News Disney to offer discount on new MagicBand designs as an optional alternative to complimentary solid color MagicBands

DCBaker

Premium Member
Big restock today -

911deb

I selected all four and seemed to make it all the way through, but while payment was processing one got kicked out and it looks like the other three went through. I emailed Disney to see what can be done for the missing band... What a frustrating process!

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
Well, restock does not matter, other than seeing the bands I cannot order. No matter how many times I try, methods I try, and log-outs/log-ins, I can never make it to the payment screen without getting an error window.

DCBaker

Premium Member
Well, restock does not matter, other than seeing the bands I cannot order. No matter how many times I try, methods I try, and log-outs/log-ins, I can never make it to the payment screen without getting an error window.

Have you tried a different browser?

jrogue

why do they keep showing the Haunted Mansion one if it's always going to be sold out IMMEDIATELY????? AGHH!!

Wngo905

In the Parks
No
I'm guessing since it's MDE specific that it's probably a more limited stock than the others :( They must update with only ten every time it re-surfaces online
The thing is, if you refresh browser, log out log back in, etc. the band reappears as available. It is when you hit complete the order, it hangs up. If you hit to try again, that is when the band disappears from your queue. If I try the reverse, ordering my band first and then my wifes band, it hangs up and dumps her band on the second attempt.

There must be something going on in the system as DCBaker mentions.

jrogue

The thing is, if you refresh browser, log out log back in, etc. the band reappears as available. It is when you hit complete the order, it hangs up. If you hit to try again, that is when the band disappears from your queue. If I try the reverse, ordering my band first and then my wifes band, it hangs up and dumps her band on the second attempt.

There must be something going on in the system as DCBaker mentions.
Yeah, I've tried it a whole bunch of ways too. Different browser, clearing cache, incognito browser, phone app, choosing others' band before mine and I'm getting the same problem as you. Apparently if we aren't refreshing the MDE page constantly awaiting a stock update we won't get it :banghead::banghead: which has me questioning if it's ever even in stock when we go to add it to our carts. (and if not why show it agh aghh AGHHH)

Baums101

Kind of late to comment on this but I definitely feel it is a smart move. In the parks I saw how many designs they had in stores and despite enjoying most of them couldn't help but feel it was just another way to pinch your wallet. I guess I'm more aware of these kinds of things now but with this deal I would definitely opt out of the plain color magic band in the future for a more unique design.

dreamfinder

We will be adding her as a day guest once we arrive. I did not know, though, that they would give us a magic band at that time. That's perfect. Thanks!

She would need either a room key or a Magic Band to get into the room, last time I was a day guest they asked me if I had a MB already, I said yes, and they gave me a room key instead. So I would expect they still give out Magic Bands.

Ariel1986

I was just successful in ordering two bands- the castle & the Epcot ones. All went through fine first time for me and I received the confirmation email? I guess I'll have to see if they actually turn up at the resort correct (we're from the UK so they can't be mailed). I wonder if being from the UK made it work- or because I used incognito mode so no cookies?

Bepster

I also got through the whole process and managed to fully check out and pay for 7 bands on 2 separate reservations.

I just used standard Safari on an iPhone.

I’ve also been trying for weeks but 7pm tonight U.K. time was obviously just after a restock.

Now let’s hope as Ariel1986 said above that they are at our resort when we arrive!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom