The Sorcerer's Apprentice Season 5: ENDGAME - Hype Thread

DisneyManOne

Who cares about what he thinks? Doug Walker has proven he can't speak out at all for or against Change the Channel, since his terrible boss owns the rights to his career, success, and viewership. I feel sorry that Malcolm, Tamara, and Brad Jones' family were targeted for things they weren't involved in. But, in truth, his opinion really doesn't mean much aside from being based on viewership. Doug clings to a dying if not dead video comedy routine, and his episodes are rarely funny anymore. Meanwhile, many of his former collaborators and friends have gone to make great videos, changed their styles, and tried new things - and kept their dignity. Heck, Lindsay Ellis' team has been nominated for a Hugo Award for their Hobbit documentary. What's the Nostalgia Critic doing? Unfunny, irrelevant jokes and references that are dated as his routine. And frankly, who cares if he mocks the Pokemon fanbase? They're not going to care. I don't care, and neither should you. You have nothing to dread about, as it is just one man's opinion, and will be as irrelevant as he has become online. His silence made sure of that.

My friend, I never said I cared about what he thinks. I haven't watched a new episode of his show ever since the publishing of the Google Doc, and even then, the episode that was published--a review of the 2017 Beauty and the Beast--just proved that he was not going to improve his style, and so, I stopped watching him. The only new video I've watched after the Change the Channel movement began was the Fox Kids video, and solely out of morbid curiosity because I still have a soft-spot for some of his videos, and the Disney Afternoon video is one of them. The only thing I dread is how he treats the fans, and if past videos were any indication, he treats Pokemon fans like scum of the earth.

You're right, he does cling to the same old hackneyed routine; and it really shows in his modern videos. His juvenile and immature way of doing things has not aged well, and it only makes Doug look more like the egotistical hack he is. Frankly, I think the reason why Doug continues to support his boss is solely because of ego. Without his boss, his show is nothing, and Doug seems to only be doing this because he wants to be kept in the spotlight. He wants to keep doing videos because he thinks himself to be this big, important critic whose opinion is the Alpha and the Omega, but in reality, he's just a big, delusional man who can't handle anyone else's opinions. I have no clue if Channel Awesome will survive in the future. It's certainly not the empire it once was. Only three producers are still on there--one of which is staying solely out of spite--so it won't matter when it inevitably shuts down.

DisneyManOne

By the way, given what I said about the Disney Afternoon review in my last post, I might as well share a list of pre-Change the Channel episodes that I still look back upon fondly, and frankly, will re-watch on the occasion. I will admit that despite everything, I still enjoy these particular reviews, and frankly, if I was to ever willingly watch the Nostalgia Critic again, I would stick to the episodes listed here.

• Top 11 Disney Villains
  • Top 12 Greatest Christmas Specials
  • Ferngully: The Last Rainforest
  • The Good Son
  • Gargoyles
  • Alone in the Dark
  • Animaniacs Tribute
  • Dungeons & Dragons
  • The Langoliers
  • Raiders of the Story Arc: DuckTales
  • James and the Giant Peach
  • Moulin Rouge!
  • Jungle 2 Jungle
  • Dawn of the Commercials
  • The Disney Afternoon
  • Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer
  • The Legend of Zorro
  • Pixels
  • Conquest of the Commercials
  • The Happening
  • Lady in the Water
  • Top 12 Christmas Commercials
  • The Sorcerer's Apprentice (mainly because it involves Some Jerk with a Camera)

kmbmw777

I am not a pokemon fan- though I did play Pokemon Go that fateful summer so I know a few of the characters.

For a casual audience would you recommend the movie? All the reviews I've seen are about how much the fans of Pokemon will enjoy. The trailers made it out to be a fun buddy cop movie with kiddie deadpool- does it deliver in that department?
Just saw it - I think you will definetely enjoy it. Fans enjoy it for the easter eggs, while the overall story is relatable for everyone.

Suchomimus

D6jmIwiV4AAU1Lt

FireMountain

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom