Florida Resident Disney Vloggers on YouTube

mikeymouse

MartinsVidsDotNet, WorldofWalt, ThemeParkOhana, RetroWDW, Widenyourworld, and thedailywoo (adamthewoo) are my favorites. DFB is good too. ResortTV1 is kinda annoying with the donations. Not necessarily all listed are vloggers but yt channels.

Last edited:

Erick0013

I've been watching resorttv1 ever since they pretty much started doing live streams but now it's getting unbearable to watch half an hour of it.
If you watch a live stream you constantly hear we have a super chat, we have a PayPal, share us out hit the like button.

They said they would do it for free and they are doing for fun but they constantly ask people to share, subscribe, like, thumbs up and try to reach as many views as possible also they ask people to watch on another device and people to create multiple accounts to subscribe and like the video. If I was doing YouTube videos for fun I wouldn't ask anybody to subscribe or like the video because I'm doing it for fun. I would prefer to get the success naturally than to beg plus it makes the videos better.
It's all about the money with them mostly Josh he comes off very desperate.

Another thing that's very annoying is constant repetitive words like hashtag this hashtag that.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

If you look at his early videos he wasn't a Disney person. What he quickly realized however was that his Disney videos had alot more views than his "Hot girl" or other attention grabbing videos. So that's kind of how he started to do more and more Disney videos.
My wife has been watching the tim tracker for the last couple weeks. She went back to the beginning of his channel and it was zero Disney, uni, theme parks... she asked why he started covering Disney. I said most likely views. So we went through his videos. Up to his first Disney vid I could find, he averaged 1k to 3k views. His first Disney vid, 37k.

The_Jobu

My wife has been watching the tim tracker for the last couple weeks. She went back to the beginning of his channel and it was zero Disney, uni, theme parks... she asked why he started covering Disney. I said most likely views. So we went through his videos. Up to his first Disney vid I could find, he averaged 1k to 3k views. His first Disney vid, 37k.

I enjoy his persona, and its nice to see his parks content, but he's getting comped so much now, I can't take his opinions seriously anymore.

Heppenheimer

She's not a Florida resident (Texas, I think), but my wife and I enjoy AJ Wolf's Disney Food Blog. Despite the name, she videos encompass far more than Disney food, but this is probably her most frequent topic. Her videos are very professionally produced, and although she might be a bit more rah-rah Disney than some might prefer (ie, she never complains about the yeti or demands the return of Horizons), we find her very informative and downright pleasent.

Last edited:

erasure fan1

I enjoy his persona, and its nice to see his parks content, but he's getting comped so much now, I can't take his opinions seriously anymore.
Yea, that is the big problem with a lot of vloggers. In one of the recent videos of a new restaurant, his wife bit into her food. He then asked what did you think? She said yea, it was good. But her face told a different story. So you could tell they were very gun shy about saying anything bad. Its not just Tim but I saw so many have the same reaction to blue milk. Yea its great! With a face that said meh.

SirWillow

Yea, that is the big problem with a lot of vloggers. In one of the recent videos of a new restaurant, his wife bit into her food. He then asked what did you think? She said yea, it was good. But her face told a different story. So you could tell they were very gun shy about saying anything bad. Its not just Tim but I saw so many have the same reaction to blue milk. Yea its great! With a face that said meh.

It's a hard line to walk. When a park or company invites you in on their dime, part of the deal is that you're there to help them look good. But at the same time you also don't want to jetison your integrity or honesty. Some have an easier time than others doing it. And the more you receive from the parks, the harder it is to be critical when appropriate

Phil12

It's a hard line to walk. When a park or company invites you in on their dime, part of the deal is that you're there to help them look good. But at the same time you also don't want to jetison your integrity or honesty. Some have an easier time than others doing it. And the more you receive from the parks, the harder it is to be critical when appropriate
There's a name for that. Shill. They are often found on carnival midways.
Image result for never trust a shill

starri42

She's not a Florida resident (Texas, I think), but my wife and I enjoy AJ Wolf's Disney Food Blog. Despite the name, she videos encompass far more than Disney food, but this is probably her most frequent topic. Her videos are very professionally produced, and although she might be a bit more rah-rah Disney than some might prefer (ie, she never complains about the yeti or demands the return of Horizons), we find her very informative and downright pleasent.
I don't find her rah-rah Disney. She often points out critical things, particularly among the restaurants (which is her wheelhouse, obviously). She will usually say it gently, and not with the Internet Snark to which we've all become accustomed, but she seems to really make sure people don't waste money.

Tom P.

Which is why I like the approach the folks at The DIS take. They will attend media events and other things where they get in for free. But they will never do a review based on those. They just document and report on those. And they disclose whenever they're getting something for free. When they do a review, be it a dining review or a hotel review or whatever, they are paying for it. And if you've ever watched their dining reviews, you know that they are not afraid to be negative or the criticize Disney.

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
Which is why I like the approach the folks at The DIS take. They will attend media events and other things where they get in for free. But they will never do a review based on those. They just document and report on those. And they disclose whenever they're getting something for free. When they do a review, be it a dining review or a hotel review or whatever, they are paying for it. And if you've ever watched their dining reviews, you know that they are not afraid to be negative or the criticize Disney.
They don't mind THEM being negative. But don't you dare express negativity if you're a mere poster... it might cut into their travel agent business.

SirWillow

This is what a lot of us do. If I'm there at an event (such as an opening) then I'm "reporting"- showing what's there, talking about the ride/ attraction/ etc does and doesn't do, what's offered, things that are good to be aware of, etc. And honestly that's what most of the vlogs out there are- is exploring, showing, and reporting.

Reviews (really evaluations) are a different thing. They are specifically to talk about not only the positive, but also to look for the negative. You aren't showing what is there as much as you are deliberately looking for good and bad to report on, and then give your opinion on it.

A lot of viewers don't understand the difference, and they get upset or call out people as "shills" because their purpose is to report, not review/ evaluate. We may be "reviewing" what is there, but it's not whether to review if it's good or bad, it's to show it off so others can see.

It's actually been amusing sometimes as I've been called a shill, sellout, etc because I rarely talk about negatives in my videos. It's not because I'm receiving anything from the parks (honestly I rarely do) but because I genuinely enjoy almost everything out there and I much prefer to have a positive outlook to my videos. There are many other vloggers who take a similar approach.

And it won't satisfy those that want, crave, desire, or insist on negativity, and think that anything that doesn't have it must be caving into the parks. You know what- that might be completely off base and not based in reality, but that's ok. I've no desire to stoop down to that "reality"- I'll let them keep it while I and other vloggers keep enjoying what we do.

Because that's the simple truth of it- you're not going to be vlogging, visiting, talking, etc so much about the parks if you don't enjoy it. And I don't need their negativity to interfere with my enjoyment. :)

Hula Baloo

Happiest Vlogs On Earth (Jen and Scott). They don't live in Florida, but they are there A LOT. They also post Disney vlogs almost daily.

Edit: They now post Disney vlogs on Mondays, Wednesdays and Fridays.

Last edited:

SirWillow

This seems like false equivalency. Wanting honesty is not the same thing as people "insisting or craving negativity." And if you act like you love almost everything in the parks, I can't help but question your honesty. Shill would be way too harsh, but it certainly feels disingenuous.

Yet that is the truth. There is very little that I don't like or enjoy about the parks (and not just Disney). I ride everything- large thrills, coasters, family rides, kiddie rides, I see all the shows and parades and I thoroughly enjoy every bit of it. To assume that I (or others) have to see the parks and what is in them the same way you do is, as you put it, a false equivalency.

Now if I were to tell you that every one in my family enjoys everything, that would be a lie. My wife in particular doesn't enjoy many of the shows. I have a great time at the Frozen sing a long, my family doesn't (and then the dad comes out and has even more fun at their expense). But I've always found ways to enjoy pretty much everything I've encountered at parks- with a few notable exceptions, but even those I can turn into a positive experience.

A lot of it isn't dishonesty, it's how we choose to perceive the world. I don't get how people can be so negative about parks, while others don't understand how some can be so positive. That's part of what makes us unique.

And if you have a hard time with people being genuinely positive and enjoying what ever is before them, then the great thing is you don't have to watch their videos. And they aren't going to be bothered a bit by that either. :) We're to busy having fun and enjoying what's around us and what we're doing.

deeevo

I came here just to post exactly what you stated and to rant about it. My family has been watching the Trackers for a few years now and we always enjoyed them. They were fairly honest in their opinions about the parks, food and experiences and being AP's ourselves we agreed most of the time and then sometimes disagreed but that was the fun about them being honest in the reviews. What I have noticed on Youtube about comments left on their channel is you better never leave negative comments or you will get dislikes like crazy. People really love them that much and any negative comments will get you labeled as a hater. I think people should like them... they seem like good people. But...... within the last 3 or 4 months and I can't put my finger on when it all went south but the comping has gotten out of control and their unbiased opinion is now very biased. It is so bad that I can't take them seriously anymore and you can tell they are addicted to it now. I am sure there is no turning back for them but it is sad that they gave in to the pressure of not being able to say no to all the gifts and continue to do what they were best at. Just be normal and do normal things that people can afford. People can't afford all that crap they do.

Last edited:

nelsonj3

I've been watching resorttv1 ever since they pretty much started doing live streams but now it's getting unbearable to watch half an hour of it.
If you watch a live stream you constantly hear we have a super chat, we have a PayPal, share us out hit the like button.

They said they would do it for free and they are doing for fun but they constantly ask people to share, subscribe, like, thumbs up and try to reach as many views as possible also they ask people to watch on another device and people to create multiple accounts to subscribe and like the video. If I was doing YouTube videos for fun I wouldn't ask anybody to subscribe or like the video because I'm doing it for fun. I would prefer to get the success naturally than to beg plus it makes the videos better.
It's all about the money with them mostly Josh he comes off very desperate.

Another thing that's very annoying is constant repetitive words like hashtag this hashtag that.

So after being a long time viewer it has become very unbearable and annoying trying to watch some desperate person try to get as much money as possible and I will not be watching anymore.
Yikes... that's harsh. Josh here. Yes, I read these forums, and none of that is true. We have never asked anyone to create multiple accounts to subscribe and like. In fact, that's against YouTube's terms and is just dishonest.

So, when someone sends us a superchat or paypal should we just ignore them so it doesn't annoy you? LOL

No one is begging on our streams. You honestly don't watch that much. We really enjoy doing this, or we wouldn't put in countless hours doing it. But I doubt you actually were ever subscribed or watched much because we haven't really changed. If you really watched us, you'd see that it's about the community and the common love we share for Disney. But, honestly if you don't like it, just don't watch. No need to come on here and say untrue and rude things.

Have a great day, and I hope whatever is really bothering you in your life gets better, because I know this can't all be about us.

Edit: Wow... I'm honored! This was your very first post here, and you made it about us. Wow! :)

Last edited:

Erick0013

Hi josh sorry to come across rude before. The first live stream I saw was 6-17-17 and watched every stream and almost every vlog until about 8 months ago, then I just started to watch here and there and sometimes I would watch complete live streams but have to mute them or turn them off for a few minutes because of my reasons I explained.
I watched when that guy told you to tone it down, when you argued with that woman and you explaining how a cast member was rude to you.
I'm not saying ignore people who give you superchat or pay pal but maybe make a separate video to thank people because when it's all you hear it does get sorry to say irritating and I'm not the only one who thinks so.
Yes you have asked people to make another account if people don't believe me their can watch for themselves. You said things like if you're watching on your phone and you have a tablet watch on their also you have asked people to make another account doesn't have to be anything special just call it John Smith something like that.
If people don't believe me it's on your live streams just go back about a year ago. So I'm not saying untrue things.
Also if people like your content you shouldn't have to ask them to subscribe because if they like it there will just do it. I saw someone's channel recently she had about 8000 subscribers and never asked anybody to subscribe and lately she has been doing more recent videos and now she has 18,649 subscribers without asking.
I am a very happy person I am a vegan and respect all life and making quite a good living for myself. I am just saying some critiques which have stopped me watching.

nelsonj3

Just thought I'd mention being a long time viewer I know you are a really nice person and I love your family.

I'm just saying some critiques which made me stop watching for now.
Fair enough, but the first post you made was a bit rude. However, I appreciate you being nicer in this post. I am always open to constructive criticism that is polite. And I agree that the hastags get excessive, but sometimes, we're just having a good time and get carried away. We're not perfect for sure.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom