Rumor Country Bear Jamboree to be Replaced by Toy Story Show?

JustInTime

Toy story and fantasyland are the near definition of “underwhelming”....they do nothing to advance the park.

Underwhelming is a good definition for most of their projects..flight of passage being the exception.
You know what opinions are, right?

Both lands that may be underwhelming to you, have been a hit with the average guest.

Like it or not, DHS desperately needed family friendly rides.

Maybe. Just maybe these lands weren’t built with you in mind.

Tony the Tigger

Toy story and fantasyland are the near definition of “underwhelming”....they do nothing to advance the park.
Both lands that may be underwhelming to you, have been a hit with the average guest.

As I’ve said before, if Snow White’s Scary A was built and opened today, it would be panned as underwhelming. Yet it was mourned as a loss.

The Little Mermaid ride is the same (but there’s more to it than there was to Snow White.)

When you’re there late at night doing walk-ons, and TLM is one of them, the memories will be the same.

jt04

I think it could really work. Would be a good transition area to bridge Frontierland and Liberty.
Swamp-themed easy enough to pull off and adds Princess and Frog IP. Mama Odie gift shop, etc.

It would become my favorite land at the MK. Most people here aren't visualizing how amazing this could be.

Cmdr_Crimson

Apparently there was a Marionette show at Disneyland Paris at one point.....Let's hope it's not as lame as this...Notice how the guests don't sound invested in it..

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
As I’ve said before, if Snow White’s Scary A was built and opened today, it would be panned as underwhelming. Yet it was mourned as a loss.

The Little Mermaid ride is the same (but there’s more to it than there was to Snow White.)

When you’re there late at night doing walk-ons, and TLM is one of them, the memories will be the same.

You’re looking at it in mundane terms...

That much time and alledgedly that much budget has to expand the capacity of the park...because they don’t have enough reinvestment projects on a yearly basis anymore...

Neither of those did. Big fail

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member

As I just said above - they actually weren’t built with ANYONE in mind because they don’t serve the needs of everyone.

And I’m all for kid/family friendly rides. I welcome/enjoy them.

They didn’t do enough...as they likely haven’t with the star wars lands.

Expect more...you’re paying for it

SteamboatJoe

DHS definitely needed family-friendly rides. The debate is whether or not what was done was a) enough; and b) of true Disney quality. I haven't been to TSL, so I can't say for sure but only 2 new rides seems low. A completely exposed roller coaster also seems very un-Disney to me.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
DHS definitely needed family-friendly rides. The debate is whether or not what was done was a) enough; and b) of true Disney quality. I haven't been to TSL, so I can't say for sure but only 2 new rides seems low. A completely exposed roller coaster also seems very un-Disney to me.

Slinky is the “more Disney” of the two...aliens is a carnie ride under a purple painted canopy.

It’s good to see they are adding a restaurant...but “toy story land” is still a complete punt. Very little ambience...looks more like a regional amusement midway well below universal In quality.

And it still took way too long to build and cost too much. It’s an upgraded Chester Hester.

And I LOVE Toy story...5 hours till I’m in the premier more excited than my kids...I’ve seen a first showing of all 4 including in 1995 as a “young adult” because I was so fascinated by the concept after I read an article about pixar in advance

So I’m not “anti-toy story” by the slightest definition

Tony the Tigger

You’re looking at it in mundane terms...

That much time and alledgedly that much budget has to expand the capacity of the park...because they don’t have enough reinvestment projects on a yearly basis anymore...

Neither of those did. Big fail

Not gonna argue against more capacity being needed, and building additional instead of replacing.

Sirwalterraleigh

Premium Member
Not gonna argue against more capacity being needed, and building additional instead of replacing.

That’s what I’m saying. And the main failure of iger regime in parks is they abandoned the playbook that called for consistent reinvestment. Every other year in each parks on average - minimum.

That’s the root of why we talk constantly about crowds and spend useless time battling If price increase are for our “benefit”

They set themselves up for this.

Tony the Tigger

That’s what I’m saying. And the main failure of iger regime in parks is they abandoned the playbook that called for consistent reinvestment. Every other year in each parks on average - minimum.

That’s the root of why we talk constantly about crowds and spend useless time battling If price increase are for our “benefit”

They set themselves up for this.

Price increases are to ensure SW is a “success” to Wall Street.

SteamboatJoe

Slinky is the “more Disney” of the two...aliens is a carnie ride under a purple painted canopy.

It’s good to see they are adding a restaurant...but “toy story land” is still a complete punt. Very little ambience...looks more like a regional amusement midway well below universal In quality.

And it still took way too long to build and cost too much. It’s an upgraded Chester Hester.

And I LOVE Toy story...5 hours till I’m in the premier more excited than my kids...I’ve seen a first showing of all 4 including in 1995 as a “young adult” because I was so fascinated by the concept after I read an article about pixar in advance

So I’m not “anti-toy story” by the slightest definition
I hadn't gotten a good look at Buzz from the promos but I can't say I am surprised. What is the story with Buzz? What did Andy use to build it?

SteamboatJoe

Honestly, with the exception of the first parade at MGM, I don't think they've done Toy Story right in the parks since the beginning. Buzz in Tomorrowland (under its current story) doesn't really fit. Midway Mania, while fun, was totally forced in regards to theme. Jesse's Critter Carousel is even worse.

An innovative omnimover dark ride at DHS in which you are a toy traveling through Andy's Room, Pizza Planet, and Sid's house/yard would've been perfect. Each car could've been a different toy. Some sort of Mr. Toad-esque drive through town in a Pizza Planet truck a la TS2 would've also been great.

Andrew C

You know what's funny?

Was just there. The feel and overall quality is a lot better than I anticipated. Especially at night. And the coaster fits nicely within the landscape. Liked it a lot better than TS Playland in Paris. Whether it was the right addition or worth the cost...well that is something different...

JustInTime

TSL was much better in person. Especially at night. I wanted to hate it. There are absolutely shortcomings but the Magic was there for me.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom