the 21st century for you. And people wonder why Californians laugh at them. 🙄

Yes, I caught that! She made it seem like it initially opened as a restaurant, but eventually Disney decided to close it due to lack of interest in eating from the audience. Errrmmm... No. The show opened as a show and a show only. As you said, they considered including a restaurant, but they ultimately didn’t. Maybe she was thinking of the Tahitian Terrace? Either way, what she said is not a fact.

She also said Disneyland guests would leave by the afternoon to avoid traffic, despite the fact that Disneyland was, and still is, full of people in the evenings. Apparently this is the reason he acquired so much land in Central Florida, so that his guests wouldn’t see any freeways from any vantage points in his new theme park (Magic Kingdom). Say what?🤨🧐

We can blame WDW management, however I partially blame her as well. She should take it upon herself to do her own research before sharing real or fake information with guests. Your Californians comments reminds me of a comment someone made about Californians (they mentioned Californians living in areas like Brentwood, Westwood, Beverly Hills, and so on) and how we wouldn’t consider WDW to be an extravagant vacation and actually wouldn’t jump at the chance to spend days and days there, unlike people from other states, apparently. The post was a bit overly dramatic, but there was also some truth to it. I found it very amusing and a bit funny, but they ended up deleting it. They probably didn’t want to come off as an elitist lol.

TP2000

Yes, I caught that! She made it seem like it initially opened as a restaurant, but eventually Disney decided to close it due to lack of interest in eating from the audience. Errrmmm... No. The show opened as a show and a show only. As you said, they considered including a restaurant, but they ultimately didn’t. Maybe she was thinking of the Tahitian Terrace? Either way, what she said is not a fact.

She also said Disneyland guests would leave by the afternoon to avoid traffic, despite the fact that Disneyland was, and still is, full of people in the evenings. Apparently this is the reason he acquired so much land in Central Florida, so that his guests wouldn’t see any freeways from any vantage points in his new theme park (Magic Kingdom). Say what?🤨🧐

We can blame WDW management, however I partially blame her as well. She should take it upon herself to do her own research before sharing real or fake information with guests.

I took a "Backstage Magic" tour myself once at WDW, and it was such a horrific disaster of incompetence, unprofessionalism and outright lies that I just stumbled away in silence by the end of the tour. It was so sad, and yet so hilariously funny.

But regarding the YouTube video above, her entire tour spiel was full of inaccuracies at best, and fake urban legends and lies at worst. Like she was just making stuff up just to keep herself talking. And people pay money for this? And they believe her? And WDW management doesn't care what she's saying?

It's not just her, that poor dear with the lifeless hairdo. There's dozens of guided tours of various types on YouTube where the official WDW Cast Member just makes stuff up, goes wildly off script, talks out of their behind about Walt or Disneyland or anything really. And then smiles and gives a knowing nod, and the tourists just eat it all up and think that Walt Disney World is really awesome.

In reality, WDW is a disaster of fake news, urban legends, lowered expectations, and bad Cast Members going off script.

Californian Elitist

EXACTLY! Preach it, my friend!

Walt Disney World could have its own rich and interesting story to tell. But that story all involves people who did their best work five years or more after Walt Disney died. Walt never saw Disney World, and what was opened in 1971 was nothing like what he envisioned before his death five years earlier in 1966. So instead they throw their real story away and fabricate a story that never happened, and that can all be blown out of the water with a 40 second Google search.

WDW should celebrate their differences and realize they were the generation long after Walt. Instead they pretend that Walt was somehow involved from far beyond the grave in the planning and execution of WDW. He wasn't. And just to make themselves look like even bigger fools, they then lie and tell fake urban legends about what Walt did or said at Disneyland in 1962 that he might have done or said as a ghost at Disney World in 1971.

It's not just creepy and weird, it's factually incorrect and professionally incompetent. As if the Internet doesn't exist and anyone with 10 minutes of free time can't find out exactly how the Tiki Room was created and built by Walt Disney and his staff during 1961-1963?

Also, I just want that WDW Tour Guide to wear her hat. Where the heck is her hat?!? At Disneyland, they always wear their velvet riding hats, and they always stick to their script and don't make stuff up. At Disneyland, they don't lie.

img_5307.jpg

Your ghost comments have me dying.😂😂😂

It seems WDW would desperately like to have a similar history as Disneyland. I do believe that Disneyland does receive a special kind of respect and admiration that the other parks, DCA included, do not receive, due to it being the original. Not only is it the first, but it’s the only park Walt Disney had a personal hand in.

This is why the CMs at Disneyland don’t need to lie and make up things. We have the extra special history that the others do not possess. And everyone knows our park came first. It’s the blueprint for the others. No need to invent information to make it seem more special. It already is.

Regarding the uniform, the hat is one thing, but I do despise the color of the woman’s plaid skirt in the video. The white and blue on top of the white and blue vest/shirt just doesn’t work. The deeper tone of the blue in the vest we see in the DL uniform is also better. Disneyland’s uniform is much better overall.

Californian Elitist

I took a "Backstage Magic" tour myself once at WDW, and it was such a horrific disaster of incompetence, unprofessionalism and outright lies that I just stumbled away in silence by the end of the tour. It was so sad, and yet so hilariously funny.

But regarding the YouTube video above, her entire tour spiel was full of inaccuracies at best, and fake urban legends and lies at worst. Like she was just making stuff up just to keep herself talking. And people pay money for this? And they believe her? And WDW management doesn't care what she's saying?

It's not just her, that poor dear with the lifeless hairdo. There's dozens of guided tours of various types on YouTube where the official WDW Cast Member just makes stuff up, goes wildly off script, talks out of their behind about Walt or Disneyland or anything really. And then smiles and gives a knowing nod, and the tourists just eat it all up and think that Walt Disney World is really awesome.

In reality, WDW is a disaster of fake news, urban legends, lowered expectations, and bad Cast Members going off script.

You are an absolute petty savage. And I love it. 😂😂😂😂

Sharon&Susan

What I have been told is that it is vastly superior to any sort of Guided Tour that WDW does via their Keys To The Kingdom or Backstage Magic tours, where the tour guides deal mostly in urban legends and go wildly off script and/or just make stuff up about what Walt did or said, or might have done or might have said. Lies and the liars who tell them.

Seriously, hit Play and realize she's just making stuff up here. And people paid cash money for that, and she's wearing a plaid skirt and a nametag so they probably believe her.

The Tiki Room was well advertised as a state of the art "new form of entertainment" with an audio animatronic cast". I doubt anyone in 1963 would be willing to pay more for an attraction with a mundane name like the "Enchanted Tiki Room" over the Matterhorm Bobsleds or the Jungle Cruise without at least knowing why it cost more.
Tiki Room ad Cover - Jul 19, 2013, 11-47 AM - p3.jpg
a5b079f07cd01827515d31edcaddea32.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom