New Seven Seas Lagoon Resort

Marc Davis Fan

May it be a beautifully designed hotel and not another Riviera or Gran Destino!

This was my first thought when hearing the rumor. The Seven Seas Lagoon area is one of the most beautiful, magical places at any Disney property. The Contemporary's DVC wing has already downgraded - but not destroyed - the area.

My fingers are crossed that WDW realizes how horrible a Riviera / Gran Destino -style building would be... not just for Seven Seas Lagoon area guests, but for all of the off-property visitors who are taking the monorail or ferry to WDW's most-visited location!

WDW, please don't ruin one of your greatest assets.

Tonto

Speculation begun.
Any real contenders Marni, or is it early days for this rumor. Also, if there is an expansion could we expect a more traditional Disney Hotel or something more in line with the style of the new hotels being built on Disney property.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
May it be a beautifully designed hotel and not another Riviera or Gran Destino!
You forgot “whispers”...or whatever awful idea of a woodsy Marriott they’re putting on river country
I'll be happy if it's not a tower.
Poly...matter of time...mark it down. Conversion at GF. I don’t trust rumors or feelers unless they make all the sense in the world
Any real contenders Marni, or is it early days for this rumor. Also, if there is an expansion could we expect a more traditional Disney Hotel or something more in line with the style of the new hotels being built on Disney property.
🤨

Animaniac93-98

This was my first thought when hearing the rumor. The Seven Seas Lagoon area is one of the most beautiful, magical places at any Disney property. The Contemporary's DVC wing has already downgraded - but not destroyed - the area.

I'm not crazy about the DVC additions to GF or Poly either. There used to be more of a separation of the three hotels and now they all just run into each other with out-of-scale additions that call attention to themselves and detract from the main buildings.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom