News Primeval Whirl at Disney's Animal Kingdom experiencing extended downtime

UpAllNight

There was an accident on a clone of this attraction at a UK theme park a few weeks ago where a child fell out, he is out of hospital. There is an ongoing investigation regarding the cause.

Either Disney has finally heard about this accident and is closing it is a precaution or there has been a safety notice posted by the manufacturer. Not sure if other clones (there are 31) are still operating.

Whilst an unfortunate incident this happened in a really poor UK theme park...which further shows it shouldn’t be one of only a handful rides in a premium Disney Park. Tear this rubbish down.

OG Runner

Now for a completely different point of view. :D I actually, enjoy Primeval Whirl. It is not too anything, but fun and most of
the time, the wait time is not long, especially due to where it is located in the Animal Kingdom. I admit though, I am confused
on why there would be extended down time.

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
Now for a completely different point of view. :D I actually, enjoy Primeval Whirl. It is not too anything, but fun and most of
the time, the wait time is not long, especially due to where it is located in the Animal Kingdom. I admit though, I am confused
on why there would be extended down time.

I always did too. Rode it multiple times just because the wait-time was low. It's not a great attraction, hardly a coaster even but it was still enjoyable. With some re-imagineering it could approach Crush Coaster levels. Still think it'd be better in another park. But it wouldn't take much to draw in guests if it were say a Moana coaster or Toy Story coaster.

Last edited:

wdwjmp239

I rode this ride for the first time last week... It is horrible and needs to go! I defend this area many many times but this ride is just bad!

It is no way up to Disney level even for a coaster it is weak.....

The last time I rode Primeval Whirl was about 5 years ago. Cute ride, but damn...I was in pain for a couple of days afterwards. Now, I just like to watch people go on and come off saying about how everything hurts on them. Welcome to the club! You've been initiated! :D

Bocabear

I always thought the whole Route 66 Dinoland carnival was just a placeholder until they decided to invest some money... Such a shame that this is permanent...With NEMO right next door this could be the location of a whole South Pacific area of the park...a huge Moana attraction, add some aquarium exhibits and Tidal pool exhibits, it could be a real plus to the park...

Kman101

I always thought the whole Route 66 Dinoland carnival was just a placeholder until they decided to invest some money... Such a shame that this is permanent...With NEMO right next door this could be the location of a whole South Pacific area of the park...a huge Moana attraction, add some aquarium exhibits and Tidal pool exhibits, it could be a real plus to the park...

Right? IMO it still is a placeholder. I know folks have "come around" to the theming in recent years (DinoBash is a fun overlay for the land) but I still say: "no thanks".

I actually like Primeval Hurl ( ;) ) but let's not pretend they couldn't do better here everyone. It's got more painted flats than you'd probably expect so it's not horrible. Wouldn't Crush's Coaster even be better? Similar yet indoors and more fun. Keep the two sides ala Space Mountain.

I'm confused on your "permanent" thing? What am I missing? lol Donald's hat on a Dino could still be removed tomorrow ... lol

DCLcruiser

I love dinosaurs (the things, not the ride...it's good too), but this whole area is a waste and cheapens the park like a Six Flags. I rode PW once and felt so unsafe. Get rid of it all.

GlacierGlacier

Ride had a single coaster car on the track yesterday, no cast nearby (maintenance or otherwise).

Maybe all ride vehicles are being upgraded/replaced with updates restraints/safety?

Magicart87

No Refunds!
Premium Member
SAD. The first Ice Age movie was decent. The rest sucked. And screw it anyway, no more non-Disney-generated IPs in the parks, please.

Truth. Ice Age had it's moments but after the first one it really went downhill fast. And the animation (and style) is very lackluster. Can it be used as a vehicle to tell a story? Sure, but I don't think we need Ice Age. For that matter, I don't think we need Dinorama. My fear being that the two will be used to support each other and we'll be stuck with crap attractions for years to come.

doctornick

I enjoy riding Primeval Whirl myself. Not that I'd shed a tear if it and Dinoland were removed and (key part) replaced by something worthwhile. But I think it gets more hate than it should. at the least, PW is a better ride than the odd and boring Triceratops Spin.

Regardless though, Dinoland should stick around until they add rides elsewhere in the park to compensate for its removal. The park really can't afford to lose any rides at this point. I've mentioned before, but if they would put in a copy of It's a Bug's Land in DAK that would be a nice addition that would afford the park the opportunity to replace Dinoland with something like the Excavator coaster. Win win.

SpaceCoast

Way to ruin the fun, your suppose to wait 1 week for this to spread to every corner of the internet before debunking this and crushing everyone's souls...

That's nothin. Epcot is being torn down.
epcot.jpg

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom