News Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom experiencing extended downtime

SteamboatJoe

I would much rather ride a cheesy roller coaster that is actually kind of fun than sit through the Tiki room that is so bad it make me want to run out screaming, or Indiana Jones which was good at one point but has not changed at all in 30 years time, or Tom Sawyer Island which is well, boring unless you are 5.
You probably could save a lot of money and ride a cheesy roller coaster at a non-Disney park.

GlacierGlacier

It's a standard spinning wild mouse guys. How can there be extended downtime... for a wild mouse?
Missing parts (unlikely), waiting on analysis on what's wrong, bringing in more technicians to find out what the problem is, bringing in engineers when the technicians can't solve the problem, bringing in suits when the problem requires more money to solve than normal.

All theorizing. I know nothing about this attraction's downtime.

John park hopper

My son and granddaughter May 10 waited in line for an hour almost got on and it quit working so this seems to be a recurring problem as compensation they dei get a FP

MrPromey

I think it's a fun ride with a short wait, but the whole concept of Dinoland is dumb and meta. We lived near actual amusement parks as a kid and stayed away from these parking lot fairs which are even today widely thought of as being dangerous as they are assembled and taken down often.

Agreed. This is the best thing about the worst area of AK.

If they closed this down, the rest of that blight would be even more of a disappointment.

They need to come up with something better to replace the whole space (not that I think there are any plans to do so) but given the theme of Countdown to Extinction Dinosaur, that may be difficult. The story of that ride makes it difficult for them to put much else in there that isn't either distinctly museum-like or something like what they did.

If they put another ride, show, or experience that involves "live" dinosaurs, it messes up the whole plot to the anchor attraction of this part of the park.

That said, Claire Huxtable's hair style and ensemble have been looking decidedly dated for some time now. An updated pre-show and some on-ride audio changes could probably clear that problem right up - part of a routine dino rescue/time-relocation outing gone bad due to a problem with the time coordinates or some whatever that sends you to the wrong date instead of the idea that this is normally just a sight-seeing tour and you going to that period and trying to bring back a dino is some out of the ordinary thing?

Last edited:

cjkeating

There was an accident on a clone of this attraction at a UK theme park a few weeks ago where a child fell out, he is out of hospital. There is an ongoing investigation regarding the cause.

Either Disney has finally heard about this accident and is closing it is a precaution or there has been a safety notice posted by the manufacturer. Not sure if other clones (there are 31) are still operating.

TeriofTerror

There was an accident on a clone of this attraction at a UK theme park a few weeks ago where a child fell out, he is out of hospital. There is an ongoing investigation regarding the cause.

Either Disney has finally heard about this accident and is closing it is a precaution or there has been a safety notice posted by the manufacturer. Not sure if other clones (there are 31) are still operating.
And if I recall correctly, at least two people have died on Primeval Whirl in the past.

ToTBellHop

WOw you people can not stand anyone having an opinion of something different than yours.
I can accept different opinions as long as they aren’t ridiculous.

Examples:

Different opinion from my own but still okay: “I like sweet pickles” or “I want to get a Fastpass+ for The Frozen Show”.
Different opinion from my own that is ridiculous and therefore unacceptable: “I don’t like the MMR vaccination” or “the Tiki Room should close.”

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the part that is often missed is that I have a right to despise someone because of their opinions. And no, I don’t despise you. I don’t know you. Your comment on the Tiki Room, Indy, and Tom Sawyer Island has, however, cost you 16 respect points.

giphy.gif

ninjaprincesst

I can accept different opinions as long as they aren’t ridiculous.

Examples:

Different opinion from my own but still okay: “I like sweet pickles” or “I want to get a Fastpass+ for The Frozen Show”.
Different opinion from my own that is ridiculous and therefore unacceptable: “I don’t like the MMR vaccination” or “the Tiki Room should close.”

Everyone is entitled to their own opinions but the part that is often missed is that I have a right to despise someone because of their opinions. And no, I don’t despise you. I don’t know you. Your comment on the Tiki Room, Indy, and Tom Sawyer Island has, however, cost you 16 respect points.

giphy.gif
Exactly what I mean you can not like the something but how dare I not like something, the tiki room is the most annoying thing in the world, Indiana Jones has not changed at all in thirty years it is now a snooze fest, and Tom Sawyer Island is just boring and a waste of space, those are all legitimate reasons to hate these things.

ToTBellHop

Exactly what I mean you can not like the something but how dare I not like something, the tiki room is the most annoying thing in the world, Indiana Jones has not changed at all in thirty years it is now a snooze fest, and Tom Sawyer Island is just boring and a waste of space, those are all legitimate reasons to hate these things.
You are being very juvenile. Yes, you are entitled to your opinions. Others are entitled to dislike your opinions. My opinion is that your opinion stinks.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom