Expedition Everest effects status watch

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

And you're (probably trolling, but) failing to see how a 25 foot realistic, terrifying looking figure is still more impressive than a cheap looking toy that rocks back and forth slightly. Literally there are more impressive Halloween decorations sold at popup Spirit Halloween stores.
a non moving figure is not realistic no matter how tall it is

Tom Morrow

If it isn't impressive, then build your own 25 foot yeti. You can't. But you most definitely could build the Knott's one.

Note that we're not excusing Disney for not fixing it for over a decade, but only that the yeti in that Knott's one is not worth comparing.

THE 1HAPPY HAUNT

If it isn't impressive, then build your own 25 foot yeti. You can't. But you most definitely could build the Knott's one.

Note that we're not excusing Disney for not fixing it for over a decade, but only that the yeti in that Knott's one is not worth comparing.
You're right. There is noooo comparions because the Knott's one actually works making it better.

lazyboy97o

Whilst risking opening a can of worms here (and remember I am a new poster), am I correct in thinking that Disco Yeti still exists? If I am correct in that assumption, I can only assume that either it has remained static since when I used to post on Disney forums (way back when) or it's been repaired and since broken?

I suspect the former is correct?
Still broke. And any stories about foundations or the mountain having to be torn down are not true.

Master Yoda

Pro Star Wars geek.
Premium Member
Whilst risking opening a can of worms here (and remember I am a new poster), am I correct in thinking that Disco Yeti still exists? If I am correct in that assumption, I can only assume that either it has remained static since when I used to post on Disney forums (way back when) or it's been repaired and since broken?

I suspect the former is correct?
Disco yeti is still there. Several attempts have been made to repair him, but none have worked.

Improvements have been made to B mode (better lighting, fans, etc) but the yeti still remains static.

Dragonman

Is bird on a stick still there? I’ve heard it’s there sometimes and other times not.

jrogue

This is my favorite thread 😂 who knew a yeti could invoke so many feelings.

Like honestly at this point I don't even care if it's fixed, but I want to continue to watch everyone talk about it.

Disney Analyst

The fact of the matter is, them building this impressive high tech AA that you whiz by for seconds was idiotic. Why waste such money, when a lower tech solution would have worked just as well, and wouldn’t be broken forever? Ugh. Waste of money just to say they could build something crazy.

EagleScout610

Always causin' some kind of commotion downstream
Premium Member
The fact of the matter is, them building this impressive high tech AA that you whiz by for seconds was idiotic. Why waste such money, when a lower tech solution would have worked just as well, and wouldn’t be broken forever? Ugh. Waste of money just to say they could build something crazy.
I feel like we've had this conversation before ;)

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No
It has nothing to do with feelings and you did not state a fact. The fact is that the yeti in EE is far more advanced, imposing and exciting even with just strobes and fans. This is fact. It is you that has feelings towards the little toy at Knotts. If that is your thing fine. Go and enjoy it. You are currently in the wrong thread for that. Stop trolling.

The strobe lights, in my not so humble opinion, made the yeti look cheaper and not advance in any way :(

MurphyJoe

Disney's missing a golden opportunity here if there isn't a Disney+ exclusive show staring Disco Yeti rising to the top of the Nepal disco scene in the 70s. Then the yeti isn't broken, it's an IP tie-in!

No Name

Despite that, Expedition Everest was 3-4 times cheaper than the Tron coaster or the GotG coaster they’re building. And the showbuilding is not exposed from anywhere in the park, unlike the latter two, to say the very least. While I can see your point, they spent money relatively well otherwise, and EE is becoming one of the last examples of reasonable spending.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom