News Main Street Cinema Chapeked - UPDATE!!

Mac Tonight

I will say that it was always so dark, I worried I'd lose a kid in there - or step on someone who was sitting on the floor cooling off. It could still be a charming attraction and without it being so dark. The light levels in these photos seem acceptable. It's the same place, but with some oddly added merch displays.

My fear is that this is the narrow tip of a wedge...
It's interesting because other places have said almost the exact opposite. That the harsh lights on the merch almost wash out the cartoons on the screen.

Mickeyboof

I'm gonna kinda play devil's advocate here. This isn't that big a deal. First, let me just say that I don't support it, but it will not in any way affect Disneyland for me. The cinema is a dud for me. It has a laughable awkward mannequin at the entrance, so it certainly has that going for it. But inside are just some smallish screens in a smallish dark room showing very old cartoons. It still is that, just with some merchandise I would never care about either. The few times I've gone in, there was nobody else in there and we left almost immediately.

Those very old cartoons are the reason any of this even exists. It’s lovely to watch them on Main Street, the original “very old cartoons” that were so original and captivating, they were the spark that someday would result in Disneyland itself.

Sigh. I just don’t understand why aren’t they even “Cartoons and Collectables” themed? Shopping can sometimes add to an experience. Sometimes. If this becomes permanent, I at least beg them to buy vintage popcorn machines and other theatre items converted into themed shopping stalls with merchandise you can ONLY get in this shop dedicated to the wonderful nostalgia of attending a picture show.

This is disheartening. Current leadership needs to change. History is repeating itself.

Mac Tonight

Everyone, let's do our part and contact Disneyland to express our distaste.

I think this email should do the trick, I couldn't find a better option to contact them (though I may give them a call in the next day or two also).

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/
I have a message out to them now asking if the shop is permanent or not...
I decided to opt for a civilised approach first :)

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Everyone, let's do our part and contact Disneyland to express our distaste.

I think this email should do the trick, I couldn't find a better option to contact them (though I may give them a call in the next day or two also).

https://disneyland.disney.go.com/help/email/

You know Disney has a filter so all those emails go into a special folder, right?

Here's the folder....

giphy.gif

They don't care.... As long as people come in and buy that is all that matters. However I have to assume based on the merch being sold its only temporary.

Mac Tonight

You know Disney has a filter so all those emails go into a special folder, right?

Here's the folder....

giphy.gif

They don't care.... As long as people come in and buy that is all that matters. However I have to assume based on the merch being sold its only temporary.
Except that I know people who work for TDA whose job it is to answer messages like this. I believe they call it Customer Service.

While I agree Disney largely "doesn't care" about random fan complaints, to say that they just throw messages away (without proof) is pretty disingenuous.

Disney Irish

Premium Member
Except that I know people who work for TDA whose job it is to answer messages like this. I believe they call it Customer Service.

While I agree Disney largely "doesn't care" about random fan complaints, to say that they just throw messages away (without proof) is pretty disingenuous.
Obviously they don't actually throw them away, I was being sarcastic. I've done this sort of Email Customer Service before at companies. The Rep usually answers it with a form email saying something like, "thank you for contacting us we value your opinion". They then input the email into a system for tracking such things. And that is usually as far as it gets. Very little decisions are actually made off of such emails from fans.

My point is its the foot traffic and sales that actually mean something. So its better to encourage other guests not to partake in such offerings if you don't want them in the Parks. Basically vote with your wallet....

Mac Tonight

Obviously they don't actually throw them away, I was being sarcastic. I've done this sort of Email Customer Service before at companies. The Rep usually answers it with a form email saying something like, "thank you for contacting us we value your opinion". They then input the email into a system for tracking such things. And that is usually as far as it gets. Very little decisions are actually made off of such emails from fans.

My point is its the foot traffic and sales that actually mean something. So its better to encourage other guests not to partake in such offerings if you don't want them in the Parks. Basically vote with your wallet....
The Main St. Cinema will get none of my money.

TP2000

They removed the turnstiles at the entrance :(

The thing with this concept is that it's just done so cheaply and temporarily. This was an easy thing to do, move some random displays and a cash register in there, turn up the lights and hope the dollars roll in.

This Cinema junk looks slapped together and under-funded and designed to last three months. That's not cool.

Bob Chapek is really taking the parks in a bad direction. They just opened a new shop in Toy Story Land out in WDW, and it looks like a cross between a dentist's office and a strip mall toy store.

Toy-Story-Land-Toy-Story-Mania-Pop-Up-Shop-2019-001.jpg

mickEblu

The thing with this concept is that it's just done so cheaply and temporarily. This was an easy thing to do, move some random displays and a cash register in there, turn up the lights and hope the dollars roll in.

This Cinema junk looks slapped together and under-funded and designed to last three months. That's not cool.

Bob Chapek is really taking the parks in a bad direction. They just opened a new shop in Toy Story Land out in WDW, and it looks like a cross between a dentist's office and a strip mall toy store.

Toy-Story-Land-Toy-Story-Mania-Pop-Up-Shop-2019-001.jpg

Fluorescent lights and ceiling tiles? What?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom