Next Gen Busses

Surfin' Tuna

Retheming of contemporary confirmed

The scary part is that I can almost see them doing something like the Pluto there or removing the Mary Blair mural for all of the characters. It would make it feel "more Disney" after all

Andrew C

You know what's funny?
I can say that I am a lot more interested in how comfortable it will be to be a passenger on these new buses. How do they ride? And at a higher level, what are they going to do (or continue to do) to make the running of buses in general more efficient for guests? And if other modes and/or updates to transportation etc. are going to happen anytime soon to alleviate the stress put on buses (skyliner being a start).

flynnibus

Premium Member
Retheming of contemporary confirmed

The scary part is that I can almost see them doing something like the Pluto there or removing the Mary Blair mural for all of the characters. It would make it feel "more Disney" after all

Well... I didn't want to break all the news on a Friday... but just for you.. I'll let you see what the crack team at Disney has been working on for the mural..

mural2.jpg

The kids are gonna go nuts!

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
God forbid if Disney puts Disney Characters on a Disney Bus operated by Disney Transportation to transport Disney Guests around Disney property.
Posts like this have no value because it's aimed at an emotional viewpoint that nobody has expressed.

Please don't take any offense either, as I don't mean it that way. But nobody is acting like the sky is falling and Disney made the worst decision ever. It's simply been pointed out that they put in minimal effort.

Last edited:

Smiley/OCD

That might be true for some companies, but Disney has been successful in the past in pleasing virtually all of their fans, and to an incredible extent.

Just looking at wraps, there's much less complaining about the monorail wraps (but maybe that's because they're always temporary) and there seemed to be almost universal praise for the Skyliner wraps.

I don't mind these new buses so much. They're much nicer than my daily ride. And no USB charging on these buses...
View attachment 389342
You think they're bad...you should have seen the old (before NJT) Public Service buses...

Obobru

I can't see a post about the uniforms of the drivers. When they started to change the buses to the lovely silver/red design they also updated the uniforms which matches the previous Disney Transport designs. Now they are slapping Disney character faces on the sides will the uniforms be changed to a $5 Walmart t-shirt with a character on a plain coloured t-shirt? This would match better and it would be easy for drivers to just go buy their own cheap t-shirts to match whichever bus design they are driving that day.

trainplane3

I can say that I am a lot more interested in how comfortable it will be to be a passenger on these new buses. How do they ride? And at a higher level, what are they going to do (or continue to do) to make the running of buses in general more efficient for guests? And if other modes and/or updates to transportation etc. are going to happen anytime soon to alleviate the stress put on buses (skyliner being a start).
This is the same model of bus Pittsburgh is receiving but with a standard transit seating setup instead of a "stare at your neighbor from across the street" setup. They ride like a bus. Idle may be a bit smoother (not as much vibration) but you really aren't going to be thinking you're in a Rolls-Royce. It'll only be that way because they're new so....don't expect anything ground breaking.

Phil12

This is the same model of bus Pittsburgh is receiving but with a standard transit seating setup instead of a "stare at your neighbor from across the street" setup. They ride like a bus. Idle may be a bit smoother (not as much vibration) but you really aren't going to be thinking you're in a Rolls-Royce. It'll only be that way because they're new so....don't expect anything ground breaking.
The buses are specifically designed not to be ground breaking. After all, that part of Florida is subject to sink holes. It's just another example of the genius of Disney.

Kram Sacul

In the Parks
Yes
It doesn’t matter anyways. In a few years they’ll change it to something better or worse. Most likely better because they can only go up from there.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom