Transformative Multi-Year Expansion Announced for WDS Paris

IMDREW

I say give every land a new ride;

- Discoveryland gets Soarin’ between Philarmagic and Autopia.
- Fantasyland gets a Tangled dark/boatride across from Fantasia Gelati.
- Adventureland gets Indiana Jones Adventure where it always belonged.
- And Frontierland gets that Winnie the Pooh raft waterride they once developed for TDL.

A man can dream right 😅

IMDREW

As I've said hundreds of times, Disneyland definitely needs a Splash Mountain, Paris in Summer is sweltering. It would be hugely popular then close it from January to March for refurbishment when it gets cold.
Nope, not needing to close during winter. Last February I went on Splash Mountain in Tokyo Disneyland on a very cold night and had the best time of my life. Only my face got sprayed, but no one I saw got wet. Super fun!

derklugen

I dream of a "french new fantasyland" a BATB small coaster (so that it wont be the same as Tokyo) and a Maleficent dark ride; and of course, Indy for Adventureland.

Leaving the dreams aside, does a Tron coaster was rumoured for DLP?

cjkeating

I dream of a "french new fantasyland" a BATB small coaster (so that it wont be the same as Tokyo) and a Maleficent dark ride; and of course, Indy for Adventureland.

Leaving the dreams aside, does a Tron coaster was rumoured for DLP?

I hope we don't get Tron for multiple reasons:
1) We already have two launched coasters and I don't think we need a third
2) It would not fit into Discoveryland at all (if necessary it could go where Pizza Planet was but that would mean it is very hidden and its key selling feature is its kinetic element)
3) It is very short and once you wipe away the gloss a bit disappointing

If we have to get it I think it should go as a mini land in WDSP however I don't foresee that happening.

AndyS2992

I hope we don't get Tron for multiple reasons:
1) We already have two launched coasters and I don't think we need a third
2) It would not fit into Discoveryland at all (if necessary it could go where Pizza Planet was but that would mean it is very hidden and its key selling feature is its kinetic element)
3) It is very short and once you wipe away the gloss a bit disappointing

If we have to get it I think it should go as a mini land in WDSP however I don't foresee that happening.
Yup, it would go right here.

Indy_UK

I agree, soarin' makes sense in discovery land. Mickey and Minnie's will be coming and I think they should ship, carpets of Aladdin over from WDS to Disneyland. Makes more sense and is a cheap addition there.

Mpurkiss

Disneyland park do need new attractions.
- splash mountain
- Aladdin’s ride relocated to adventure land. I think that’s where it is in wee if I remember
- tron would be good but unsure of the space
- fantasyland could do with some more
- Adventureland is pretty bare as most of it is taken up by the adventure isle bit which is good but would be cool to have more rides and attractions
- Frontierland is a bit dead around he area where the train station is could do with something there

Make it based on "Around the World in 80 Days", and I think I could accept that.

Seems like a great way to keep the Discoveryland theme and avoid similarities with other similar attractions in Europe. Because while I think that Soarin would be a great addition, it's not really a priority for me since other parks and cities have it here (these attractions are on a different level but I'm not sure how the average guest would see the differences like we do). Jules Verne etc might be the perfect solution if we're ever going to see it in DLP. That's without Tron and the Star Wars overlay for Space Mountain for me though. Going to be interesting to see what we can expect for Disneyland park: MMRR, adventureland expansions...

Is there anyone with more insight in how planning of expansions works for DLP, Paris and France? I get that there are several required steps in the proces and that it can take a while. But with the expansion for WDS being announced, the public inquiry in september... for expansions opening in 2024-2025, is it unrealistic to expect major changes in Disneyland park around that time without any big announcements now?

fradz

Seems like a great way to keep the Discoveryland theme and avoid similarities with other similar attractions in Europe. Because while I think that Soarin would be a great addition, it's not really a priority for me since other parks and cities have it here (these attractions are on a different level but I'm not sure how the average guest would see the differences like we do). Jules Verne etc might be the perfect solution if we're ever going to see it in DLP. That's without Tron and the Star Wars overlay for Space Mountain for me though. Going to be interesting to see what we can expect for Disneyland park: MMRR, adventureland expansions...

Is there anyone with more insight in how planning of expansions works for DLP, Paris and France? I get that there are several required steps in the proces and that it can take a while. But with the expansion for WDS being announced, the public inquiry in september... for expansions opening in 2024-2025, is it unrealistic to expect major changes in Disneyland park around that time without any big announcements now?
I believe that the WDSP expansion process takes a little longer because some of the land has yet to be acquired by Disney, and is still part of the "convention" that I have mentioned throughout the thread.

I would like to say it is realistic to expect new things for Disneyland Park, but that is what I have said in the past; and the announcements I've been expecting for a while are yet to ... well.. be announced... So I'm not really sure anymore what that means in terms of timelines. Still hoping to get real news at D23, I guess.

britain

Just throwing this speculation in here... what if the Jungle Book attraction (using the Shanghai pirates tech) that was rumored to be proposed for an EPCOT India pavilion were added to DLP’s Adventureland?

I mean, I’d love Moana Splash Mountain, but this would also be something I could get behind.

fradz

Yeah we can't really call it a leak, since it will be part of the official (French) process. It starts on June 17 at 9am, CET time (until July 17th).

Anyone willing to go to the city hall of Chessy will get to see these details, so by noon it will have spread everywhere (I will make sure to report about it here, if Remy doesn't do so first :) )

They announced a Star Wars expansion, not another Galaxy's Edge. While I do hope that DHS gets the additions it deserves, this does not seem that different from what we already knew to me. Or am I missing something? There are also some major differences between the visitors in the US and the European/French visitors. For example the droid depot and the lightsaber building are key elements in the GE experience. Sure, that would also work in Paris to some extent. But would it be as interesting for them to invest in that kind of features here in Europe when merchandise is less important for the visitors here? I'm not only talking about the difference in scale here, but mainly about the features the crowd might be looking for.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom