The Chit Chat Chit Chat Thread

Figgy1

Premium Member
I wanted to quickly check in, unfortunately I haven't had time to read all the post but will try to catch up at a later date.
My mum fell last week while going to the store, got up walked for a few minutes more and then fainted.
She regained consciousness in the ambulance, luckily she only broke her arm and is bruised all over.
I struggle with seeing my mom hurt and bruised, it's also made her feel even more insecure and a bit depressed so in total it hasn't been great. I'm back at work in London but took Friday off to go back home.
I hope everyone else is doing well.
Sending prayers and pixie dust for both of you

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Would love to see some food pics, but, it sounds like neither of y’all have phones that will accommodate such things, like most of the rest of us sillies here do...!!!!! :D:hilarious:;):)

Your wish is my command, sir, (with a little photo assistance from hubs)! My fisherman's platter (clams, scallops, haddock, onion rings, french fries, cole slaw) from last night--I could only eat maybe 1/3 of this plate -- even more fish (which didn't show in photo) hidden under that pile of onion rings and french fries. :jawdrop: :hungry:

MinnieM123

Premium Member
I wanted to quickly check in, unfortunately I haven't had time to read all the post but will try to catch up at a later date.
My mum fell last week while going to the store, got up walked for a few minutes more and then fainted.
She regained consciousness in the ambulance, luckily she only broke her arm and is bruised all over.
I struggle with seeing my mom hurt and bruised, it's also made her feel even more insecure and a bit depressed so in total it hasn't been great. I'm back at work in London but took Friday off to go back home.

So sorry to hear about your mum's fall. Broke her arm? Oh dear. (Was it her favored arm -- in other words, if she's more right -handed, was it her right arm?) Her feeling a bit insecure is also an issue after this, but maybe try to reassure her that sometimes people fall; yet, it may not mean it will happen again.

I wish her well, and you, too. Hugs to you both.

MinnieM123

Premium Member
Definitely mid-century modern, and beyond FABULOUS all the way around...!!!!!!!!!! :joyfull::inlove::happy::)

Here is something that I think you will LOVE. :inlove: It's a walk back to 1962 . . .

A few days ago, I was blown away by how the old TWA terminal at JFK was converted into a hotel -- all retro with TWA accents, and some legit original features like the authentically restored TWA flight board in the "sunken" lounge. Wait until you see some of the amazing (preserved) features that the owner/designers highlighted in this masterpiece. By the way, many people were looking forward to staying here -- it was sold out on Day One!!

Time magazine put a (3 minute) awesome video together here (after the obligatory 1-minute commercial by another airline -- LOL ... talk about product placement? :p ) I clicked on it full screen and it was amazing--everything from the history to the recreation.

http://time.com/5589561/twa-hotel-jfk/

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member

Sorry to hear about your mom, hopefully she can recover and find some
Peace.

John park hopper

Here is something that I think you will LOVE. :inlove: It's a walk back to 1962 . . .

A few days ago, I was blown away by how the old TWA terminal at JFK was converted into a hotel -- all retro with TWA accents, and some legit original features like the authentically restored TWA flight board in the "sunken" lounge. Wait until you see some of the amazing (preserved) features that the owner/designers highlighted in this masterpiece. By the way, many people were looking forward to staying here -- it was sold out on Day One!!

Time magazine put a (3 minute) awesome video together here (after the obligatory 1-minute commercial by another airline -- LOL ... talk about product placement? :p ) I clicked on it full screen and it was amazing--everything from the history to the recreation.

That is so awesome. Great to see a bit of history preserved

Rista1313

I love how Uni can keep to their projected time tables for launching. So disappointed that Mickey's run away Mine Train is almost a year behind in an existing building. :( Wonder if they have even started or just gutted the attraction and walked over to Star Wars to construct. Disney has changed the projected opening season multiple times and now a year off...sadness. I look forward to Run away more than Star Wars.

yeah, that is total BS, I was hoping it be ready in Sept.... but not a chance in bleep of that.

Rista1313

Coming from an aviation backgrown, I had read an article on this a few months ago. I think it's SO spectacular and I'd love to see it. I have such a nostalgia for old airline everything.

93boomer

Premium Member
After going to both Islands of Adventure and Studios we ate at Margarittaville. So good! A tad expensive, but typical for a themed restaurant. We did get an AP discount. We did end up purchasing AP’s. The price was really good for blockout date ones that are irrelevant to us. Dh got a pass where we get discounts on food and merchandise. We didn’t do too many rides. Trying to get a feel for this place. We did do Forbidden Journey, Flight of the Hippogrif, and Hogwart’s Express. Tried a sip of butterbeer and we all preferred frozen. After lunch we took a nap and then went to Volcano Bay. There are 2 lazy rivers. One is super wild and everyone needs a lifevest. One wave pushed youngest near a wall and water went over her head. I grabbed her and got her over, but she was done with that. Not for her. We did a fun family ride and hung out in the wave pool. After dinner half of us crashed in the room and the other half explored. I was part of the other half. Here are more pics of the day.
View attachment 373273View attachment 373274View attachment 373275View attachment 373276View attachment 373277View attachment 373278View attachment 373279View attachment 373280View attachment 373281View attachment 373282
Nice! I love that view of Hard Rock Cafe! Food looks yummy!!

wdwfan4ver

Sorry, to hear about your mom's fall and fracture. I hope she gets better soon.

I know how it is dealing with moms when they are not at their best.

donaldtoo

Your wish is my command, sir, (with a little photo assistance from hubs)! My fisherman's platter (clams, scallops, haddock, onion rings, french fries, cole slaw) from last night--I could only eat maybe 1/3 of this plate -- even more fish (which didn't show in photo) hidden under that pile of onion rings and french fries. :jawdrop: :hungry:

View attachment 373328

I wish I could like this 100 times...!!!!!!! :joyfull:
Looks sooooooo darn delicious...!!!!!!! :hungry:
I NEED that plate of food right now...thanks, Minnie...!!!!! :bored::rolleyes::D;):)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom