Hyperspace Mountain: I find your lack of end date disturbing.

Phroobar

It could be worst.

Ever notice how these two signs look similar?
jim-jam-bonk-the-simpsons-disneyland-parody.png
sweetstuff.JPG

Darkbeer1

>>Disneyland will continue the run of Hyperspace Mountain through the Halloween season due to the continued popularity of the Star Wars ride overlay on the venerable Space Mountain indoor roller coaster.

That means Space Mountain won’t get the Ghost Galaxy holiday ride overlay this Halloween season.

In past Halloween seasons, the Ghost Galaxy holiday overlay added video projections of spinning nebula and a fiery space demon to the pitch black indoor coaster. The fearsome intergalactic creature with a flaming skull head reached out with his skeletal hands as riders raced past in the dark.

The current run of Hyperspace Mountain began as part of a May the Fourth celebration in Tomorrowland ahead of the May 31 debut of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Shortly after the unofficial Star Wars holiday, Disneyland announced that Hyperspace Mountain would stick around throughout the summer. Now the run has been extended again with Space Mountain scheduled to keep the Star Wars theme through the Halloween season, which runs from Sept. 6 through Oct. 31 at the Disneyland resort.<<

Model3 McQueen

In the Parks
No

>>Disneyland will continue the run of Hyperspace Mountain through the Halloween season due to the continued popularity of the Star Wars ride overlay on the venerable Space Mountain indoor roller coaster.

That means Space Mountain won’t get the Ghost Galaxy holiday ride overlay this Halloween season.

In past Halloween seasons, the Ghost Galaxy holiday overlay added video projections of spinning nebula and a fiery space demon to the pitch black indoor coaster. The fearsome intergalactic creature with a flaming skull head reached out with his skeletal hands as riders raced past in the dark.

The current run of Hyperspace Mountain began as part of a May the Fourth celebration in Tomorrowland ahead of the May 31 debut of Star Wars: Galaxy’s Edge.

Shortly after the unofficial Star Wars holiday, Disneyland announced that Hyperspace Mountain would stick around throughout the summer. Now the run has been extended again with Space Mountain scheduled to keep the Star Wars theme through the Halloween season, which runs from Sept. 6 through Oct. 31 at the Disneyland resort.<<

Grrrr. It pulls the same wait times as Space Mountain. KILL THE %*%*% OVERLAY ALREADY.

I'd love to know how they determine "popularity" numbers.

Now that I think about it, they're probably gonna keep it running until Episode 9 comes out, and then continue to have it run for another half year. Since it's birth, Hyperspace has ran more days than normal Space.

Rich T

Non-Overlay SM>Hyperspace SM>Lights on SM>Ghost Galaxy>Closed SM>Rockin' SM>Toothache

TROR

Keep it until summer. They need it until Rise opens and when Rise opens and then they can advertise the return of classic Space for the summer season.

PiratesMansion

Honestly Ghost Galaxy is crap, so even Hyperspace Mountain running in its place to me is an improvement!
(Disclaimer: have not done HSM in CA, only in HK)

Hopefully they'll retire Ghost Galaxy forever like Hong Kong did, you know, YEARS ago!

And hopefully after all of this Star Wars hype blows over, vanilla Space Mountain, the REAL Space Mountain, will be back for a while and there'll be some fixing of the effects. Last summer there seemed like way less stars than before. Tokyo's SM this summer had no music but star projections galore (and they've NEVER overlayed their Space with anything)! Maybe someday we will be so lucky!

180º

Space Mountain was awash with stars before Hyperspace. I believe they reduced the stars so the projections could be front and center, but whenever classic Space Mountain returned, the stars didn’t.

Curious Constance

Tha
I don’t mind Hyperspace mountain staying longer at all. I like both, but maybe Hyperspace just a little better. The original was almost like just a ride in complete darkness, whereas Hyperspace has more to see and more of a “story” to it.
Thanks for your honest opinion James, and thanks for joining our community.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom