Magic Kingdom 50th Anniversary Plans

Status
Not open for further replies.

TTA94

this!! the 50th has got to be more than just banners, cupcakes, a reskinned move it shake it atrocity, a happily ever after tag, and tron.

Agreed. It should be bigger and better than DLs 50th and on par with a TDL celebration since WDW is the largest Disney destination.

I hope the celebration goes outside of the parks and into stores and restaurants like they did with Mc Donald’s for past celebrations :)

doctornick

This seems so silly to me. Where does the arbitrary 5-7yrs come from? Why would a nighttime parade be an exception? This is all just a matter of opinion. I don't see parades as things that need to switch up often at all if they "work".

I tend to agree, but I know it's not the prevailing opinion here. I mean, I think parades should be kept in good condition while running, so that may mean updating floats or replacing on occasion, but I personally don't see parades as something that "has" to change regularly.

To be fair, we tend to only visit every few years and don't always watch the day parades so that affects my prospective.

I do find it interesting that people rail against "classic" attractions closing/changing but don't have the same kind of sentiment with parades or other entertainment. To me, for example, the MSEP is every bit a "classic" Disney offering on par with CBJ or the Tiki Bears and I think losing that forever would be just as heartbreaking as losing Grizzly Hall. YMMV

aladdin2007

I tend to agree, but I know it's not the prevailing opinion here. I mean, I think parades should be kept in good condition while running, so that may mean updating floats or replacing on occasion, but I personally don't see parades as something that "has" to change regularly.

To be fair, we tend to only visit every few years and don't always watch the day parades so that affects my prospective.

I do find it interesting that people rail against "classic" attractions closing/changing but don't have the same kind of sentiment with parades or other entertainment. To me, for example, the MSEP is every bit a "classic" Disney offering on par with CBJ or the Tiki Bears and I think losing that forever would be just as heartbreaking as losing Grizzly Hall. YMMV

I agree, it does hold its place on par with that lineup. It would be great though if they could expand on it and build a new version that was not falling apart and so ancient, like tokyo dreamlights. but they just refuse to want to spend money on such things.

EricsBiscuit

From today. Scrims down.
664D4413-D068-4126-92DD-CB8C51EFB317.jpeg
07DA2226-2F40-452A-9EFB-81E8D888E1A6.jpeg
BD88D4C6-96EF-42F7-AC7B-6D3AB2F3D3D6.jpeg
5BD92DBA-BC2D-4D9F-B9FF-208998A2D539.jpeg
466079EE-A25C-4D00-9C9E-C6D60037C33C.jpeg
F66B82A5-87BD-48B3-8518-2F242464BFBC.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom