What resort do you think you'll never stay at?

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
I'm not a senior yet, but that tub looks a bit challenging. It doesn't have a handle or anything to help you get in/out safely and with ease. I mean, one could grab the rim, but it'll be wet and slippery, so...

I'd still make good use of that beauty though!

TARDIS

Grand Floridian. We stay at all levels and might eventually stay at all the resorts but that is the very bottom of the list if it happens. Just not out taste.

sem52

for me, as a single traveler now, any value is about all I can afford. especially since when I go, I like to stay 15-20 days (longest trip was 21). and I have stopped in and eaten/shopped/walked around/just took a break at every resort. as much as I would LOVE to stay at the Wilderness or Animal Kingdom Lodges or the Poly, I just couldn't afford their rates. so any resort above moderate is out of my reach

OneofThree

:oops::oops::oops:

Any of the Value... Call me snobby, but ugh
I don't think I could ever do a value again.
I’ll never stay at the values.
The value resorts - i would like to visit them one day but i would not stay there.
I will also never stay at the Value Resorts.
a value resort. I just like my comfort and my space.
I'll never stay at a value resort.
Any value or moderate
All of the values... location is horrible, bus lines give me anxiety, and far too many people.
I will not give values another shot. I rather stay offsite.
There is literally zero reason to star at art of animation (the only one I never have stayed at).
I'd never stay in:
- The Value resorts
I have no interest in staying in any of the value resorts
I would never stay at the values or moderates
Any of the value resorts.

Just wow. I've not stayed value in the 35+ years I've been going, but for no particular reason. We were actually considering checking out AoA for our youngest a while back. It's Disney World; how can a stay on Disney property suck to the extent represented here? 🤔

Weather_Lady

We were actually considering checking out AoA for our youngest a while back. It's Disney World; how can a stay on Disney property suck to the extent represented here? 🤔

I don't think anyone thinks the value resorts "suck": just that other resorts are a better fit for their particular family. For me, it comes down to a value proposition: for an extra $25-$100 per night, I can stay at a moderate (or even in a deluxe DVC studio on rented points), which offers appreciably larger rooms and bathrooms (typically with an extra sink, a more private changing area, etc.) and often an additional Murphy bed, all of which are valuable and much-appreciated amenities for my family now that my children are nearly teenagers. (Not that long ago, the values also had only full-size beds, which means taller/larger adults like my 6'+ husband were dissuaded from staying there, and no in-room coffee makers, so we'd have to bring our own - a big hassle since we travel carryon-only.) The values are also themed more toward those with small children.

My sister and her family stayed at AoA twice when their kids were toddlers, and they absolutely loved it. However, as their family got bigger, the value-sized rooms were no longer convenient for them, and the kids no longer appreciated the cartoonish theming, so they moved on to other resorts.

mariedarling

Just wow. I've not stayed value in the 35+ years I've been going, but for no particular reason. We were actually considering checking out AoA for our youngest a while back. It's Disney World; how can a stay on Disney property suck to the extent represented here? 🤔

I wouldn't say the values resort suck i don't think that is what we (collectively) mean when they simply wouldn't ever stay there. People have different opinions of hotels in general - some people may think "its just a place to sleep - nothing more, nothing less" I expect a touch more. I want to stay in the room and enjoy a view perhaps on a balcony or a nice pool bar. again this is just my opinion.

Plus there are some valid reasons - group trips / lots of people/ long bus lines.

Also, these days...you don't have to stay there to realize it's not the place for you. You have the ability to read reviews or get someone else's input to make your decision.

ryguy

I probably wouldn't race back to stay at Pop Century again. The room was just too small. I am 5'8" and could shut the room door laying in bed. No thanks.

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
how can a stay on Disney property suck to the extent represented here? 🤔
My thoughts exactly!

Our first stay at a WDW Resort was at the Beach Club (Land and Sea Package), and were upgraded to Concierge Level because of our anniversary. One would think that we were spoiled, but no!
We've stayed at Pop, All Stars, moderates, deluxe, and villas.

We are just too happy and grateful to be at WDW.

OneofThree

I don't think anyone thinks the value resorts "suck": just that other resorts are a better fit for their particular family. For me, it comes down to a value proposition: for an extra $25-$100 per night, I can stay at a moderate (or even in a deluxe DVC studio on rented points), which offers appreciably larger rooms and bathrooms (typically with an extra sink, a more private changing area, etc.) and often an additional Murphy bed, all of which are valuable and much-appreciated amenities for my family now that my children are nearly teenagers. (Not that long ago, the values also had only full-size beds, which means taller/larger adults like my 6'+ husband were dissuaded from staying there, and no in-room coffee makers, so we'd have to bring our own - a big hassle since we travel carryon-only.) The values are also themed more toward those with small children.

My sister and her family stayed at AoA twice when their kids were toddlers, and they absolutely loved it. However, as their family got bigger, the value-sized rooms were no longer convenient for them, and the kids no longer appreciated the cartoonish theming, so they moved on to other resorts.

I don't know. We've got 5 kids, 2 of them adults who vacation with us. So it would be 2 rooms (and thus, 2 bathrooms) for us anyway. The double bed thing doesn't bother me because we're generally so tired after walking all day that sleep is imminent. 😁

Also, these days...you don't have to stay there to realize its not the place for you. You have the ability to read reviews or get someone else input to make your decision.

I just feel like we'd have a blast at WDW no matter where we stayed. Only reason we haven't done AoA yet is because the one we'd go for is only 3, just getting to the point we feel she'd remember any of it.

mf1972

no desire to stay at BLT, GF, SSR, CS, OKW. just doesn’t do anything for us.
FQ is our go to lately with walks to POR. great theming.
i know people have issues with the values, but we don’t mind them. ASM is our favorite. wouldn’t hesitate to go back there again. to each their own.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom