New Seven Seas Lagoon Resort

SeaCastle

I’m sure I do somewhere.

Somewhere! Though I think it was only west.

Found it!

Thought there was a south/western canal to Stolport too but my memory could be failing me

Attachments

• Seven Seas west resort plan copy.jpg
    Seven Seas west resort plan copy.jpg
    201.7 KB · Views: 437

Sam Magic

Found it!

Thought there was a south/western canal to Stolport too but my memory could be failing me

Based off this map provided by Marni, I've created another just to give an additional idea of what an expansion would've looked like:

rle4lunch

Like the Grand Floridian harkens back to an earlier time, I'm sure "The Persian" would do the same to reflect historic Persian-inspired architecture and art.

Trust me when I say this, folks from Iran or some places in Iraq that have adopted western ideology much prefer to be called 'Persian' vice Iraqi out Irani..

Sam Magic

Um, there hasn't been a time in the middle east that hasn't seen war or turmoil.
This is extremely false.

While much of Europe was in turmoil following the collapse of the Roman Empire, the Middle-East thrived under successive Caliphates. I'm just gonna link a video that explains everything:

This perception that the Middle East has always been a center of violence and conflict is very false, very ill-informed, and neglects the more complex historical realities of the world we live in. Many of the current issues in the Middle East stem from carelessly drawn borders by European powers following the decline and eventual collapse of the Ottoman Empire following World War One.

the.dreamfinder

This is extremely false.

While much of Europe was in turmoil following the collapse of the Roman Empire, the Middle-East thrived under successive Caliphates. I'm just gonna link a video that explains everything:

This perception that the Middle East has always been a center of violence and conflict is very false, very ill-informed, and neglects the more complex historical realities of the world we live in. Many of the current issues in the Middle East stem from carelessly drawn borders by European powers following the decline and eventual collapse of the Ottoman Empire following World War One.

Colonialism played a considerable role in the turmoil seen in the region long after they left in the middle of the 20th century.

doctornick

I guess it is possible. After all the Persians as a race are spread across several countries, although they now have different names. It just seems it would be odd to specifically use the Persia name for a resort.

I wouldn't expect it to happen over other options, but I could definitely see Disney doing a Persian resort using historical motifs much like Caesar's Resort using an ancient Roman theme. I think someone like that could work. That said, they'd probably dust off the Venetian/Mediterranean ideal before the Persian one.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
I wouldn't expect it to happen over other options, but I could definitely see Disney doing a Persian resort using historical motifs much like Caesar's Resort using an ancient Roman theme. I think someone like that could work. That said, they'd probably dust off the Venetian/Mediterranean ideal before the Persian one.
I think the closest WDW will get to a Persian rug is the CEO's toupee.

uncle jimmy

Premium Member
So another hotel resort? That will attract more people to WDW, right?

Sorry, but all this focus on hotels over attractions in parks has me wondering what is going to drive us to WDW?

peter11435

So another hotel resort? That will attract more people to WDW, right?

Sorry, but all this focus on hotels over attractions in parks has me wondering what is going to drive us to WDW?
More hotels do not drive attendance. Increasing resort capacity does not increase attendance.

There are 6 major attractions currently under construction. Several that have been opened in the last couple years and more on the way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom