What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

mariedarling

I just feel like we'd have a blast at WDW no matter where we stayed. Only reason we haven't done AoA yet is because the one we'd go for is only 3, just getting to the point we feel she'd remember any of it.

I have a 1 year old daughter - We can certainly go visit any resort our heart desires (if she ever really wants to see a giant Play-doh) and not actually stay there.

DisneyGigi

Another vote for Grand Floridian. It looks like a funeral home to me. I actually have no desire to stay at any of the monorail resorts except the Poly. I also do not ever want to stay in a value again either. It was okay before we knew better but too loud and too small. I especially hated All Star Sports. Now, if it was all we could afford, then I would because on property and small is better than any off property to me. 😬

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Just wow. I've not stayed value in the 35+ years I've been going, but for no particular reason. We were actually considering checking out AoA for our youngest a while back. It's Disney World; how can a stay on Disney property suck to the extent represented here? 🤔

I like art of animation...alot

The problem is this:

A food court and a pool with a fiberglass stingray over it is just simply not worth the prices.

My thoughts exactly!

Our first stay at a WDW Resort was at the Beach Club (Land and Sea Package), and were upgraded to Concierge Level because of our anniversary. One would think that we were spoiled, but no!
We've stayed at Pop, All Stars, moderates, deluxe, and villas.

We are just too happy and grateful to be at WDW.

I think you kinda negate the point with the bluster about faux “concierge”upgrades, don’t you.

You drop a money reference and then say it isn’t about the money?

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
I like art of animation...alot

The problem is this:

A food court and a pool with a fiberglass stingray over it is just simply not worth the prices.

I think you kinda negate the point with the bluster about faux “concierge”upgrades, don’t you.

You drop a money reference and then say it isn’t about the money?
I think you missunderstood my post. 🤔
I didn't get the "faux upgrade" comment either?
I just meant that we've enjoyed all our stays at Disney resorts, values and all. Actually, my next stay, in a few days is at Pop and I'm pretty excited about it.

zeebs758

In the Parks
Yes
Old Keywest and Saratoga Springs ! We’ve Never had any desire to stay there.

That's exactly how I felt about Old Key West until we stayed there for the first time last year. It's a fantastic resort that is very underrated. I mostly love it because I felt like I was going home after I was done with the parks for the day. We are staying there again on our upcoming in November! If you ever go with a big group, I highly recommend the 2 bedroom villa.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I think you missunderstood my post. 🤔
I didn't get the "faux upgrade" comment either?
I just meant that we've enjoyed all our stays at Disney resorts, values and all. Actually, my next stay, in a few days is at Pop and I'm pretty excited about it.
“Faux” as in Disney doesn’t do concierge due to lack of service.

$200 a night for a snack bar doesn’t equal that.

My point is to single out your most “luxurious” stay dulls “they’re all great” a tad. Just for me

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
“Faux” as in Disney doesn’t do concierge due to lack of service.

$200 a night for a snack bar doesn’t equal that.

My point is to single out your most “luxurious” stay dulls “they’re all great” a tad. Just for me
Ah! ok, "Club Level", sorry I didn't remember the correct name, that was 16 years ago! 😄
And just for the record, we didn't pay for the upgrade, it was a gracious gesture from the CM who checked us in.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Ah! ok, "Club Level", sorry I didn't remember the correct name, that was 16 years ago! 😄
And just for the record, we didn't pay for the upgrade, it was a gracious gesture from the CM who checked us in.
I gotcha...I just think your reaffirmation is stronger if you plugged port orleans or pop...not beach club with snacks.

Graham9

From what I have seen, all the resorts at WDW have some appeal, although we have only stayed at a few of them over the years. I would never pay stay at Animal Kingdom Lodge, Floridian or Contemporary. Whilst I'm sure they have something to offer, they do not represent value for money.

Case in point - our last stay was at Animal Kingdom because we got bumped out of our original booking at Coronado Springs and was rebooked at AKL at no extra cost. AKL is an amazing hotel, but given the rooms are no different to Coronado's, I couldn't see why anyone would pay vast sums of money for a room that is basically the same, the only exception was a view of animals out the window, which really comes no where near the extra we would have had to have paid if we decided to stay there full price.

To be honest, had we decided to stay at AKL and paid the full rate, we would be extremely disappointed and upset about it from what we have seen and what you actually get for you money. For us, the extra on top of Coronado's would be 2/3 the price of coming back to WDW a second time.

Last edited:

rudora

Just curious if anyone else has a resort that they can't ever see themselves staying at, even if money and other annoying issues like that weren't a factor ;) . For me it's the Contemporary. It just looks so drab and plain compared to all of the others. If I want to stay at a hotel that looks like every other, I'll save myself a few hundred dollars a night and go off site.
Definitely the Grand Floridian because it feels like we are going to a really sweet grandmothers house that’s welcoming her guests with excessive floral prints and doilies everywhere. Not our style and the $$$ to stay there doesn’t get you any better benefit if accessing the MK over the CR. You can’t walk there from the GF (not yet anyways) and you’re the last stop on the monorail if you’ve finished your day at the MK. I always wondered why they didn’t reverse the monorail direction at the end of the day to get the guests staying at the GF off the train first as an extra bonus.

Old Key West and Saratoga Springs are others we wouldn’t consider - they don’t spark a lot of interest since they’re DVC only resorts and the location of Saratoga Springs on property next to Disney Springs is the pits to try and drive from due to all the traffic on site.

Seems like a lot of folks are against the Value resorts and I get it, we’ve stayed there plenty of times and have had some amazing stays as well as some pretty crappy ones too. But we’ve also had a bad stay in the deluxe hotels as well (Contemporary and Beach Club pre current refurbishment). So my belief is that YMMV when it comes to the total experience. We typically plan our trips around park access depending on the time of year and what we have planned (MNSSHP and being at the MK late? Gotta stay at the Contempo and be in our room within 15 mins of exiting the MK. Planning more time at F&W, then the Beach Club / Yacht Club / Boardwalk or Swan/Dolphin are the go to resorts).

FigmentFan82

:oops::oops::oops:

Just wow. I've not stayed value in the 35+ years I've been going, but for no particular reason. We were actually considering checking out AoA for our youngest a while back. It's Disney World; how can a stay on Disney property suck to the extent represented here? 🤔
It's not "suck" it's, "i'd simply rather stay elsewhere.

yaksplat

Any of the Values.

I've stayed at:
Fort Wilderness Cabins - Tons of room and no hallway noise :)
Port Orleans Riverside - Way too sprawling. I wasn't a fan of doing a .4 mile round trip for a beverage. Loved the pool.
Coronado Springs - We lucked out and had a decent location, but also way too large. Loved the pool.
Grand Floridian - Had a CM discount from a friend and stayed here twice. Became addicted to the monorail. Bit too stuffy for my tastes
The Dolphin - Never again. Fees to death and very uninspiring. Good location, but that's it. Definitely didn't feel like disney.
Polynesian Village - Loved it! Bought DVC here and really don't want to stay anywhere else for a while.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom