Star Wars Land announced for Disney's Hollywood Studios

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Now that I know about the RCID address database I was able to identify this address. I wonder if this is to change the barrier at the end of the GE tunnel.

7/15/2019 - Disney Hollywood Studio - Buena Vista Construction Company
Install and remove barricades - 555 Stage Lane #E

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Thanks to the RCID database I was finally able to match up the addresses, location numbers and descriptions. It's interesting that location 1005 is missing. This might have been the table service restaurant. If that's the case it was cut pretty early since none of the permits reference that number.

386 Cypress Drive Ronto Roasters/Kat Saka/Docking Bay 7 (1001)
394 Cypress Drive Savi's Workshop (1002)
390 Cypress Drive Smugglers Run (1003)
384 Cypress Drive Rise of the Resistance (1004)
396 Cypress Drive Oga's Cantina (1006)
380 Cypress Drive Droid Depot (1007)
450 Cypress Drive BOH Facility (1008)

mdcpr

We're not interested in any rides, just to walk around and see it. I'm wondering if it is worth it, just to take in the sights.

righttrack

Be interesting how it pans out with Galaxy's Edge. On twitter it really seems like the Disney fans love the land but the die hard Star Wars geeks which I think Disney were expecting to turn up in droves are the ones who don't seem to like it.

Like mentioned, some don't like the timeline for it and expected it to be based on the OT. Loads may be waiting for both rides to be open before going but I believe it's that it's just too expensive for them to visit.

Speaking as a resident die hard Star Wars geek, we hate everything!

jt04

PHOTOS - Aerial tour of a near-complete Star Wars Galaxy's Edge at Walt Disney World

Yes! They finally fixed those roof panels.

They must be tempted to put in a DAK like walking trail through the forest they created.

Looks better than the DL version. But both are amazing. DHS has a great future.

Creathir

There's this framework extension here that seems to be both recent and appropriately shuttle sized. It also connects with the road that will likely lead to the hotel. It's by the First Order shop:
View attachment 392159
More importantly, it differs from Disneyland's version:
View attachment 392160
Great find! I was looking at this as well as covered area on the other side of the black parking area.
The only reason I questioned this was due to the fact this appears to be a maintenance gate from backstage. Certainly does not preclude it from being the portal, but I would think there would be some sort of additional infrastructure. (waiting lounge, etc)

Great find!!

Can’t wait to see what they come up with!

gerarar

Premium Member
Judging from the latest aerials, the spot where the (cut, or maybe on hold??) restaurant was suppose to be is now paved over. I wonder if DHS will use this area as an extended queue area with a bunch of shipping containers like its counterpart in DL.
I hope not since it's slapdash and poorly put together imo, but oh well I guess.

ChrisFL

Premium Member
No need to wonder, here is a good 360 walk through video - take a stroll and listen. The audio on this recording is really sensitive which makes the sounds seem MUCH louder and more prominent than what I've experienced when actually there especially if you crank up your volume, but it gives you a sense of the "vibe". Note this was taken during the reservation period and I've yet to see the land this crowded since it's been wide open to day guests.

After watching that, it definitely needs music

drod1985

That's awesome. We're sooooo close. Probably getting ready for those CM previews next week.

Fun useless fact: That giant photo of the Falcon showed some interesting details, including warning labels that literally said "WARNING LABEL OF SOME KIND" 😂

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom