Rule about leaked photos?

Status
Not open for further replies.

JustAFan

If something has been obtained in an unethical fashion - such as a photo of a backstage area that the photographer has not been given permission to use - it will be deleted.

I'm wondering how this is enforced. How would a moderator know if a photo is obtained unethically? What is the definition of "obtained in an unethical fashion"? Why is this board concerned about that as opposed to sharing any information we can get our hands on?

Not stating an opinion, just asking curious questions.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
I'm wondering how this is enforced. How would a moderator know if a photo is obtained unethically? What is the definition of "obtained in an unethical fashion"? Why is this board concerned about that as opposed to sharing any information we can get our hands on?

We use best judgment. Is there something in particular you have a concern about?

The Mom

Premium Member

If someone says "leaked" or "I snuck backstage" etc I'm pretty sure the person was not given permission to post it. ;) As wdwmagic stated. we use our judgement.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
This board has a double standard with that kind of thing. Sometimes it slides, sometimes it doesn't.
A rather rude statement with no apparent basis in fact. I suspect the more likely scenario is that unless a photo is reported to the Mods as being someone else's property or being a backstage photo published without permission, the Mods would most likely be unaware there was an issue.

I have the utmost respect for @wdwmagic @Eeyore and @The Mom while I don't know or even care who you are.

JustAFan

We use best judgment. Is there something in particular you have a concern about?
Nothing in particular. I'm just wondering if someone obtained a picture of something backstage or behind the scenes or information that wasn't meant for the public, but would be of great interest, why that wouldn't want to be shared on a forum like this. We're not bound by the constraints of typical journalism. If, for example, I sneaked backstage at WDW and saw a new Yeti being worked on and had an image of it, this is the first place I would come with that image and information. I was just wondering why that wouldn't want to be shared. I'm sure the line is gray and best judgment has to be used.

The Mom

Premium Member
Nothing in particular. I'm just wondering if someone obtained a picture of something backstage or behind the scenes or information that wasn't meant for the public, but would be of great interest, why that wouldn't want to be shared on a forum like this. We're not bound by the constraints of typical journalism. If, for example, I sneaked backstage at WDW and saw a new Yeti being worked on and had an image of it, this is the first place I would come with that image and information. I was just wondering why that wouldn't want to be shared. I'm sure the line is gray and best judgment has to be used.

Your scenario talks about obtaining the photo by "sneaking" backstage, ie, trespassing. Or releasing a photo without permission. Which is unethical, and we do not want to encourage that behavior. If we know that the photos were obtained unethically, we will delete them. Of course, with thousands of posts a day some might fall through the cracks. And dozens of pages of posts may bury the photos, so later posters might not even notice the origin.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom