News New Gondola Transportation - Disney Skyliner -

Movielover

I don't think this is the Price is Right where you just guess on

harry-potter-hogwarts-luna-magic-Favim.com-2467517.gif

It was all...

giphy.gif

Janir

I mean they do...there are cast members who literally work test and adjust for certain attractions but don’t necessarily open it...
They would call those people, Quality Assurance. Is the new attraction/service/whatever working as designed? Does it pass our standard battery of tests with each change or adjustment to the system? Also what are the failure points we are seeing as a new set of eyes.

cosmicgirl

Construction walls being moved back at the POP/AOA station. I enjoy his coverage, but I wish he would give it up already about the "buildings" at the station, there is no reason to believe they will be removed when construction it done.

I saw that this morning and had a hunch you were gonna say that exact thing. ;)
With the amount of time he's spent on this I thought he would realize they're the control rooms/CM areas by now.

Like yourself I enjoy (most) of his coverage and I have no doubt that he's a nice guy but sometimes his imagination gets the best of him, like with the announcement of gondola expansion at D23.

Lift Blog

What is the height difference between this column, and the one's at WDW?
The Disney columns are not very tall.
Similar. The Disney towers are actually quite tall by lift standards. Ski resorts like to keep them as low as possible for wind purposes.

The lift at Vail was built by CTEC, an American manufacturer which Doppelmayr later absorbed.

Rich Brownn

They would call those people, Quality Assurance. Is the new attraction/service/whatever working as designed? Does it pass our standard battery of tests with each change or adjustment to the system? Also what are the failure points we are seeing as a new set of eyes.
Nope, Q&A is something else. These people are hired to actually run the ride while its being worked on. (There's a name for the team, - it called Commissioning ). They are specifically hired to help get the ride up and running, but do not have a guaranteed position on the opening team). Several of my co-workers were on that team for Kong but did not get hired for the opening crew

peter11435

It's not a matter of believing. If you can share with me even one time at Disney use a "test and adjust cast" and then release them afterwards Please go ahead and do so in the meantime you can believe what YOU want. They cast that there is the opening team. I am a cast member myself. Don't try to tell me what I don't already know. I will double down on this. The cast that is there IS they opening team. They are not some fictional test and adjust team. That is not something Walt Disney World does, period.
You are completely wrong on this. Disney first puts together a test and adjust team of cast members and later puts together an opening team of cast members. They are two separate groups but often will have crossovers. Just because someone is on an attraction test and adjust team does not guarantee them a spot on the opening team. The test and adjust team is a temporary assignment. There are numerous examples of this including currently with Galaxies Edge and recently with Toy story and Pandora.

Nubs70

Well here is hoping RC can evac faster then Vail does. Clearly they can break out and odds say they will eventually.

Substantially more difficult terrain involved.

Disone

At Universal both Kong and F&F had such a team.
Hi Rich. We're not talking about Universal or talking about Disney. You are also a former cast member of Disney. You also know current cast members who still work at Disney. So in your experience sir, can you honestly say that you have seen Walt Disney World do this? A test and adjust team?

Disone

You are completely wrong on this. Disney first puts together a test and adjust team of cast members and later puts together an opening team of cast members. They are two separate groups but often will have crossovers. Just because someone is on an attraction test and adjust team does not guarantee them a spot on the opening team. The test and adjust team is a temporary assignment. There are numerous examples of this including currently with Galaxies Edge and recently with Toy story and Pandora.
I have been working for Walt Disney World for over 25 years. I have not heard of this happening. The closest thing I've heard is a task force that comes in to assist the opening team. The task force is just there to get them through opening and then returns to their home location while the opening team remains. However both of these things are happening simultaneously. What I can share with you right now is that the opening theme for the Skyliner has already been hired. They are not a task force. There may be a task force that has hired later on to come in and assist them and that could happen later on in August.

Rich Brownn

Hi Rich. We're not talking about Universal or talking about Disney. You are also a former cast member of Disney. You also know current cast members who still work at Disney. So in your experience sir, can you honestly say that you have seen Walt Disney World do this? A test and adjust team?
Yes, I have friends who have worked on a commissioning team there as well. You can call it whatever you like, but its the CM who come in to assist with getting it online and are not guaranteed to be part of the opening team.

peter11435

I have been working for Walt Disney World for over 25 years. I have not heard of this happening. The closest thing I've heard is a task force that comes in to assist the opening team. The task force is just there to get them through opening and then returns to their home location while the opening team remains. However both of these things are happening simultaneously. What I can share with you right now is that the opening theme for the Skyliner has already been hired. They are not a task force. There may be a task force that has hired later on to come in and assist them and that could happen later on in August.
As I said test adjust teams and opening teams are two seperate groups. There has been a test and adjust team at galaxies edge for months. The opening team has just recently started being selected.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom