News Major Hurricane Dorian impacts to Walt Disney World 2019

Sped2424

More east pulling more of central Florida and some of the coast away from that cone. Please keep moving that way! Stay safe these next two days everyone and vigilant!

jpeden

In the Parks
No
It looks like it will soon drop to the max limits of a Cat 3 (still at 130 mph so barely a 4) but this is still just a massive storm that’s moving so slowly.

Kane88

Pardon me if this has already been asked but What happens to the campers at Fort Wilderness when they are evacuated due to hurricanes?

BoarderPhreak

Seen earlier... 😆

"This is the worst hurricane ever! We’ve been waiting for it to arrive for like a month now!

First, we were told its nothing to worry about, then they said pay attention as it could be something. Then we were told it’s coming, not coming, could be coming, probably coming, definitely coming, not coming, small chance it’s coming, it shifted, shifted back, shifted again, it’s totally coming, not coming....and then they said we just don’t know.

We were told to evacuate, don’t evacuate. Your gonna flood, might get some rain, might not get any rain, you might get nothing. We just don’t know.

It’s a tropical storm, cat 1, cat 2, cat 3, cat 4, cat 5 and now it’s a turbo cat 5 and the biggest storm ever.

You’re in the cone but don’t worry, you’re out of cone but still worry, we moved the cone, if your in the cone you could be out of the cone, if your out of the cone you could be in the cone. We just don’t know.

It’ll strike South Florida, Central Florida, Gulf Coast, North Coast, West Coast, South cCoast, North Florida, South Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina...it might eventually destroy icebergs in Greenland and kill 4-leaf clovers in Ireland. We just don’t know

You might just get a breeze or it might blow your house off it’s foundation. It might not, but could, maybe, probably, small chance, big chance, little chance. We just don’t know.

We’ll know more on Friday, definitely know more on Saturday, for sure on Sunday, by Monday we will totally know, maybe Tuesday but definitely have answers on Wednesday. We don’t know when we will know.

I’ve eaten enough hurricane snacks and gained so much weight that I might just end up strapping my house to myself to secure it and wait for Dorian.”

EdnaMode

Just passing this on for those looking for information about the MCO closure:

"Due to HURRICANE DORIAN EXC EMERG ACFT AND MIL OPS AND FERRY 4 HR PPR, the Orlando International Airport (MCO) was closed as of Sep 03 at 02:00 AM EDT. The date/time when the airport is expected to reopen is Sep 04 at 05:00 PM EDT."

Be safe, everyone!

DisneyDebRob

Seen earlier... 😆

"This is the worst hurricane ever! We’ve been waiting for it to arrive for like a month now!

First, we were told its nothing to worry about, then they said pay attention as it could be something. Then we were told it’s coming, not coming, could be coming, probably coming, definitely coming, not coming, small chance it’s coming, it shifted, shifted back, shifted again, it’s totally coming, not coming....and then they said we just don’t know.

We were told to evacuate, don’t evacuate. Your gonna flood, might get some rain, might not get any rain, you might get nothing. We just don’t know.

It’s a tropical storm, cat 1, cat 2, cat 3, cat 4, cat 5 and now it’s a turbo cat 5 and the biggest storm ever.

You’re in the cone but don’t worry, you’re out of cone but still worry, we moved the cone, if your in the cone you could be out of the cone, if your out of the cone you could be in the cone. We just don’t know.

It’ll strike South Florida, Central Florida, Gulf Coast, North Coast, West Coast, South cCoast, North Florida, South Georgia, South Carolina, North Carolina...it might eventually destroy icebergs in Greenland and kill 4-leaf clovers in Ireland. We just don’t know

You might just get a breeze or it might blow your house off it’s foundation. It might not, but could, maybe, probably, small chance, big chance, little chance. We just don’t know.

We’ll know more on Friday, definitely know more on Saturday, for sure on Sunday, by Monday we will totally know, maybe Tuesday but definitely have answers on Wednesday. We don’t know when we will know.

I’ve eaten enough hurricane snacks and gained so much weight that I might just end up strapping my house to myself to secure it and wait for Dorian.”
Mother Nature is one thing you really can’t predict and surely can’t control. It has been a roller coaster of different predictions and news about this thing but I get it. Way to many different things can happen or change with the slightest drop in temps, wind change or a few hundred other things. I’ve eaten to many snacks watching this thing over the last week also, just keep hoping for the best.

donsullivan

Premium Member

Walt Disney World will commonly open up one of their parking lots (commonly EPCOT) as a staging location for the prepositioned recovery equipment before a storm like this. Prior to Irma there were hundreds of power repair truck parked in the Epcot lot waiting for the storm to pass

edit: adding a photo of those truck at Epcot prior to Irma 2 years ago.

Last edited:

Patcheslee

Walt Disney World will commonly open up one of their parking lots (commonly EPCOT) as a staging location for the prepositioned recovery equipment before a storm like this. Prior to Irma there were hundreds of power repair truck parked in the Epcot lot waiting for the storm to pass
Be nice if they gave workers a pass and food voucher. Line workers do so much that take them away from their families at times. 🙁

seascape

The news today for the U.S. is much better than yesterday. It is down to a Category 3 and weakening. It should be a Category 2 by the 11AM update. That said it is still a strong storm but not the killer a 5 would have been. Those on the shore need to be concerned about flooding and some power outages but if everyone listens and follows EMS recommendations no one should be hurt.

My prayers still go out to the people of the Bahamas. They suffered tremendously from Dorian and need our help. Please make generous contributions to those in need.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
update from TBO

The tropics early Tuesday appear a shell game of convection.

A total of five areas, including the category 3 Hurricane Dorian, are being monitored across the Atlantic, with most headed in different directions.

The one in the Gulf is the one I'm keeping an eye on.

prberk

Andrew stalled, but not for days. This storm has been battering the Bahamas since late Saturday.
I know. That is terribly sad.

I know they likely will say that they can't do it, but wouldn't it be nice if one of those cruising cities from Disney or Royal Caribbean or the others takes a week off (reschedule someone's Bahamas cruise) and instead takes the ship down to the Bahamas when the storm is over and becomes a temporary shelter for at least a week while those who lost everything begin to pick up the pieces? They would be "giving back" to a community that normally provides them a great attraction for tourist stops.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom