New Seven Seas Lagoon Resort

nickys

Premium Member
More hotels do not drive attendance. Increasing resort capacity does not increase attendance.

There are 6 major attractions currently under construction. Several that have been opened in the last couple years and more on the way.

More, after the six major ones under construction? As in, more major rides?

Capsin4

More hotels do not drive attendance. Increasing resort capacity does not increase attendance.

There are 6 major attractions currently under construction. Several that have been opened in the last couple years and more on the way.
Is there a DVC component to the resort that will help with attendance as they lock people in? They love that DVC money.

Mr Disney

In the Parks
Yes
What!? No love for the Asian Resort and it’s rocking central building?
Asian%20Resort.jpg

Asian%20Resort%203.jpg
OMG this is beautiful. I love the central building! The entry plaza / monorail station lends itself to creating a bookend experience for the Guest!

monothingie

❤️Bob4Eva❤️
Premium Member
In the bridge thread there was an Orlando Sentinel article link which mentioned a rumor involving luxury suites/villas coming to the GF? Waterfront like at the Poly? Clickbait CoreLESS said the place was being gutted soon...lol

jmuboy

OMG this is beautiful. I love the central building! The entry plaza / monorail station lends itself to creating a bookend experience for the Guest!

I'd love a Thai / Asian themed resort in this style. But smaller......like 200-300 rooms max. But only is Disney could delver the luxury the original Asian resort was supposed to. Which I highly doubt they would or could these days.

Robbiem

I'd love a Thai / Asian themed resort in this style. But smaller......like 200-300 rooms max. But only is Disney could delver the luxury the original Asian resort was supposed to. Which I highly doubt they would or could these days.

If they did build a new resort something with a more exotic theme would be great

hauntology

I don't mean to start an argument with this at all, so I hope nobody takes this the wrong way but I wonder if Disney is discouraged from making resorts themed to non European/American cultures like the Polynesian with the type of political climate in the air about whether something like that is considered offensive. The proper term would be cultural appropriation.

That being said, me and my partner (cuban and cambodian respectively) would LOVE TO SEE A Thai/Southeast Asian resort. The Asian resort drawings look so beautiful.

hauntology

I think Disney doesn't really get cultural appropriation otherwise they would reconsider Pocahontas and the "Wigwams" in the lobby of
Reflections.

They're adding wigwams? I just saw the Pocahontas statue. Do you mean the modern hipster little chairs that are shaped like teardrops?

ToTBellHop

They don't look tear drop shapped to me, they look like a wigwam without the skin on lol.View attachment 404901View attachment 404902
I’m more offended at the story-destroying foosball table. Pocahontas did not play foosball!

Seriously, the foosball table is oddly literal for concept art. They don’t usually show chewing gum in the urinals in restroom concept art either, but maybe in 2020 they will?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom