News Annual Pass price increases June 2019

Scoobert

Not sure if it’s been answered, sorry. I currently have a Silver AP but was thinking of upgrading to Gold. I’ve had the pass now for about 5 months, but if I upgraded would I be charged the difference with this new price increase or when I first got my AP?

Does that make any sense? Lol

larryz

I'm Just A Tourist!
Premium Member
What on earth are the advantages giving such cheap passes to local residents, when the negatives out weight any positives - namely they will contribute to huge crowds (as can be seen when there are blackout dates, the parks are wonderful), they spend less than international tourists, etc
Floridians are far more likely to visit the parks than you are, especially during times of economic downturns. Disney uses Resident APs to bank a set of local customers to keep them afloat while other economic ships of state are foundering.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The lower band annual passes for Floridian residents should be stopped.

The small perks like free parking that comes with these passes should also be banned.

What on earth are the advantages giving such cheap passes to local residents, when the negatives out weight any positives - namely they will contribute to huge crowds (as can be seen when there are blackout dates, the parks are wonderful), they spend less than international tourists, etc

Just stop them. If you are to give annual passes, then keep the top tier platinum passes.

Why should someone in the UK have to pay for more an annual pass, than a local Floridian resident? What's the marketting behind this? As someone from the UK, i will be paying for hotels, dining in Orlando, paying for paking, merchandise, etc - none of which a Floridan will do. They just make the parks miserable with the crowds.

I'm pretty sure I've addressed this exact comment from you already. Let's take a different track this time. I'm glad that you feel like you're the big spender Karen, and us locals are cheapskates. I now think Disney should charge a lot more for UK guests and use that income to subsidize our passes since you obviously spend more than we do. None of the disney merch that fills our houses to the brim is real, and we're just super cheap.

Your ignorant comment and attitude is largely why we dislike tourists.

flynnibus

Premium Member
The lower band annual passes for Floridian residents should be stopped.

The small perks like free parking that comes with these passes should also be banned.

Just stop them. If you are to give annual passes, then keep the top tier platinum passes.

Why should someone in the UK have to pay for more an annual pass, than a local Floridian resident? What's the marketting behind this? As someone from the UK, i will be paying for hotels, dining in Orlando, paying for paking, merchandise, etc - none of which a Floridan will do. They just make the parks miserable with the crowds.

Because the pass is intended to do just the opposite of what you want. It's objective is not to be a discount... it's motivation is to lure customers in more frequently and fill in times those uk travelers aren't there.

Things like free parking are important to reduce the barriers to deciding to visit.

Local passes are a huge element of bringing in the people who aren't on vacation and just dining, bringing friends/family, discretionary spending etc. no they aren't paying full price... that's fine because the whole point is to bring them in frequently

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
And the irony is the uk get some of the cheapest tickets around... and the guy is whining locals get cheaper access if they pay up for an ap.

You're right, they do. A 21 day ticket for someone visiting from the UK is only $516.05 which includes park hopper waterparks, and a bunch more whereas a 10 day ticket for US guests to access one park per day and no water park access is $491.35.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
The parks are already full.

There is no need to offer tickets at all to UK guests - to FILL UP THE PARK and already contribute to the huge crowding issues.

The crowds, the lines, actually puts off local tourists and passholders. There is no positive to the cheap tickets for UK guests.

Fixed that for you.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
There is literally no discount for UK tickets.

You can get a 2 week ticket, which is about the same cost as an annual pass for Floridan residents.

Disgraceful. And it makes no marketting sense.

When the parks are full, why are they offering discounts?

This is how we know you're a troll, and a bad one. UK guests absolutely do get discounts. You couldn't possibly be this ignorant if you tried.

John park hopper

As a publicly traded company Disney can and will charge whatever the market will bear no matter what it is AP, park tickets, food, room rates, new fees etc. Every time they raise prices, which seems to be a frequent occurrence lately we moan and groan (admit I do too) but does Disney care --not one bit and I doubt they consult this forum. It all comes down to pay it and go or spend your money else where. for the time being I'll spend my money elsewhere

LSLS

The UK and other international countries pay massively for tickets. The only discount to the UK ticket is it allows park hopping and includes the water parks - all that is OFF SET by having to pay for parking ! So essentially it's not even a discount !

I was in Orlando twice this year. Once during the blackout for lower tier pass holders, and once when there was no blackout. The crowds during the blackout were wonderful, even though it was peak season. The other occassion when there was no blackout, and the park was filled with local residents (most brining in their own foods and drinks, not paying for parking, and not paying for any hotel room, and not buying merchandise) actually really put me off from ever visiting Disney again.

Love your anecdotal evidence, followed by claims not even based on anything anecdotal. Unless of course all local residents were wearing giant badges proclaiming themselves local.

RustySpork

Oscar Mayer Memer
Love your anecdotal evidence, followed by claims not even based on anything anecdotal. Unless of course all local residents were wearing giant badges proclaiming themselves local.

We aren't allowed in the parks without wearing t-shirts that proclaim our cheapness and that we're sticking it to the Disman. We bought them at Disney with our discounts. On the front it's a picture of Florida Man wearing Mickey Ears with the words "BEWARE, LOCAL". On the back is a checked checklist that covers the fact that we're cheap, we don't stay at the resorts, we bring our own food, and that every member of our party brought their own car.

gmajew

Premium Member
It appears it is still a better deal to buy the annual pass then tickets for your stay if you go more then twice for a week in a year. Or book your vacations properly if your a DVc member.

Tony the Tigger

90CDFDE6-706D-4495-8363-DF299E5293C0.jpeg

Tony the Tigger

I have moved this off-topic topic to its own thread:

flynnibus

Premium Member
The parks are already full.

There is no need to offer an annual discount to locals - to FILL UP THE PARK and already contribute to the huge crowding issues.

The crowds, the lines, actually puts of tourists. There is no positive to the cheap annual pass for local residents.

Again... you don't get why they do it. Those passes are already blacked out from peek periods. They carry the torch around the peeks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom