OK, what could Disney do in the parks that you would actually like?

eliza61nyc

Original Poster
seems like any thing recent happening in the parks is a dismal failure.
skyliner? Ready to kill quest due to lack of air or getting stuck or falling out of the sky or they're ugly.
SW:GE?? Death by massive crowds
GOTG: Hate it, it's ruining Epcot.
After hour events: money grabs plain an simple

So outside of killing Iger (J/K) what do you think they could do that you would actually enjoy or look forward to??

Nunu

Wanderluster
Premium Member
To me, making planning for a Disney vacation, enjoyable again.
I understand that the crowds have grown, but for example:
If I really want to eat at a specific place, I need to know 6 months in advance what I'll be in the mood for on a specific day! Also getting up so early in the morning to get Fastpasses and stress over getting what I want.

Planning a vacation should be fun!
I always wonder what I'll do when (and "if") I become a senior and the process becomes too complicated for me to handle, also, I foresee becoming less knowledgeable of technology.

As for the rest, I enjoy my visits and look forward to try new experiences. Once there, I make the most of it! :)

nol_dur

skyliner? Ready to kill quest due to lack of air or getting stuck or falling out of the sky or they're ugly.

So outside of killing Iger (J/K) what do you think they could do that you would actually enjoy or look forward to??
1: Bring back Dreamfinder. This would coincide with fixing Epcot if they do it but from the videos I’ve seen this is easily the best version of the imagination pavilion
2: Fix the yeti. This would be an engineer masterpiece if they do it but would probably need a Zootopia land to help distract the crowds
3: Make the Play pavilion not suck. Yes I know we don’t know anything about it but I’m having high hopes for a new pavilion in future world and if it’s done correctly could be amazing. I don’t mind the IPs in their but if it’s a newer version of Innoventions I wouldn’t mind it.

Theirs plenty more things I would love to see happen but know that everyone of these things would still be criticized by the community. There are people out that hate just to hate.

JusticeDisney

The point of your post is very well taken. For a place that is supposedly full of WDW fanatics, sure does seem like a lot of people here complain about just about anything that Disney does.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
This will be fun. This is more like “What would a Disney Fascist do?”

Build a new omnimover ride for both Epcot and HS each.
Ban alcohol from property, excluding resort hotels, DS, and select restaurants in Epcot and HS.
Fire Bob Chapek, hire a visionary, not a marketer or businessman to run the parks. Lay off pleasing stockholders for awhile. Disney has the luxury of time and money to be creative. Millions will still visit for years to come, even if the parks don’t receive any new additions.
...more to follow(?)

The_Jobu

The new entrance to Epcot looks nice.

DisneyDoctor

To me, making planning for a Disney vacation, enjoyable again.
I understand that the crowds have grown, but for example:
If I really want to eat at a specific place, I need to know 6 months in advance what I'll be in the mood for on a specific day! Also getting up so early in the morning to get Fastpasses and stress over getting what I want.

Planning a vacation should be fun!
I always wonder what I'll do when (and "if") I become a senior and the process becomes too complicated for me to handle, also, I foresee becoming less knowledgeable of technology.

As for the rest, I enjoy my visits and look forward to try new experiences. Once there, I make the most of it! :)
A lot of people would argue that planning so far in advance is part of the fun.

I'm with you, though. In fact, we leave several days empty during our trips. We head to restaurants based on how were feeling. Sure, we may not get a seat at some of the highly sough tables, but we also don't really care. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

Heppenheimer

I notice most of the things people listed here would involve going backwards, not forwards. In that spirit, I would like prices to go backwards too, but that probably won't happen.

Not every change Disney has made to the resorts over the years has been perfect, but I give them the benefit of the doubt because they've gotten things right more often than not. And let's face it, a lot of those extinct attractions probably weren't as awesome as nostalgia has led us to think, or would have become completely dated and boring if they endured (cough, cough, Horizons, cough, cough). My visits generally occur only every few years (with some long gaps), and I've genuinely enjoyed most of the changes over the years.

But to answer the question, what changes would I like to see? Add more animal exhibits to Animal Kingdom, like an Australian or South American area.

And I think an Alpine chalet-style hotel would be a fantastic resort addition. The examples you find in Europe are beautifully and intricately decorated. I would love to see what the Imagineers could do with this theme. Would be a good fit near Blizzard Beach, if there's room.

And along the same line, since no good idea ever seems to completely die at the Disney Company, I would like to see them revisit the idea for the aborted Mineral King ski resort, but maybe in a location that gets more consistent snow cover.

Tux

1. Magic Kingdom - Fix the crowding issues and I'll be satisfied.
  2. EPCOT - Use up the empty space around this park, and fix Journey Into Imagination because at this point there is no real reason not to fix it. They obviously aren't going to profit from With Figment as much as they would with the original. Equal Gain, Equal Benefits for both fans and the company.
  3. Animal Kingdom - Replace the Dinorama.
  4. Hollywoods Studios - Tidy Muppetvision 3D back up.

Gitson Shiggles

There was me, that is Mickey, and my three droogs
Give me back my Epcot. You know, the good one.

PolynesianPrincess

Don't go backwards. Don't bring back old rides, shows, etc. Keep moving forward, if people want Imagination fixed, fine, give us something new. I'm tired of hearing people whine about the past. If Disney is that bad now, stop going. I love it and will continue to go and be happy to be called the problem.

People aren't whining for no reason. People are whining because the Disney of the past was GOOD and before opening Pandora, they had hardly done ANYTHING noteworthy. Epcot in the 90s? Amazing. But over the years they have dumbed it down. Just because they bring back and old show or attraction doesn't mean they're going backwards. They can easily take something like Journey Into Imagination with Figment and add the Dreamfinder back in and make it like the original while also updating it using current technology. No one is calling Disney "bad" just because they want some great attractions brought back. I think people just want to see Disney developed to its full potential, not shoehorning half butt attractions and shows into parks where they don't fit.

PolynesianPrincess

I would love to see Dreamfinder back in Journey. I would also LOVE to see Future World become a land to learn, again. I know that's extremely far fetched because they've dumbed down most of it due to the (for lack of a better word) dumbing down our society has become these days.
I want them to stop changing original attractions and adding IP's in EVERYWHERE. Disney can still be fun without characters everywhere. EE is a perfect example. Not a single character involved and it's a stellar ride.
Bring back the nighttime parade at Magic Kingdom. There is nothing more magical to me than watching the lights on the parade floats followed by a fireworks show to end my day at MK.
EXPAND the parks!!!! Instead of closing down attractions and building in their place they need to ACTUALLY expand the parks. There are SO many brilliant ideas Disney can use to design new attractions. They keep building all these new resorts.. well, now, they need a place to put these people.

OH! and resort specific refillable mugs. Yes.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom