OK, what could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?

John park hopper

Bring back the original Main Street, longer late night hours, stop getting rid of proven favorites --Mr Toads Wild Ride, AE, GMR, Back Lot etc etc. stop nickel and dining the guests to death with price increases. Bring back the monorail to it's old glory. Disney has more than enough property increase the size of the parks spread the crowds out or cut the park capacity. Enough with the generic DVC hotels. Add some new countries to EPOCT --Thailand, Brazil, Peru, Congo, India. Bring back the restaurants that were not character restaurants --Crystal Palace, Good Turn restaurant. I still go and like it but it could be so much better

JusticeDisney

I, for one, love WDW just as much today as I did when I first went in the mid 1980s. Is it different now than it was back then? Of course it is. Some things aren’t as good, some things are just the same and some things are better. But I still love the place just as much as ever. And I love the fact that WDW is constantly changing and tweaking and adding new experiences.

Now, if there were only a way to get the doom and gloomers to stop going, the parks would be far less crowded for the rest of us! 😉

FettFan

seems like any thing recent happening in the parks is a dismal failure.
skyliner? Ready to kill quest due to lack of air or getting stuck or falling out of the sky or they're ugly.
SW:GE?? Death by massive crowds
GOTG: Hate it, it's ruining Epcot.
After hour events: money grabs plain an simple

So outside of killing Iger (J/K) what do you think they could do that you would actually enjoy or look forward to??

At Magic Kingdom:
- Hatbox Ghost added to the Haunted Mansion attic scene.
- Remove all the movie elements from Pirates of the Caribbean.
- Remove Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Replace the track for Space Mountain
- Rename the Tangled restroom building "The Royal Flush".

At Epcot Center
- Go back to calling it "Epcot Center".
- An Energy-themed roller coaster is a great idea. Scrap Guardians of the Galaxy and have it be an educational Dark Coaster. Hosted by Neil DeGrasse Tyson.
- Finally build the Switzerland Pavilion with the Matterhorn Bobsleds.
- Rhine River Tours in Germany.
- Either evict Frozen completely or change the story so that Elsa and Company are actually visiting Norway instead of just summarizing the movie. As it stands today, "Frozen Ever After" really should be in the Magic Kingdom.
I'd rather have "Olaf's Seaventure" where the plucky snowman meets up with a band of Viking explorers and learns a bit about Norway's history.
- Japan Bullet Train simulator ride.
- Mary Poppins Dark Ride. That is the original Julie Andrews Mary Poppins ride of course, and not the horrible Emily Blunt sequel.

At DHS
- Build a new, expanded version of Buzz Lightyear's Space Ranger Spin
- Kill Star Wars Launch Bay it was unnecessary to begin with, especially once Galaxy's Edge was announced.
- Bring back Star Wars Weekends
- Guardians of the Galaxy roller coaster
- Dr. Strange simulator.
- Finally build a proper Toontown area with a couple of dark rides and classic character meet and greets. Oswald has been treated like a red-headed stepchild.
- Close down Indiana Jones Epic Stunt Spectacular and build a new incarnation of the Indiana Jones Adventure, preferably with duck boats and a flume.
dukw-428.jpg

Animal Kingdom
- Fix the Yeti already
- Expand Kali River Rapids into the originally planed Tiger River Rapids.

Last edited:

nol_dur

Bring back the original Main Street, longer late night hours, stop getting rid of proven favorites --Mr Toads Wild Ride, AE, GMR, Back Lot etc etc. stop nickel and dining the guests to death with price increases. Bring back the monorail to it's old glory. Disney has more than enough property increase the size of the parks spread the crowds out or cut the park capacity. Enough with the generic DVC hotels. Add some new countries to EPOCT --Thailand, Brazil, Peru, Congo, India. Bring back the restaurants that were not character restaurants --Crystal Palace, Good Turn restaurant. I still go and like it but it could be so much better
Most of the rides mentioned as proven favorites weren't doing good near the end of their life time. I saw that both GMR and Back Lot were not as successful as before. They weren't drawing in crowds like they did before. It was better to bring in new rides and lands for all of these rides because they weren't successful

kwoodfan1

1) Add Star Wars Land
2) Give us a Toy Story Area
3) Put in an amazingly themed land in AK and equip it with the best ride on property
4) Add a roller coaster to Epcot
5) Add a new, unique transportation method
6) A new restaurant that makes us feel like were in Space
7) That Tron coaster would be cool if they brought it stateside
8) An opportunity to become part of Star Wars and actually stay there
9) Add Star Wars Land (needs to be said twice)

...oh, wait.

NickPytlinski

i may not have been visiting long enough but i have been enough times to 'see' changes,
i can only say i have seen improvements over the years.

i miss the stitch ride where he bounces on the chairs. i thought that would still be pretty current, anyone know why they closed it? instead of a different ride? hope this isn't common knowledge that i have completely missed.

The only thing that has annoyed me when visiting (i am from the uk so costs a lot of money to visit) is the large green boards that hides stuff, normally in popular positions around the castle or enjoyable walkways around the parks. i get that they are creating or changing things but thats the only negative i can come up with really. But that negative turns into a positive when they complete the work lol.

Pricing will always be an issue at resorts etc. especially dining plans and extras. it would be nice to get different offers or discounts at resorts. i know we get decent deals in the uk with tickets etc. i'd love my extended family to experience the resort hotels at disney they just simply cant afford it at current cost. i suppose that's a first world problem though. majority of families in the uk cannot entertain florida in the current climate.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
The point of your post is very well taken. For a place that is supposedly full of WDW fanatics, sure does seem like a lot of people here complain about just about anything that Disney does.
The problem is that of a person simply points out when Disney makes an odd or cheap decision, then they are labelled as a complainer.

I think the Guardians coaster would fit better in Tomorrowland or HS, bit that doesn't mean I think it will be a bad attraction. I think Frozen deserved more than being squeezed into Maelstrom, and Disney has more than enough money to do so. By saying, it doesnt mean I hate WDW . Yet, many people perceive it that way.

For a place full of WDW fanatics, sure does seem like a lot of people don't care for layered theming and fluid storytelling that expands beyond the rides...you know, the way they used to do it.

righttrack

I am absolutely thrilled that they are doing these things. The one thing I think they need to do is to do what they did back in the 70s and 80s -- Think Big! They shouldn't be followers, they should be leaders. Open Star Wars Land? Great! Where's the X-Wing flyover during a parade or fireworks? I know, that sounds insane, X-Wing fighters don't exist, but WDW did the equivalent of that with Epcot in the 80s and Magic Kingdom in the 70s. They made the impossible possible. Do that!

nol_dur

The problem is that of a person simply points out when Disney makes an odd or cheap decision, then they are labelled as a complainer.

I think the Guardians coaster would fit better in Tomorrowland or HS, bit that doesn't mean I think it will be a bad attraction. I think Frozen deserved more than being squeezed into Maelstrom, and Disney has more than enough money to do so. By saying, it doesnt mean I hate WDW . Yet, many people perceive it that way.

For a place full of WDW fanatics, sure does seem like a lot of people don't care for layered theming and fluid storytelling that expands beyond the rides...you know, the way they used to do it.
Yes, It just feels like most of these projects are rushed and don't have the care they need

JusticeDisney

I agree with what you’re saying in general. But there’s a difference between people with an occasional gripe and people who seem to hate everything that Disney is doing these days. Of course, people are absolutely entitled to feel however they want. I was just making an observation about this place.

Oh, and being a Disney fanatic doesn’t mean you have to prefer “layered theming and fluid storytelling.” I know this because I am such a fanatic and I couldn’t care less about those things.

Disstevefan1

1) Add Star Wars Land
2) Give us a Toy Story Area
3) Put in an amazingly themed land in AK and equip it with the best ride on property
4) Add a roller coaster to Epcot
5) Add a new, unique transportation method
6) A new restaurant that makes us feel like were in Space
7) That Tron coaster would be cool if they brought it stateside
8) An opportunity to become part of Star Wars and actually stay there
9) Add Star Wars Land (needs to be said twice)

...oh, wait.

This is one happy customer for sure!
I think the OP is asking what individual folks think what they would like. If what Disney has happen to have done or is doing is the same ad what you had in mind, that's great!

Of what things Disney has come up on their own, I did wish they would bring TRON to WDW so I got lucky on that one.
I love coasters so the guardians attraction looks great!
Galaxy's Edge looks great, not sure how enjoyable it will be with the mobs.
For the rest if the list, I always love to see additions to WDW but not sure how much I will benefit from them as a guest.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom