News Star Wars Galaxy's Edge Disneyland opening reports/reviews

TP2000

The screen will "look out" into space where the battle is taking place. It's a hangar, after all.

The "leaked" photo is all over the internet now, by the way. Multiple theme park websites now have it up.

And it's this scene in the ride, where you get off the transport vehicle after the destroyer captures you.

star_wars_battle_escape.jpg

RobWDW1971

It all reminds me of Mystic Manor a terrible bunch. One thing happening at a time, then another thing happens, and then another. No real flow, no overlapping, no new details to constantly find.

Have always been mystified by the outpouring of love on Disney boards for Mystic Manor. Went on it and it was cute and fine. Just little wacky "moments" that happen throughout the house. Frankly, I liked the Rat ride better in Paris, at least that had a flow of something was happening and the characters were more engaging (I know ,"gasp" IP based!). Mystic Manor not even in my top 20 Disney attractions. Speaking of HKDL, Big Grizzly Mtn is also very well done....

TROR

Have always been mystified by the outpouring of love on Disney boards for Mystic Manor. Went on it and it was cute and fine. Just little wacky "moments" that happen throughout the house. Frankly, I liked the Rat ride better in Paris, at least that had a flow of something was happening and the characters were more engaging (I know ,"gasp" IP based!). Mystic Manor not even in my top 20 Disney attractions. Speaking of HKDL, Big Grizzly Mtn is also very well done....
Grizzly Mountain is also very choppy, but the humor and bear designs are all so perfect that I give it a pass. More trees and wildlife would definitely do wonders for that attraction, but it's the best thing Disney's built since 1995.

RobWDW1971

Grizzly Mountain is also very choppy, but the humor and bear designs are all so perfect that I give it a pass. More trees and wildlife would definitely do wonders for that attraction, but it's the best thing Disney's built since 1995.

Let's not get crazy, Everest is better IMHO and haven't been to Shanghai yet so TBD.

mickEblu

I think Mystic Manor May be a little overrated because it’s one of the only new non IP E tickets in this millennium. So when one goes there especially all the way from the U.S. they feel that’s it’s a special treat. The fact that you have to go to Japan to ride it gives it another few bonus points of being rare/ unique which can favor into reviews if one is not being completely objective about the ride experience.

eddie104

Gosh you guys are just so defeated huh ?? I mean it’s disappointing for the DL not be having the numbers we all expected but can you be a little more positive ??

eddie104

Is that even disappointing though? 😈

Jokes aside, I think they're more jaded than defeated.
Yeah your right I mean it seems like a lot of posters are disappointed with the land. But maybe once Rise opens they will appreciate it a little more.

Last edited:

Travel Junkie

I think Mystic Manor May be a little overrated because it’s one of the only new non IP E tickets in this millennium. So when one goes there especially all the way from the U.S. they feel that’s it’s a special treat. The fact that you have to go to Japan to ride it gives it another few bonus points of being rare/ unique which can favor into reviews if one is not being completely objective about the ride experience.

IMO it's not overrated. If anything underrated because it's out in HK where most don't know about it.

But that's the topic for another thread.

mickEblu

IMO it's not overrated. If anything underrated because it's out in HK where most don't know about it.

But that's the topic for another thread.

Overrated amongst us theme park nuts. Who cares about Joe Shmo? He’s not going to Hong Kong Disneyland or has any clue about Mystic Manor anyway.

RobWDW1971

I love astromechs, especially the ones in the Star Tours queue, but Galaxy’s Edge is overkill with the droids. There’s two aliens and like 100 droids.

If there were 100 shiny, working, moving droids that would have been amazing. Unfortunately, it's a rusty, silent, static droid graveyard. That creative choice is astounding to me. It's almost like WDI had such a chip on their shoulder to be "too cool for school" and to intentionally NOT do what made Star Tours and the Harry Potter lands so great. Well, mission accomplished!

Give me DHS' AT-AT with the fake forest any day (with actual Star Wars music playing).

Last edited:

GoofGoof

Premium Member
to me that information from micechat makes no sense. what benefits do the surrounding business get especially hotels by unblocking oasshokders that would most likely arrive by car. They would just park pass the day at the park and leave. they wouldn't rent a room or shop around the anaheim resort.

I believe Disney, the media and bloggers all had part in the low crowds. all those videos of claima that Disneyland would be inundated with hords of people would reports at times claiming six digit numbers on opening week.
then Disney decided to run with that idea and kept telling people don’t show up it will be busy and you need reservations and even after reservations you ate not guaranteed admittance to land because of crowds.

tourist decides to delay their trips and pass holders got blocked out. then add high ticket prices that prices out many locals with families and you get a ghost town.

removing blackouts will most likely fill the park but i doubt it will help bring business to the surrounding business.

and isnt D23 suppose to be soon? that will help the area and most likely attendance as well.
would be smart to offer discounts to parks for D23 attendants
AP holders can and I’m sure do stay at hotels. Florida locals are one of the larger demographics of DVC owners at WDW. Some people who live a few hours away may not want to drive back and forth in a day. Sure there are plenty of people who would drive in, park and then leave and drive home but there are probably some AP holders who also stay over at least some nights. Based on the food prices in the parks it’s also not inconceivable that people would eat outside the parks at a local business either on their way in or on their way out. I’m not saying that the rumor is true, but it does make some sense that local businesses would be hurt too.

I agree that the hype around crowds at opening probably turned off a lot of tourists. I also think it hurts that the same identical land is opening at WDW. People east of the Mississippi (especially the heavily populated Northeast) aren’t as likely to make a 5 or 6 hour flight to CA to see the Star Wars stuff when they can hop a cheap, less than 2 hour flight or drive to Florida. If this land was exclusive to DLR there would be a bigger surge of SW geeks heading to CA.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom